Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    relax lah.. flying copters in the skies are good. It will show the various countries "advanced party" that "we are doing some work" it's a good time to flex our military hardware (or muscle if you like)

    smile ppl smile remember, singapore is the land of 4 million smiles.. and now don't you go and quote me Mr Brown's "Got smile meh?"
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #22
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Lately lots of helicopters....

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam
    Bugis area oso....last nite went orchard...saw a helicopter hovering above oso...
    Maybe they wan to do super tight survelience for e coming IMF...
    Absolutely right.

    So far Suntec City Convention Halls have been closed since early July for the IMF.

    Several major hotels is currently exercising the drill with the police force.

    So nothing to be alarm or annoyed about it when they are hovering certain areas for potential terrorist attack. Singapore Goverment style mar.....super kiasu.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Absolutely right.

    So far Suntec City Convention Halls have been closed since early July for the IMF.

    Several major hotels is currently exercising the drill with the police force.

    So nothing to be alarm or annoyed about it when they are hovering certain areas for potential terrorist attack. Singapore Goverment style mar.....super kiasu.
    Malaysian govt is pretty kiasu where things like these are concerned as well.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I work around airplanes and I find this pretty loud. Whatever it is I think the flights should be retimed to a later part of the day, that's just pure consideration. My windows rattled a little during the initial pass this morning.
    Well, u shld know where military sorties are concerned, they can't be accomodating to everyone my friend....

    Morning: People want to sleep
    Afternoon: Kids doing homework, ppl doing owl shift want to sleep, babies sleeping
    Night: People need to sleep

    Probably people can fire complaints and they could just redo schedules for sorties, but where administrative stuff are concerned, well... u know how silly and messy some things can get at times.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Nothing is worse than hearing an arty barrage
    There are some things much louder than the roar of FH2000s.

    COMPLAINTS!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #27

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Common guys!! The aircraft are training for whatever reason, regardless of the time is for your safety. Do you think if some invading force were to attack Singapore they would do it at a time that is convenient for you?? Maybe after you have had your dinner or afternoon nap.

    I am sorry but it is a small price to pay so just bear with it. I am sure they are not doing this just to irritate you. I am sure there is a valid reason for all the activity.

    Maybe you would like some cheese with your whine?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Guys,

    Ever since, the Johor Airspace is out of bounds, they have been flying over my area in Hougang ever so often.

    What to do ? Very noisy even for phone calls with windows closed.

    Just hope they settle the Water and hopefully get some Airspace with Malaysia, so that the planes can fly by the Johor jungle and disturb the animals and the fishes along the Johor straits instead.

    I heard they continue to supply water here only because they dont want the Singapore based Malaysian to die of thirst, hehe. Wonder how true ?


  9. #29
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    There are some things much louder than the roar of FH2000s.

    COMPLAINTS!
    u from arty ?

  10. #30
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Nothing is worse than hearing an arty barrage
    arty burst are the best sounds i ever experience up close beside the guns

  11. #31
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I got wokened up this morning by low flying jets in the Joo Chiat area. Not once but several low passes, it was extremely disturbing. It's bad enough they fly so low but why do it so early in the day? Put in a complaint, if you feel compelled, use the link below to the email form and select "Aircraft Noise" from the subject menu.

    Complain over here

    .
    It's the RSAF open house prep. There was a test run this morning at 8. Will be over by next weekend

    Chinook with LSV, parajumpers, special force mock attacks and more..

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Got a canned reply from my complaint earlier this morning... quoted below...

    I wonder which geeky NSF sod sitting in his air-con office sent this. Notice it never actually addresses the specific problem I brought up of jets in my area this morning.

    =========================
    Dear Mr T,

    First of all, we like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

    The RSAF is mindful of the possible inconvenience to the public as a result of its flying activities over Singapore. Te RSAF has laid down strict rules to reduce noise levels around the airbases, though the noise cannot be totally eliminated. Measures taken include:
    - Lowering the speed of jets when operating over the main island, thus reducing noise emission.
    - Not conducting night training during school examination periods and ceasing flying activities during school listening comprehension examinations.
    - conducting engine ground runs for the fighter aircraft in the Hush House, an enclosure designed to absorb noise during the testing of jet engines.

    Most of our training is done over the South China Sea and Pulau Pawai, and at overseas training detachments. To reduce noise and minimise risk, RSAF aircraft avoid the populated areas when they take off for training. RSAF aircraft also fly at higher altitudes in the departure routes.

    The relocation of the Flying Training School to Perth, Australia and the introduction of Flight Simulators in the RSAF have significantly cut down aircraft noise.

    We also impose similar noise abatement measures on foreign aircraft so as to reduce the impact of flying activities. The measures implemented are meant to create a balance between operational training requirements and consideration for the residents. We are constantly exploring ways to minimise the noise level.

    Please visit the NS Portal at http://www.ns.sg or contact MINDEF eServices Centre at 1800-367 6767. If you are calling from overseas, please dial +65 6567 6767. (To speak to our Customer Service Specialists, press "0" after selecting your language.)

    We look forward to serving you better.


    With regards,


    Markus Tan
    Customer Service Specialist
    MINDEF eServices Centre

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye
    u from arty ?
    Nope. But...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    First,
    given how critical the RSAF is to the defence of SG, and the operational constraints they face flying out of SG, I think they are pretty much entitled to fly anytime they like, anywhere they like, at whatever speed they like. The fact that they even practice noise abatement is a bonus. If shooting starts between SG and neighbours, you'll be begging to hear the sound of friendly jets overhead. Can you imagine Israelis complaining about their jets training early in the morning? You'd be laughed out of town.

    Next,
    the feedback channel is strictly for show. I am certain they couldn't give 2 hoots about public complaints on flying activities. And I don't think they need to give an account to anybody but themselves, honestly.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Malaysian govt is pretty kiasu where things like these are concerned as well.
    What's there got to do with the original topic?

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    Common guys!! The aircraft are training for whatever reason, regardless of the time is for your safety. Do you think if some invading force were to attack Singapore they would do it at a time that is convenient for you?? Maybe after you have had your dinner or afternoon nap.

    I am sorry but it is a small price to pay so just bear with it. I am sure they are not doing this just to irritate you. I am sure there is a valid reason for all the activity.

    Maybe you would like some cheese with your whine?
    You are absolutely right.

    A little bit complain. A little bit complain.......normal lar.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    What's there got to do with the original topic?
    So what has the topic of 'kiasuism' of the Singapore govt got to do with the original topic in the first place as well?

    Of cos, if u've got any problems with Singaporeans complaints with their own Nation's Armed Forces Military Sorties (which we holding pink Singapore ICs have the exclusive right to complain and its not in other ppl of other countries to even comment on it), u can go back to where u come from, up North.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #38
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Got a canned reply from my complaint earlier this morning... quoted below...

    I wonder which geeky NSF sod sitting in his air-con office sent this. Notice it never actually addresses the specific problem I brought up of jets in my area this morning.

    =========================
    Dear Mr T,

    First of all, we like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

    The RSAF is mindful of the possible inconvenience to the public as a result of its flying activities over Singapore. Te RSAF has laid down strict rules to reduce noise levels around the airbases, though the noise cannot be totally eliminated. Measures taken include:
    - Lowering the speed of jets when operating over the main island, thus reducing noise emission.
    - Not conducting night training during school examination periods and ceasing flying activities during school listening comprehension examinations.
    - conducting engine ground runs for the fighter aircraft in the Hush House, an enclosure designed to absorb noise during the testing of jet engines.

    Most of our training is done over the South China Sea and Pulau Pawai, and at overseas training detachments. To reduce noise and minimise risk, RSAF aircraft avoid the populated areas when they take off for training. RSAF aircraft also fly at higher altitudes in the departure routes.

    The relocation of the Flying Training School to Perth, Australia and the introduction of Flight Simulators in the RSAF have significantly cut down aircraft noise.

    We also impose similar noise abatement measures on foreign aircraft so as to reduce the impact of flying activities. The measures implemented are meant to create a balance between operational training requirements and consideration for the residents. We are constantly exploring ways to minimise the noise level.

    Please visit the NS Portal at http://www.ns.sg or contact MINDEF eServices Centre at 1800-367 6767. If you are calling from overseas, please dial +65 6567 6767. (To speak to our Customer Service Specialists, press "0" after selecting your language.)

    We look forward to serving you better.


    With regards,


    Markus Tan
    Customer Service Specialist
    MINDEF eServices Centre
    Well, I'm normally 600~800m away from the runway, consider yourself lucky you don't even hear the engine blast and take off infront of you!

    Nothing you can do about the noise and flights, it's a SAF thing. It's a pretty nice sight to see the boosters light up and glow in the dark when the planes take off/land in the wee hours of the morning/night.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    So what has the topic of 'kiasuism' of the Singapore govt got to do with the original topic in the first place as well?

    Of cos, if u've got any problems with Singaporeans complaints with their own Nation's Armed Forces Military Sorties (which we holding pink Singapore ICs have the exclusive right to complain and its not in other ppl of other countries to even comment on it), u can go back to where u come from, up North.
    For your info, I am involve in the IMF and I can see the kiasuism from the goverment for the last few weeks. The original thread starter is wondering why there is such air exercise. Some of the air area exercise is for the coverage that is involve in the IMF security.

    Blue IC also have as much exclusive right to wave their complains as well. Not leaving this country until I make a fair share.

    If you walk around Marina area, plenty of places have been clearing to make way for the 16,000 IMF delegates. Many foriegn workers have been working round the clock to ensure every is going smoothly.

  20. #40
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Planes & helicopters over residential areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Got a canned reply from my complaint earlier this morning... quoted below...

    I wonder which geeky NSF sod sitting in his air-con office sent this. Notice it never actually addresses the specific problem I brought up of jets in my area this morning.

    =========================
    Dear Mr T,

    First of all, we like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

    The RSAF is mindful of the possible inconvenience to the public as a result of its flying activities over Singapore. Te RSAF has laid down strict rules to reduce noise levels around the airbases, though the noise cannot be totally eliminated. Measures taken include:
    - Lowering the speed of jets when operating over the main island, thus reducing noise emission.
    - Not conducting night training during school examination periods and ceasing flying activities during school listening comprehension examinations.
    - conducting engine ground runs for the fighter aircraft in the Hush House, an enclosure designed to absorb noise during the testing of jet engines.

    Most of our training is done over the South China Sea and Pulau Pawai, and at overseas training detachments. To reduce noise and minimise risk, RSAF aircraft avoid the populated areas when they take off for training. RSAF aircraft also fly at higher altitudes in the departure routes.

    The relocation of the Flying Training School to Perth, Australia and the introduction of Flight Simulators in the RSAF have significantly cut down aircraft noise.

    We also impose similar noise abatement measures on foreign aircraft so as to reduce the impact of flying activities. The measures implemented are meant to create a balance between operational training requirements and consideration for the residents. We are constantly exploring ways to minimise the noise level.

    Please visit the NS Portal at http://www.ns.sg or contact MINDEF eServices Centre at 1800-367 6767. If you are calling from overseas, please dial +65 6567 6767. (To speak to our Customer Service Specialists, press "0" after selecting your language.)

    We look forward to serving you better.


    With regards,


    Markus Tan
    Customer Service Specialist
    MINDEF eServices Centre
    Sounds like a computer generated response...
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •