Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl gets scratches from Stray Cat

Blog Entries

Default Re: Girl gets scratches from Stray Cat

maybe cage the children so that animals can roam free.
    If indeed it is the fault of the child and the animal is just defending itself.

Quote Originally Posted by firestone
    A girl is raped, lets cut off the dicks of all guys in the area.
    Yes so now u know yes? Why then should strays be culled because of one stray that scratched a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    don't get me wrong, i like cats, in fact i had 2 at one time. (both died from old age)

I am just saying that it is not too smart to make comments like that as it will backfire.
    Have a nice day
    I state facts, no need to hide behind what everyone already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Agree with G-man that we should cull drunk drivers 1st, statistically, there are more deaths from drunk drivers than from stray cats.

Yep. Lets start a petition to pass a law to cull drunk drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    its the house owner's fault, they never close their house properly and if they dun disturb the cat, the cat wont attack..
    You're very presumptious my friend. My dog, was scratched by a cat for doing nothing at all. It doesn't surprise me at all that a cat would attack without provocation. So long as they feel threatened they will attack. And gawd knows when they will feel threatened?

And you're advocating all HDB flat owners to close their doors at all times? Give me a break man.

Btw, I had cats too, and love them in my own way. But being extremist is hardly helping a heaty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Too many inconsiderate drunk drivers have caused needless death on the roads. Let's also cull drunk drivers.
    Not sure about culling cats, unless of course a "Catflu" situation develops, but i have absolutely no objection on culling drunk drivers! They are irresponsible at best and murderers at worst.

That's my point exactly, imar. It's like making a sweeping statement because of 1 incident.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    You're very presumptious my friend. My dog, was scratched by a cat for doing nothing at all. It doesn't surprise me at all that a cat would attack without provocation. So long as they feel threatened they will attack. And gawd knows when they will feel threatened?

And you're advocating all HDB flat owners to close their doors at all times? Give me a break man.

Btw, I had cats too, and love them in my own way. But being extremist is hardly helping a heaty situation.
    Wah! u have a dog and the cat still enter ur house to scratch ur dog? What dog u have?

The message i want to put across is..stray cats never anyhow enter a house..so who's fault it is if u say a cat enter a house and scratch a girl..yes, indeed the girl was scratch, but did anybody listen to wat the cat has to say..i dun think so..becos cats can't speak up! so the parents start making a complaint and kicking up a fuss..so the whole neighbourhood of cats are being cull?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Stray cats will not wonder into someone's home. They don't like to be confined. This is a one off case. Let's not brand the cat a criminal and start culling every cat in sight. We humans have wondered into other animals domain since the beginning of time. Till today we are cutting down forest and vegetation to build our homes. We burn forest which is home to thousand of animals species. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Wah! u have a dog and the cat still enter ur house to scratch ur dog? What dog u have?

The message i want to put across is..stray cats never anyhow enter a house..so who's fault it is if u say a cat enter a house and scratch a girl..yes, indeed the girl was scratch, but did anybody listen to wat the cat has to say..i dun think so..becos cats can't speak up! so the parents start making a complaint and kicking up a fuss..so the whole neighbourhood of cats are being cull?
    I was talking to kcuf. You're kcuf? Both of you being so presumtious, I can't help but think ur the same person. I had a cat in the past, it died. I have a dog now. But I never said a cat entered my house to scratch my dog. A stray cat scratched my dog when he was sleeping beneath a bench at east coast park.

You're so wrong about stray cats man. I happen to have a stray cat enter my house too.

My point is not to agree or dispute with the responses of the parents or the neighbourhood. My point is, stop being so extreme, to the point of saying cats can't speak up? Or the owners are at fault for not closing the door?. Such extremism only creates a deeper wedge between cat lovers and non-cat lovers.

if you had cats.. you should know better than anyone when they will feel threatened and how they would look at you.. the body language they convey is very simple and don't lie.. they don't use words that mask the true meaning like humans.

I can approach almost any street cat and give them a pat on the head since sec sch days >>10yrs ago). Till today, NONE have injured me. They always have their claws on me when they're in a a playful mood and grab my hand, trying to put my hand into their mouth.

I understand they're having fun and have no intention of harming or eating my hand so I just bear with the slight prickly feeling and "play along". But to others who do not know, the sharp claws and teeth would have cause much discomfort and they would quickly retract their hands, the cat would react by trying to grab the "toy"(your hand) back (with claws) and thus scratching the person's hand.

To humans, cat trying to put my hand into mouth = cat trying to eat me.

Cats are just curious animals and like babies who puts everything in their mouth as part of their exploration of the world. Well.. curiousity killed the cat

EDIT: p/s, i never had cats as pets. Only a dog.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 25th August 2006 at 12:48 PM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

It's official, culling will take place at Yishun St 12. "Progress towards a clean and cat free environment"

Yes it is the Singaporean way.
    efficient to the max.
    Don't like something? destroy it

I mean, we don't have time to learn to adapt to nature right?
    Nature is irritating. Excuse me while I go back to my air conditioned dungeon

more good years to come

cat culling is ok.. but serial cat murder is not
    Set the serial cat murder free and ask him practice his hobby at yishun st12 lah.

Hopefully like the show Clockwork Orange he'll be withdrawn by it.. Saves tax payers money on such (to me) bo liao expenses.. shheeshh.. "we need to spend money to cull cats"

Since when are stray cats the bane?

Theorectically dogs are more dangerous than cats. Their barks are louder, etc and the irony is cats are banned in HDB flats while dogs are allowed.

Animals will only attack in self defence. Not unless you provoke it to such an extent, it would not attack.

they normally hiss at you first, then give you a warning slap with their paws... if you still advance.. then i think you should be asking for it liao..

Normal animal instinct is to run instead of fight..

i still wonder how come cats dun attack me.. they happily just roll over for me to give them a good run massage..

This going to a laughing stock of countries and region around us.

The next generation of Singparean are so pampered and protected. Perphas the only way for them to get to see cat is only at SPCA or National Geographic cabel on Cable TV.

Personally I've never been attacked by cats before.
    If the cat looks aggressive I won't go near it.

Ever cats try to bite me before. I was approaching them to stroke them. Just approach them low and slow, have kind heart and pleasant expression. This usually works for me. Unless the cat has past traumatising experiences and has the 'bad impression' of humans.

I was talking to kcuf. You're kcuf? Both of you being so presumtious, I can't help but think ur the same person. I had a cat in the past, it died. I have a dog now. But I never said a cat entered my house to scratch my dog. A stray cat scratched my dog when he was sleeping beneath a bench at east coast park.

You're so wrong about stray cats man. I happen to have a stray cat enter my house too.

My point is not to agree or dispute with the responses of the parents or the neighbourhood. My point is, stop being so extreme, to the point of saying cats can't speak up? Or the owners are at fault for not closing the door?. Such extremism only creates a deeper wedge between cat lovers and non-cat lovers.
    he answer for me, u not happy issit? what makes u think he is me? u are being SO presumtious, get ur facts right.

and u actually think a cat would go up a hdb flat for nothing? a cat wont go up the flights of stairs of the hdb flat for nothing, unless someone lures it into their house.

and u think ur dog never did anything to cause the cat to attack it? u mean u are a dog & u can communicate with a dog? the dog tell u "woof woof, i am only sleeping" ?
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

no matter how aggressive, if it doesn't run away, I will be able to stroke it till it goes belly up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast