Thread: 5pm.

Default 5pm.

Default Re: 5pm.

Nice pic, has the feeling of traffic jam at 5pm. But I like it with more contrast if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisp

i like the layers of space in the picture, there's some hint of a 'working male' motif which don't quite speak to me.

I like how all the faces are somehow hidden. Give it the sense of economy and of this busy and mysterious world that we live in. Nice!

Ha! It's true, all faces hidden....no need to Mozziac....

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlue
    I like how all the faces are somehow hidden. Give it the sense of economy and of this busy and mysterious world that we live in. Nice!

Thanks alot for the discussion.

Now for some technical bits:

Well, this photograph is shot on film (Tri X) and processed carefully in Rodinal (Semi stand/ slow agitation) to give a good seperation on tones. This also results in edge effects (increased sharpness) along the edges.

As for printing, it was split grade between 0 and 5 with a cold light diffuser, and selenium toned to give more depth in the shadows.

Shot info bits:

Taken around the corner of a city street while I was in a bus. Using DOF, I extended the range of focus and over expose by 2 stops to get some decent exposure on the driver. Frankly I was quite surprised to get more than just traceable shadow details.

Anyway, lens is 50mm prime fixed on a rangefinder, stopped down to a certain extent to reduce flare effects.