Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if this happen to you?

Default What if this happen to you?

Say you are in a photo shoots outing OR selling your lens, the other person want to view your lens. While holding your lens to test, he DROP it.

What are your reaction???
    Nikon D3, AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED and Speedlight SB-800

Default Re: What if this happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm The One
    Say you are in a photo shoots outing OR selling your lens, the other person want to view your lens. While holding your lens to test, he DROP it.

suck thumb lor... wat 2 do... then pray nothing spoil... then if anything damage, hope the guy pay for the damages lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Once dropped, consider sold
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Don't you want the guy to pay So far it' didn't happen to me but want to know IF one day things happen..... touch wood.
    Last edited by I'm The One; 22nd August 2006 at 03:38 PM.
    Nikon D3, AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED and Speedlight SB-800

Make him pay for it .
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Once dropped, consider sold
    But frankly if he don't want to pay up, how

Read this in a shop: I drop I cry, you drop you buy!

depends on what lens is it...

i'll be dam dam sad.. but 1st of all i will make him pay...

Make him/her buy the lens at the repalcement cost.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Actually realistically speaking, it's quite impossible to beat the guy up in public if he refuses to pay. There isn't much you can do as well if he simply refuses to pay. I've thought about it myself a couple of times, but have never come up with an answer myself. Thankfully I've never been presented with such a situation.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

I'll also ask to view his lens. While holding his lens to test, I'll also drop it.
    Last edited by Sion; 22nd August 2006 at 05:11 PM.

Anyone's initial reaction of course would be shock when you drop someone elses a lens or camera body

Actually that happend to me......before few years back in Melbourne. The buyer viewing my Mamiya 127mm lens and drop it.....on concrete floor. The glass was not broken but body was dented.

He did said it was his carelessness to have drop it but he opted to buy it from me at my selling price ($1,100) but I gave him a discount of $100.

If it was photoshoot, it's obvious the person who drop it will either have to repaired it or buy it from me. Nothing to get frustrated. If no money to pay, get whatever that is equal to your lens or camera body value. So simple. Pick a fight would cause more problems for you and the other party. Or go back with him to his home to see what else is valuable........hehe. A LCD screen.............

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Anyone's initial reaction of course would be shock when you drop someone elses a lens or camera body

Actually that happend to me......before few years back in Melbourne. The buyer viewing my Mamiya 127mm lens and drop it.....on concrete floor. The glass was not broken but body was dented.

He did said it was his carelessness to have drop it but he opted to buy it from me at my selling price ($1,100) but I gave him a discount of $100.

If it was photoshoot, it's obvious the person who drop it will either have to repaired it or buy it from me. Nothing to get frustrated. If no money to pay, get whatever that is equal to your lens or camera body value. So simple. Pick a fight would cause more problems for you and the other party. Or go back with him to his home to see what else is valuable........hehe. A LCD screen.............
    eh drop your MF Digital back, give u 1 cheap shinro 14" LCD tv eh sai liao har?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    eh drop your MF Digital back, give u 1 cheap shinro 14" LCD tv eh sai liao har?
    Actually I will want be the share holder of your company (I will take about 20% stake) lor if you drop my DG back.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 22nd August 2006 at 05:40 PM.

In the old days, we were told that, if u know the lens gonna fall, quickly push forward your feet/shoes, hopefully the lens will fall onto your feet/shoes, that is supposedly to minimize any damages/dents/etc.

His head follows the same path as the lense..

Whether the lens is good or bad after the DROP, heart sure break liao
    I will make sure he/she have an appointment with me to AP, MS, CP...etc!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    In the old days, we were told that, if u know the lens gonna fall, quickly push forward your feet/shoes, hopefully the lens will fall onto your feet/shoes, that is supposedly to minimize any damages/dents/etc.
    either ways, if it's a 70-200 f2.8, it's going to be quite painful. the feet and/or the wallet.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    what is you are standing near singapore river or near any longkang???

secully your that feet...become a kick
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast