Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    For your info, I am involve in the IMF and I can see the kiasuism from the goverment for the last few weeks. The original thread starter is wondering why there is such air exercise. Some of the air area exercise is for the coverage that is involve in the IMF security.
    O Rly? IMF eh? I'd advise u to keep it low if u're juz a small player and not blow trumpets around. I'm sure u'd studied Malay long enuff to know this proverb very well: "Jangan disangka air yang tenang tiada buaya."

Blue IC also have as much exclusive right to wave their complains as well. Not leaving this country until I make a fair share.
    U have ur exclusive right to wave complaints at the Republic of Singapore Armed Forces as much as the Government of the Republic of Singapore has the exclusive right to evict any PRs.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

wor wor~~

keep it cool .... I dun wan to close any threads.. unless I have to.

Mod
    Kopitiam

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    wor wor~~

Mod
    Kopitiam
    Close it lar. I see nothing but complains.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    O Rly? IMF eh? I'd advise u to keep it low if u're juz a small player and not blow trumpets around. I'm sure u'd studied Malay long enuff to know this proverb very well: "Jangan disangka air yang tenang tiada buaya."

U have ur exclusive right to wave complaints at the Republic of Singapore Armed Forces as much as the Government of the Republic of Singapore has the exclusive right to evict any PRs.
    Your words is so funny...

Big or small trumpet.....of course not telling you. Maybe you can give me a blow....

Of course I know malay very well. No need your advise. I have plenty of better advices. No need to use Malay words lar.

Singapore Goverment will never use such power to evict PRs without any cause. So far PRs have been contributing a lot more than expected. Without them (about 350,000 currently), not sure what will happend to Singapore?

Logging out. Too much of this nonsense will eventually fry your brain.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 25th August 2006 at 10:11 PM.

bear with the noise man. i bet its for the IMF event also. some mock activations in case of emergencies. kiasuism is better than screwing up during a live emergency. in the meantime those affected shd wear ear plugs haha.

for me the fighter jet noise gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling insides....probably due to my NS..but umm ok no more talk abt that :X
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

The thing to highlight is the early morning and late evening flying. I wouldn't mind if they do it sky high somewhere in space where I can't hear their noises while I sleep.

Sure sure, defence is important, training too. Afternoons maybe?

And my original question was: "Anyone took photos of them?"

Like I'd said.

Morning: People are sleeping. People complain.
    Afternoon: Kids are doing homework. Parents complain.
    Night: People are sleeping. People complain.

We can't have a noiseless supersonic military fighter plane. Terence being in the aviation industry probably knows this alot clearer. And where military sorties are concerned, its not really up to the general civilians to order MINDEF & RSAF when to carry out sorties and when not to.

Bear with it since this had been an issue since '98. Dun push all the blame onto a single entity. Curse those who terminated airspace agreements and play ding-dongs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Your words is so funny...

Big or small trumpet.....of course not telling you. Maybe you can give me a blow....

Of course I know malay very well. No need your advise. I have plenty of better advices. No need to use Malay words lar.

Singapore Goverment will never use such power to evict PRs without any cause. So far PRs have been contributing a lot more than expected. Without them (about 350,000 currently), not sure what will happend to Singapore?

Logging out. Too much of this nonsense will eventually fry your brain.
    Well, I guess a PR with too much bad spelling, grammar coupled with lotsa firing hot cannons WILL fry me.

I'm not counting an ingrate to prop up Singapore either anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    wor wor~~

Mod
    Kopitiam
    Chill Bluestrike. I'm sure everyone here is pretty nice but its a bad habit of me to respond to hot air cannons in kind.

I'll have my peace from now.

I'm only complaining because my beauty sleep was interrupted... and goodness knows I am in need of beauty...

The military may certainly train whenever and wherever they want but consideration for the public must be maintained whenever possible. The aircraft noise I heard was indicative of a low level high G turn, requiring the use of the afterburner and I'm guessing that's what created the ear piercing racket. Such maneuvers are not normally practiced in residential areas on a daily basis and I too suspect it's rehersals for the upcoming RSAF Open House flight displays.

Like so many said, what to do? Can complain till the cows come home and nothing will be done about it...

was it today? it was really loud .. i suppose is very close to us.
    but look out the window with cam half asleep but no plane

With all that noise they too will interrupt the IMF proceedings! If they continue flying during the IMF meeting..........then the president of the IMF will ask the Singapore government to stop the noise! :-)

but since jsbn said: he is not even a PR, so can not complain!!!

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by Ukay
    I agree totally!!!! The stupid planes are flying so low.. and are so damn loud!!! at first i though that maybe its cos of the national day parade fly pass practices.... but now! this has been going on for months!!!!! n national day is OVER! and its getting earlier n earlier in the day...
    IMF + Idiot Terrorists + Prudent (or Kiasi??) Govt = Airplanes flying low

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper

Maybe you would like some cheese with your whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I'm only complaining because my beauty sleep was interrupted... and goodness knows I am in need of beauty...

The military may certainly train whenever and wherever they want but consideration for the public must be maintained whenever possible. The aircraft noise I heard was indicative of a low level high G turn, requiring the use of the afterburner and I'm guessing that's what created the ear piercing racket. Such maneuvers are not normally practiced in residential areas on a daily basis and I too suspect it's rehersals for the upcoming RSAF Open House flight displays.

Like so many said, what to do? Can complain till the cows come home and nothing will be done about it...

its probably more for the IMF. you know they have to throw a huge air cover over the convention site. knowing how little airspace we have, the fighters have to practice low level intercepts. how to intercept without high-g turns?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballack
    Got some helicopter flying low level around Cantonment area. Sleeping, woken up by a loud choppy noise. Went outside, it's almost 9pm and totally dark. Cannot shoot. =\

Probably a medevac exercise on the Helipad at SGH. Or it could be an real casualty case.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    its probably more for the IMF. you know they have to throw a huge air cover over the convention site. knowing how little airspace we have, the fighters have to practice low level intercepts. how to intercept without high-g turns?
    Er dude, interception is a relatively straight path, dogfights are the ones that require high-G manuevers.

soooo... i'm hearing 4 fighter jets flying pass tekong and particularly my company like what? 4-5 times or even more a day? and they fly so long till we can be in the planes' shadows and our beds shake a lil'
    I Love You :)

Haiz.......a bit of noise you all complain until like tat........wait till you go to my work place at ubi.......airplane landings.......stupid rex and evo and initial d idiots wanna be jamming their accelators...... when all you hear is noise but no car......but what to do? lan lan stuck thumb coz boss like tat place

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Er dude, interception is a relatively straight path, dogfights are the ones that require high-G manuevers.
    what i really meant is the whole slew of necessary maneuvers. if a classical interception failed to stop the approaching aircraft, does it not require manuevering?

anyway seen that french movie in which a mirage jet was stolen right off the airshow grounds? I'm not sure how far fetch it is in real life but a pilot was kidnapped and replaced by a terrorist substitute.

I would imagine one of the scenario to be where an aircraft (even a small one) will be sneaked off a runway somewhere in Singapore, already within the air cover umbrella. Here would be a scenario where you have no more straight path classical interception. the enemy is already within.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast