Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This processing... how is it done.

Default Re: This processing... how is it done.

I try but could not get it done.

OK, here's another quick attempt - took about 5 mins

Default Re: draganizing

Quote Originally Posted by afiend
    One of the best examples

http://andrzejdragan.com/

Woah, haunting work..thanks for the site
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry
    OK, here's another quick attempt - took about 5 mins

Nice Can share workflow?

Okay, here are my rough tries...

if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Mmmm... getting real close. I like Gooseberry's #2 attempt, except the eyes look a tad weird.

Will definitely share what I produce, maybe later, whether I succeed or not.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    Mmmm... getting real close. I like Gooseberry's #2 attempt, except the eyes look a tad weird.

Will definitely share what I produce, maybe later, whether I succeed or not.
    After looking at the images, I think it's got to do wit the camera's sensitivity curve. The saturation, contrast and sharpening is definitely set quite high up also.

Let's see if this is what you might be looking for.

Or this... contrast and saturation increased.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 24th August 2006 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    Hehe... yeah, the eyes look weird 'cos I did a crappy job of trying to make his eyes green. What I liked about the potw photo of the girl you referred to was that all the other environment elements in the photo was coloured a similar shade of green to her eyes, so thought I'd do a quick and dirty job to try and see if I could replicate something similar. Need more time to do a proper job - my ps skills suck.

Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    Nice Can share workflow?
    Sure. basically I did this
    - sharpen the image (100, 0.7, 2)
    - created a new adjustment layer to desaturate the image a little
    - created a new selective colour adjustment layer to bring up the yellows in the whites and the neutrals
    - whitened the eyes a little with a new layer in 60% Overlay blending mode and painted with a 100% white brush over the eyes
    - created a new layer in 50% Colour blending mode and painted with 100% brush the green in the eyes and the shirt, changed the brush to 20% and brushed the rest of the background to give a slight green tint

Think can try to do some dodging/burning in there somewhere.

What is interesting about this technique is that it really brings out the texture in the skin - would work really well for old wrinkly skin I think (see how the texture in the lips above are accentuated ?)

Looking at the andrzejdragan.com, there seems to be something extra he is doing, the skin tones and textures have a certain character... might have to experiment.

- created a new selective colour adjustment layer to bring up the yellows in the whites and the neutrals
    - whitened the eyes a little with a new layer in 60% Overlay blending mode and painted with a 100% white brush over the eyes
    - created a new layer in 50% Colour blending mode and painted with 100% brush the green in the eyes and the shirt, changed the brush to 20% and brushed the rest of the background to give a slight green tint

What is interesting about this technique is that it really brings out the texture in the skin - would work really well for old wrinkly skin I think (see how the texture in the lips above are accentuated ?)

Looking at the andrzejdragan.com, there seems to be something extra he is doing, the skin tones and textures have a certain character... might have to experiment.
    Your workflow is very similar to the workflow i seen on the internet to achieve the draganize effect.

Thanks for sharing!
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Tried also cannot. But I've found out something new I can do with my photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Tried also cannot. But I've found out something new I can do with my photos.

the person in front looks eerie ....
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Your workflow is very similar to the workflow i seen on the internet to achieve the draganize effect.
    Really ? Hmmm.. might have to do some net searching to read up more on this technique.

Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Thanks for sharing!
    No probs.

After a miserable 1 hour... I still cannot do it.

I think, looking at the thread, Gooseberry is the only one who succeeded. Try as I might I couldn't reproduce the texture of the face or the lips. I tried dodging and burning on my own initially, then I followed gooseberry's method, minus the green part. I still couldn't get it. Sigh.

here's a quick try

Thanks for sharing
    Hehe... yeah, the eyes look weird 'cos I did a crappy job of trying to make his eyes green. What I liked about the potw photo of the girl you referred to was that all the other environment elements in the photo was coloured a similar shade of green to her eyes, so thought I'd do a quick and dirty job to try and see if I could replicate something similar. Need more time to do a proper job - my ps skills suck.

erm.......

dunno how to achieve

OK, been trying to read up some more on the net on doing this. Here's another attempt, got this photo from one of the forums where someone tried it (supposedly some german actor)

Original

After technique

Didn't do any burning as they suggest (not very good at using the brush myself), but the effect seems to be there. Maybe a bit too yellow.

Edit: Also, they seem to be talking about doing something with the blue channel, but not sure what it is, need to find out more, maybe later when I have time. But seems an interesting technique and gets nice results.
    Last edited by gooseberry; 24th August 2006 at 08:22 PM.

I think you've hit upon the technique. Spot on. Could you perhaps post a more detailed outline of the technique? I didn't think that it was chiefly burning/dodging(which is what I did, and believe almost everyone else) originally either because the exposure remains rather even. It seems to have only affected the textures.

hey gooseberry.. what you mentioned does work quite well, here's what i did roughly using the same image of tt German actor..

-edouard boubat

you guys make it so fun that i feel like playing as well
    newbie try, abit overdone tho

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast