Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hdr

Default Re: Hdr

But I think if the DR is really high, then in a single shot your camera cannot capture the full range.....then cannot use this method. If you camera can capture all in one frame, then the actual DR for that scene is not high, thus won't make a good HDR pic.....that's what I think...

Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    yeah, can actually use the the same RAW file, increase and decrease the exposure and convert them into different files to be generated for the HDR.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    But I think if the DR is really high, then in a single shot your camera cannot capture the full range.....then cannot use this method. If you camera can capture all in one frame, then the actual DR for that scene is not high, thus won't make a good HDR pic.....that's what I think...
    Use a few raw images for that ?
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian
    You can actually use 1 or 2 RAW files and use them for generating the HDR depending on your camera's RAW quality.
    Actually I am not quite sure the intended output of a HDR image... are we suppose to get these kind of effect ?? or it should just look like any other pic with wide range of detail coverage ?? anyhow will try playing around with the white/black clips....

I tried using one pic, PS it with diff exposure setting & generate a HDR image, result turned out to be a catastrophe...

care to share more of your experience ?

Model siong....cannot move.

A few RAW shots with diff exposure to capture a really HDR scence will be best loh...if one single frame can capture all details, then what I will do is to dodge and burn rather than copy and edit with diff exposure and merge as HDR....that again is my opinion...

Use a few raw images for that ?

A few RAW shots with diff exposure to capture a really HDR scence will be best loh...if one single frame can capture all details, then what I will do is to dodge and burn rather than copy and edit with diff exposure and merge as HDR....that again is my opinion...
    I think usually 2 raw files should be enough .

Why not the recommended 3?

Quote Originally Posted by panzerpunk
    Why not the recommended 3?
    Usually the recommended 3 are jpegs. Raw can change exposure during using software .

Usually the recommended 3 are jpegs. Raw can change exposure during using software .
    can JPG image generate the kind of result (I mean changing exposure with PS) compared to a RAW image ??

I've tried using a single JPG file to create another 2 images with diff exposure using PS, follow by HDR it, result turned out to be very bad ??? have u tried B4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming
    can JPG image generate the kind of result (I mean changing exposure with PS) compared to a RAW image ??

I've tried using a single JPG file to create another 2 images with diff exposure using PS, follow by HDR it, result turned out to be very bad ??? have u tried B4 ?
    No, it doesn't work this way. Unless you bracket straight from the cam to generate JPGs of different exposure. Otherwise, a single JPG doesn't contain enough information for you to render into different images of different exposure.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming

There's alot of difference between using the RAW file and the jpeg file.

May be...in photoshop (duno about the others), you can load in a few pics and un/tick diff pics with diff exposure to see what is the effect. Very convenient.

Last edited by lastboltnut; 24th August 2006 at 09:38 AM.

Yah, I have explained liao...even for RAW, if the info is not there, like already outside the DR of the camera sensor (like become white as in overexposed or black as in underexposed), then no matter how you adj the exposure, the detail wont come out. The reason is, the data is simply not there.....

No, it doesn't work this way. Unless you bracket straight from the cam to generate JPGs of different exposure. Otherwise, a single JPG doesn't contain enough information for you to render into different images of different exposure.

Yah, I have explained liao...even for RAW, if the info is not there, like already outside the DR of the camera sensor (like become white as in overexposed or black as in underexposed), then no matter how you adj the exposure, the detail wont come out. The reason is, the data is simply not there.....
    yeah, thanks for the reminder
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

so the only way to get reasonably good HDR image is straight from bracketed pic out of the cam... tks

There's alot of difference between using the RAW file and the jpeg file.
    thk u

I am also learning and my HDR sucks....I can only share the theory.....but still practising with my S3 IS...

yeah, thanks for the reminder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123