Thread: Any one can advise?

Default Any one can advise?

Do anyone knows what compact camera can connect to a video monitor or Monitor/TV with video input during the photo taking process?
    My objective is to mount my camera on a stand or platform and view it in the video monitor. Is this possible? What compact camera has a video output that can be connected to a monitor?
    Besides that, does anyone know is there a shutter count problems on compact camera. This camera will be going thru probably 100000+ shots during the whole process.
    Anyone...

Default Re: Any one can advise?

I duno about TV, but Canon S3 IS can shoot from a computer/laptop. Shutter count life, no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Do anyone knows what compact camera can connect to a video monitor or Monitor/TV with video input during the photo taking process?
    My objective is to mount my camera on a stand or platform and view it in the video monitor. Is this possible? What compact camera has a video output that can be connected to a monitor?
    Besides that, does anyone know is there a shutter count problems on compact camera. This camera will be going thru probably 100000+ shots during the whole process.
    Anyone...

i think it's safe to say that most non-DSLR digital cameras with a Video Out connection will allow you to do that. I know Canon's PowerShot and Ixus cameras can do this. As for shutter, it's not mechanical, so should not be a problem. However, with that many shots, you may have to do a file number reset somewhere along the process. Oh, btw, how are you planning to trigger the shutter, since you mentioned it will be on a stand/platform?
    Last edited by fireframe; 24th August 2006 at 02:04 PM.

Yah, I think if you connect to a comp and write a proggy to take care of the file number and shutter firing sequence, then all solved.

Quote Originally Posted by fireframe
    i think it's safe to say that most non-DSLR digital cameras with a Video Out connection will allow you to do that. I know Canon's PowerShot and Ixus cameras can do this. As for shutter, it's not mechanical, so should not be a problem. However, with that many shots, you may have to do a file number reset somewhere along the process. Oh, btw, how are you planning to trigger the shutter, since you mentioned it will be on a stand/platform?

Quote Originally Posted by fireframe
    Any particular compact camera that comes with a remote control (Shutter, zoom & focus-if any) & video output? Btw, the camera must be able to take micro shot about 5" from the object.
    No particular about brand, megapixel, memory(CF or SD).
    Thanks