Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What specs frame are u wearing?

Default Re: What specs frame are u wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by zha
    What the damage going to be like over here?
    depend. got $100+ (i think) to over $900 . frame only hor

go in and see see look look lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Just to gather some info for my think 4th pair of specs, stopped wearing them since sec sch...

Anyway, just wondering, other than Oakleys, are there any other brands that look nice? cos might be wearing them permanently already...
    Hugo Boss (Frameless)

Using a DKNY frame

using Oakley frames.

Quote Originally Posted by ipin
    using Oakley frames.
    find oakley frames like very common now.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Nikon frame, Canon cam :P
    I want fluorite elements
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

im wearing nikon titanium, thin n super light. has been wearing daily for many years liao

looking to change too, the tag heuer is damn comfortable & nice, but 700+, including my 225 degs lens....rather expensive lei

sourcing for a specific model of D&G frame, but cannot find it...its much cheaper, around 200+, excludes lens.

for specs, must try out and see if u like it.

i wearin a 'rudy project'

is there a frame for the canon L len or CZ len
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Just to gather some info for my think 4th pair of specs, stopped wearing them since sec sch...

Anyway, just wondering, other than Oakleys, are there any other brands that look nice? cos might be wearing them permanently already...
    Mine's a Versace half-rim.

I'm looking for a spec frame with the half-rim not on the top (as we usually see ppl wearing those), but on the BOTTOM half-rim instead.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

notice alot of richies here...

think i go stick with Oakleys good enuff...
    Wah lan eh, Oakleys frames oso not cheap man...

Quote Originally Posted by eclenikon
    Im using swatch. Actually, after wearing so many specs..its not abt the brand. Its about the frame design itself.

I like D&G frames best though.

use to have one D&G.. like it very much.. looks simple yet cool and chic..

TAG Heuer. Dunno what I'm wearing, but it's made of titanium. Burn a big hole in my pocket, but feels very nice to wear. Super lightweight, simple design.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

i just viewed the TAG Heuer ones, frames itself cost $540 to $600, i like the look but my favs are Prada, Armani and D&G but i must say D&G frames are not as durable as the armani ones. my broke after 1 1/2 years of daily usage.

i'm using ray-ban classic black plastic rims. now is the non-busy time, cannot afford to buy anything... sign.

For me, Iíve been wearing glasses for more than 20 yrs, and have gone through don't know how many pairs of glasses, and I chose my frames based on the following criteria:

Fit -It has to sit comfortably on the face, not too tight at the temple, and does not slip off your face. Looking good on you is also a good idea.

Quality of the frame, you want it to last a while, brand name does not equate to quality, but the cheapo ones won't be too good either, so chose one that looks to be well built, currently the Titanium frames are the lightest.

So for me Brand is not an issue, yes, I have use D&G and they were OK, Levi, Kenzo, Mikli, and lots of brands I can't remember. I chose based on fit, quality and what I am willing to pay. Personally can't use Hugo Boss or Oakley frames as I have a large face, and their frames are generally too small.

All this talk about the look of the frames, and not one mention of the most important part, the lens.

Don't know about some of the places mentioned above, but I have tried many different opticians over the years, and I have finally settled on Paris Miki. This is because their people actually spend quite a bit of time measuring where you pupil is, so that the lenses are centered properly. If any of you have put on a new pair of glasses, and found that the floor does not look even or get a kind of sea-sickness feel, and it takes a few days to get used to it, it means the lenses were not centered properly based on your frames and your eyes, and the opticians at that place are either incompetent or boh-chap, or both.

Good luck, and as this is a photo forum, don't forget to post a shot of your new glasses.

I'm now wearing an Oakley frame with Transition lenses
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    I'm now wearing an Oakley frame with Transition lenses
    how much u make ar? the transitions from oakley or the normal transitions?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Transitions on high index lens I think costs like $400.

Transitions is actually a form of light/UV sensitive coating (in this case, 'Transitions' is the brand name of that coating technology) that the opticians uses this coating on either:
    Polycarbonate lens
    Trivex lens
    High index lens

I'm not sure if there are transitions on regular polycarbonate lenses but to my knowledge, the coating doesn't really 'stick' well so most opticians won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ldft
    For me, Iíve been wearing glasses for more than 20 yrs, and have gone through don't know how many pairs of glasses, and I chose my frames based on the following criteria:

Fit -It has to sit comfortably on the face, not too tight at the temple, and does not slip off your face. Looking good on you is also a good idea.

Quality of the frame, you want it to last a while, brand name does not equate to quality, but the cheapo ones won't be too good either, so chose one that looks to be well built, currently the Titanium frames are the lightest.

So for me Brand is not an issue, yes, I have use D&G and they were OK, Levi, Kenzo, Mikli, and lots of brands I can't remember. I chose based on fit, quality and what I am willing to pay. Personally can't use Hugo Boss or Oakley frames as I have a large face, and their frames are generally too small.

All this talk about the look of the frames, and not one mention of the most important part, the lens.

Don't know about some of the places mentioned above, but I have tried many different opticians over the years, and I have finally settled on Paris Miki. This is because their people actually spend quite a bit of time measuring where you pupil is, so that the lenses are centered properly. If any of you have put on a new pair of glasses, and found that the floor does not look even or get a kind of sea-sickness feel, and it takes a few days to get used to it, it means the lenses were not centered properly based on your frames and your eyes, and the opticians at that place are either incompetent or boh-chap, or both.

Good luck, and as this is a photo forum, don't forget to post a shot of your new glasses.
    Paris Miki.... I went to the one at Taka to have a look and their array of frames is

But how abt their service? I'm thinking of getting my next pair made there though....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Paris Miki.... I went to the one at Taka to have a look and their array of frames is

But how abt their service? I'm thinking of getting my next pair made there though....
    u got wear specs meh?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Have. Wearing since Primary 5 liaoz. U dun see me wearing only.

I'm only effectively looking at the world with 1 eye. Go and guess my situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast