Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Street Photography

Default Re: Street Photography

Even I shooting cityscape and buildings in the streets...

Get stares from people... guards, construction foremen...

If they ask why I'm shooting their building, I just say for photography. If they say cannot, I'll say it's not criminal to shoot private non protected building outside of the private grounds. If they threaten to call police, I'll dare them call police.

think shooting street compact cameras would have an advantage.. more discreet.. esp those with LCD screens that are able to flip and rotate..

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    If they say cannot, I'll say it's not criminal to shoot private non protected building outside of the private grounds. If they threaten to call police, I'll dare them call police.
    Well i guess it's Singapore.
    I just went to Mallaca, was trying to shoot a guard house when there was a big man almost hit me with his motobike and furiously ask me some !@###$$%^ in Mandrin which i din understand. So he waved another guy. I din say anything and waited. The other guy then asked me what i wanted and i said just shooting photos, i'm a tourist. They realized i was a foreigner and left

Guess ... they thought i was a reporter taking foto of a bad condition guard house or what ....
    If they had confronted me and asked me to delete the photo, i would ... No point making any fuss as i won't know what kinda trouble i'm getting in.

For normal street photography in Spore i dun think u'll have trouble unless u r very very offensive.

If ur skin is thick enough to take foto up close then go for it but if ppl dun like it then dun try ... unless u r paparazi taking photo worth some thousands buck of some celebrity he he. If that's the case ... i wouldn't be considered street photography in the 1st place
    Last edited by Andry; 25th August 2006 at 11:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12