Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl gets scratches from Stray Cat

Default Re: Girl gets scratches from Stray Cat

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    he answer for me, u not happy issit? what makes u think he is me? u are being SO presumtious, get ur facts right.

and u actually think a cat would go up a hdb flat for nothing? a cat wont go up the flights of stairs of the hdb flat for nothing, unless someone lures it into their house.

and u think ur dog never did anything to cause the cat to attack it? u mean u are a dog & u can communicate with a dog? the dog tell u "woof woof, i am only sleeping" ?
    cool cool cool.. don't take things too personal in here.. chill guys. It's gonna get this thread locked. Take your private settlements to PM.

It is a known fact that cats will approach anything and start to 'slap' it just to see if it's alive. It's all part of the 'culture'. It's the same stupid thing ppl try to get cats to do with the ball or yarn. Somehow, ppl find the same action with the ball of yarn cute but not with a dog.. chill chill.... associate more with cats. speak their (body) language.

it's scratching my tripod!! how? call police?
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 25th August 2006 at 01:34 PM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Member/Tangshooter

Cool it everyone..friendly discussions only!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Did i read somewhere in this forum that someone said pets are not supposed to be kept as pets, coz they're wild in nature?

Member/Tangshooter

What I really dislike here is the culling of cats by whichever authority it is..(HSA? AVA?)

This seems more like an isolated incident..and its causing the whole neighbourhood of cats to be culled?

And to any parents who's kids are being scratched by cats..teach them the right way to treat/handle cats..u want to play with strays, u learn to love them the correct way..

When I was a kid, I always play with stray cats and dogs, catch fish at canal, catch grasshopper and spiders, play sand in playground, and many many more fun stuff to do with nature..And those are the good old days where we don't find any contagious disease like HFMD spreading around??? Cause we are closer to the nature.. I miss my childhood days..and I couldn't even find a playground with swing nowadays to bring my childhood memories back..

swing still can find lah.. but where's the sand? fishing in canal is so unheard of now.. want guppies? go aquarium to buy or see to kids now, canal = dirty and will fall sick. Grasshoppers and spiders are called pests, bring in the spray. yups.. nice and sterile environment kids dun fall sick or get injured, everyone happy
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Kids nowdays enjoy Battlefield 2 or counterstrike just as much as kids back then enjoyed catching guppies and grasshoppers.

Those who don't play current games now are tthe same group who are not aware of the enjoyment it gives compared to the games they played a few decades ago.

And will u think kids now will want to catch guppies, given a choice?

EDIT: i think this is getting way OT..

Last edited by AReality; 25th August 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Kids nowdays enjoy Battlefield 2 or counterstrike just as much as kids back then enjoyed catching guppies and grasshoppers.

Those who don't play current games now are tthe same group who are not aware of the enjoyment it gives compared to the games they played a few decades ago.

And will u think kids now will want to catch guppies, given a choice?

EDIT: i think this is getting way OT..

Agree..

Better close threads before it gets more OT..

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    swing still can find lah.. but where's the sand? fishing in canal is so unheard of now.. want guppies? go aquarium to buy or see to kids now, canal = dirty and will fall sick. Grasshoppers and spiders are called pests, bring in the spray. yups.. nice and sterile environment kids dun fall sick or get injured, everyone happy
    Sterile environment??? Now Scientist are suspecting because we live too clean/sterile, that's why we face more allergy problem than last time.
    "hygiene hypothesis" ultra-clean modern lifestyles are to blame for an increase in allergies and autoimmune diseases.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

my guess,

the cat was provoked by the girl's action. Most cats are scaredy cats literally. Unless provoked, they will not attack. Probably, the girl got too close to comfort of the cat or yanked at the cat's tail or something...u know young kids.

I have a dog and a cat. Nice companions for each other. Yes, I have heard story of cats scratching dogs and stuff. But they are minority cases which cant be used to put cats down.

Just take it. Culling is NOT the way to go. Do you want the next generation to not even be able to see what a cat is? Thinking we do not have enough extinct species? Yeh, I feed cats. And when I do, I make sure I clean up after that to ensure no one complains. And I give them the cuddle that they need. They dont need much more.

Upz for the cat.

Rgds,
    tltan

Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    Sterile environment??? Now Scientist are suspecting because we live too clean/sterile, that's why we face more allergy problem than last time.
    Thats definitely true.

We are getting more and more susceptible to infectious material because our body are not generating enough antibodies against substances. Everything clean, body immune system doesnt need to put up a fight that often, they get relaxed and thats it, another simple attack by infectious agent render the body down.....

Regards,
    tltan

Seems that the mother of the girl who got hurt wanted AVA to remove the cats but not kill them. Was assured by AVA that "pretty and healthy ones will be put up for adoption" Dubious claims as animals entering AVA's doors dont come out alive.

She is now pretty upset her report is getting cats killed. Latest news too is that the cat caught and culled for scratching the girl could be the wrong cat.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Seems that the mother of the girl who got hurt wanted AVA to remove the cats but not kill them. Was assured by AVA that "pretty and healthy ones will be put up for adoption" Dubious claims as animals entering AVA's doors dont come out alive.

She is now pretty upset her report is getting cats killed. Latest news too is that the cat caught and culled for scratching the girl could be the wrong cat.
    wat pretty and healthy??

do u mean the ugly and old will be cull instead??

They are all still cats right??

What has this world become, passing judgement for the minority??

So wat is good and wat is bad?

This is sick man. I thought there's a certain society that is against such acts of culling?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    it is the nature of cats to attack when frightened??!!???

that is bad as well
    What's the matter with you? I really hope you are not going to turn into a cat abuser by using this as a JUSTIFICATION - remember CATS DO NOT RAPE - ANIMALS DO NOT RAPE. Oh well, maybe you HATE CATS - fine! I hate rapists and cat abusers - but I DO NOT ASK FOR THEIR DEATHS.

CATS ARE ANIMALS - ANIMALS HAVE NO INTENTIONAL MALICE OR EVIL - they ACT BY INSTINCT - when they are frightened, they get into the defensive. I have many friends with young children and cats and eventually they have to give up their cats because the children were trying to strangle the cats (unintentionally of course) while hugging the cats. Some cats will scratch - some just take it.

And all these CULLING business - This country is DESCENDING INTO ABYSSMAL BARBARITY ... IF THE GOVT RESCIND THAT STUPID POLICY ABOUT HDB OWNERS NOT BEING ALLOWED TO KEEP CATS - THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO MANY STRAY CATS - IF THE GOVT/NGOS/THE PUBLIC/PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE CATS - GIVE FULL SUPPORT AND ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT A PROPER STERELISATION INITIATIVE - THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO MANY STRAY CATS ....

Well, what to do? I am too idealistic perhaps - I forgot that I live in DARKNESS ...

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    What's the matter with you? I really hope you are not going to turn into a cat abuser by using this as a JUSTIFICATION - remember CATS DO NOT RAPE - ANIMALS DO NOT RAPE. Oh well, maybe you HATE CATS - fine! I hate rapists and cat abusers - but I DO NOT ASK FOR THEIR DEATHS.

CATS ARE ANIMALS - ANIMALS HAVE NO INTENTIONAL MALICE OR EVIL - they ACT BY INSTINCT - when they are frightened, they get into the defensive. I have many friends with young children and cats and eventually they have to give up their cats because the children were trying to strangle the cats (unintentionally of course) while hugging the cats. Some cats will scratch - some just take it.

And all these CULLING business - This country is DESCENDING INTO ABYSSMAL BARBARITY ... IF THE GOVT RESCIND THAT STUPID POLICY ABOUT HDB OWNERS NOT BEING ALLOWED TO KEEP CATS - THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO MANY STRAY CATS - IF THE GOVT/NGOS/THE PUBLIC/PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE CATS - GIVE FULL SUPPORT AND ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT A PROPER STERELISATION INITIATIVE - THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO MANY STRAY CATS ....

Well, what to do? I am too idealistic perhaps - I forgot that I live in DARKNESS ...
    Hey, go easy with the caps! He never once advocated culling of cats. Merely pointed out that the action is bad.

Being too emotional will not solve the problem. Being extreme will turn away supporters. Bit**ing in forum with this intensity suggests you're passionate enough for the lives of cats. Turn the energy into something positive, use legitimate means to protest against this action, and hopefully stop it.

Seems that there is news that a 3 year old girl was scratched by a stray cat that ventured into her home and the result. Cat caught and put down and now plans being considered to mass cull all cats in the area.

What are your thoughts on the cat situation as a whole in Spore? Do we have too many strays that it is a problem? and do feeders(People who feed cats regularly) are they a nuisance or are they doing a public service?

Share your thoughts.
    tas pure madness.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    Hey, go easy with the caps! He never once advocated culling of cats. Merely pointed out that the action is bad.

Being too emotional will not solve the problem. Being extreme will turn away supporters. Bit**ing in forum with this intensity suggests you're passionate enough for the lives of cats. Turn the energy into something positive, use legitimate means to protest against this action, and hopefully stop it.
    SIGH ... oklah - I think I will write the Animal Charter and go see my MP and then start online petition for this Charter to take effect. Other than that - I can't really do much protest in Singapore.

SIGH ... oklah - I think I will write the Animal Charter and go see my MP and then start online petition for this Charter to take effect. Other than that - I can't really do much protest in Singapore.
    Now if only i can find/recall the name of this society that had a movement against the culling of cats during SARS. Even if this culling cannot be stopped, public awareness can be raised.

We have the wrong impression that strays attack people all because one does.

Why is that so?
    Might be cos strays have the wrong impression about humans just because one human treat it badly.

Wrong impression of each other

Since you are a cat lover, can I say that your response is biased towards cats?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast