Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for a camera bag

Default Re: Recommendations for a camera bag

Last edited by freebsd; 22nd August 2006 at 04:56 PM.

the 'Domke F-3X Super Compact' is good for compact and lighter travel

Review with pictures
    http://www.rebaseonu.net/go/story/id...act_bag_review
    Last edited by freebsd; 22nd August 2006 at 04:57 PM.

Domke's really ex wor...

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    Domke's really ex wor...
    True but the saying "you get what you pay for" applies here... Domkes are tough and durable bags, especially the ballistic nylon models. The stand up to rough use and are one of the more indiscreet looking camera bags.

Just wondering if the free Domke lookalike Nikon bag that comes with the D50 is anything like it's real domke counterpart at all. Cause I didn't like the flimsy feel of the bag after having toted it thru hongkong for a week 1 year ago. Still enjoying the protection my lowepro is giving me but I do agree with the Domke website about the hefty size of it even though it's only a nova 3 aw. So far, the Tamrac Velocity 9 and backpacks seem the most enticing of the lot. Do domke's really offer that much protection? Maybe from the elements but the shocks and jabs that come with toting around?? :

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    Just wondering if the free Domke lookalike Nikon bag that comes with the D50 is anything like it's real domke counterpart at all. Cause I didn't like the flimsy feel of the bag after having toted it thru hongkong for a week 1 year ago. Still enjoying the protection my lowepro is giving me but I do agree with the Domke website about the hefty size of it even though it's only a nova 3 aw. So far, the Tamrac Velocity 9 and backpacks seem the most enticing of the lot. Do domke's really offer that much protection? Maybe from the elements but the shocks and jabs that come with toting around?? :
    TCW sells domke copy safrotto bags. they are very durable too. have been using one and like domke, the more you use it, the more comfortable it becomes. only half the price.

if you look into domke, you wil notice that they use mimimum protection. usually just a thin piece of high density foam. as compare to lowepro's heavy padding. plus pt is bag has more space, less wt. if you are one who always swing your bag and knock against things, get lowepro. if you just wan a bag that can put more gear, yet there is some protection, a domke is good
    Last edited by surge; 23rd August 2006 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    What's your preference? Shoulder bag? Backpack? Waist bag?

If backpack, I'd recommend the Lowe Pro Minitrekker AW. Affordable, spacious and can also store a small laptop. Some pics here and over here.

I don't quite like the Lowe Pro shoulder bags since they do not provide ample support when slung on shoulder. Much prefer Domke for shoulder bags. The metal hinges on the Domke don't allow the bag to sway if it's loaded heavily. The J-3 or J-2 would be good choices for your setup. They are a little pricey though.
    Hi Terence,

Any idea on much it costs for this Lowe Pro Minitrekker AW and where to get it. Thanks.

Long time never visit CLUBSNAP. Really missed this site

Quote Originally Posted by mcferrari
    Hi Terence,

Any idea on much it costs for this Lowe Pro Minitrekker AW and where to get it. Thanks.

Long time never visit CLUBSNAP. Really missed this site
    S$124 for CP peninsula

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12