Thread: Devotee

Default Devotee

Took this today and thought I share it. Any C&C for improvement is appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Devotee

i would suggest a tight crop

may i know why you include half of the giant mask?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    may i know why you include half of the giant mask?
    Hi Dennis,

Logically or rather technically I should have cropped out the worshipping statue and made it a tighter crop as Eikin suggested but somehow I felt the need to include it, to sort of complete the picture as to what the devotee is praying to. Without it I felt is was just a picture of a guy with hooks hanging on his back. Didn't quite work huh ?

Regards,
    Chew

in that case i feel you should have include the whole mask instead. maybe stand to your right more to reduce the gap between the mask and the devotee. maybe use bigger aperture to blurr out the mask.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    in that case i feel you should have include the whole mask instead. maybe stand to your right more to reduce the gap between the mask and the devotee. maybe use bigger aperture to blurr out the mask.
    Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rgds,
    Chew

Quote Originally Posted by speck
    Hi Dennis,

Logically or rather technically I should have cropped out the worshipping statue and made it a tighter crop as Eikin suggested but somehow I felt the need to include it, to sort of complete the picture as to what the devotee is praying to. Without it I felt is was just a picture of a guy with hooks hanging on his back. Didn't quite work huh ?

Regards,
    Chew
    depends on how you look at it.

you have a good title. 'devotee' itself tells the viewer that this is a person with a certain religious faith. by going close to focus on the sacrificial act of pain, it'll keep the focus on the level of faith this devotee has for his religion. the environment you've included is somewhat not here not there imo right now.

apologies to TS, i took the liberty to demonstrate a tight crop, will remove image upon request

by removing unnecessary spaces within the frame, i believe you can keep viewer's attention more focussed on what you want to illustrate.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    apologies to TS, i took the liberty to demonstrate a tight crop, will remove image upon request

by removing unnecessary spaces within the frame, i believe you can keep viewer's attention more focussed on what you want to illustrate.

Eikin,

Thanks for taking the time to illustrate the point.
    Appreciate it.

Rgds,
    Chew