Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: C41 black & white.

  1. #1

    Question C41 black & white.

    I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
    do not understand what is C41 black and white film???
    Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
    They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really !!!!!

    I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

    Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    hmmm.... that's weird the neighbour hood shops that i have seems to know.....

    develope 1 time only.. abt 50c

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    ColorLab Photo Finishing - Adelphi
    FotoHub - OUB Centre, Raffles Place.

    Regards
    CK

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    South
    Posts
    490

    Default

    develop ur self at home la, very ez, just need developer , Fixer, ice, themormeter & developer tanks. very costless....

    I always develop myself for c41 b&w

  5. #5

    Default

    jesser, maybe u can try photo finish at Northpoint. Not bad results the last time i sent 2 rolls of t400cn to them. No colour casts like when you dev at some labs that don't really pay attention to yr c41 b&w film.

  6. #6

    Default

    is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
    b&w film?

    read in another thread that chrome film
    can be developed at any lab

    what are the chrome films that are available
    here?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Juvelyn
    is it better/ cheaper to use chrome film instead of
    b&w film?

    read in another thread that chrome film
    can be developed at any lab

    what are the chrome films that are available
    here?
    Then you read wrong.

    1. Chrome film = slide. Not all labs does slides

    2. Chrome film is not better than B&W; B&W is not better than chrome; traditional B&W is not better than C41 B&W; C41 B&W is not better than traditional B&W. It all depends on what you want.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8

    Default

    isn't C-41 B&W film the kind of film that can be developed using normal colour negative chemicals (Process C-41)

    btw, longman, u developed C-41 B&W films with Process C-41 in the darkroom? what films? eg. Kodak T-Max 100? or am i mistaken?

  9. #9

    Default Re: C41 black & white.

    Originally posted by jesser
    I wonder why those photo labs around our neighbourhood
    do not understand what is C41 black and white film???
    Even the fujifilm e-pic lab over at Suntec city also dunno what is this.
    They even wanted to charge me at $1.00/- per photo.......really !!!!!

    I used to develope it over at Queensway shopping center but now shifted to the north side............very far away.

    Anyone knows any lab that prints C41 black and white film over in the north area? Or in city area?

    Thanks
    I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Re: C41 black & white.

    Originally posted by mervlam


    I noticed that u stay in Serangoon. Which shops u tried? How about the Kodak Express at S'goon Central Dr.?
    Hi, i still have not try any shop over at S'goon Central.
    All those labs here in s'goon north are lousy.......
    kodak, konica and fujifilm.......they just dun really bother. Printout
    are dirty.....can see white spots and hair lines on the photos.
    Worst still no one knows about c41 b&w.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Where mutant dugongs vormit
    Posts
    270

    Default

    But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

    Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by lyrrad
    But c-41 is the colour process isn't it? So if u buy a roll of B&W c41 film it can be developed by normal labs which process c41 colour films.

    Non c-41, just black and white films are more costly to develop, and not eveyone does it. Tt's why film makers created c-41 black and white.
    This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
    "WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!"

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by jesser


    This is always the problem that I always have to explain to them.........but they will normally answer
    "WE DUN DO B & W PHOTO!"
    I suggest you just go to colorlab at adelphi for all your chromogenic B&W film processing and development. You don't even need to explain anything to them.... problem solved.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •