Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am i normal?

Default Re: Am i normal?

nothing inferior about .. but i mind to shoot topless guys with abs

but somehow I feel that guys with really nice body, had bigger heads that their body
    I see alot in the gym .. trying really hard to break the mirror
    Last edited by simon80; 21st August 2006 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    I'm a firm believer that if you want to shoot a nude subject there should be a strong reason behind it, rather than just because you feel more "shiok" shooting a nude female subject. One of the main reasons for using a nude subject is to explore the human form. In general, if you consider the form of both sexes, the female form is more exquisite because of the curves associated with the female form. Furthermore, the female form does not have any annoying flaps of flesh hanging between their legs which i feel tends to spoil images. Hence , if I were to shoot men, I would prefer to shoot just the upper body and perhaps the bum. I rarely find images(if ever, I can't remember any instance) that include the penis artistic. This is the main reason why so many people(even women) prefer to shoot the female form.

The female form is also generally associated with beauty due to it's svelte nature, whereas the male form is more often associated with muscularity, power and aggressiveness. It thus very much depends on what you want to achieve with your image, but generally, most people would want to go for a svelte subject rather than a buff one. It's a creative decision really.

And about the hundreds of nude male images on the computer thing, would it be any different if you had hundreds of nude female images on your computer ? You'd probably look like a perv.
    I agree with Stoned's point on the male nude. I went to Ricebowl that day and saw some books on male nudes. My friend and I find it very distasteful if the penis is shown. It is like out of place and spoil the artistic sense so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    I agree with Stoned's point on the male nude. I went to Ricebowl that day and saw some books on male nudes. My friend and I find it very distasteful if the penis is shown. It is like out of place and spoil the artistic sense so to speak.
    Haha ..... it's odd that ppl (male, how about the female?) find it distasteful when the male organ appear in an image ..... but find it fascinating and captivating when the female organ appears!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    I think we need to ask the ladies on this. We are only looking from the men's POV. Your friend is a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Haha ..... it's odd that ppl (male, how about the female?) find it distasteful when the male organ appear in an image ..... but find it fascinating and captivating when the female organ appears!
    It depends on how the photographer capture the essence of a nude lady. If it is not done tastefully, it can look as bad as a male's organ hanging out in the air.

Again, we are looking from a male's POV. We should wait for some feedback from the ladies POV to see what they have to say (if they are not shy to share with us).

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    organ hanging out in the air.
    like salted fish? .....
    always the Light, .... always.

I felt very strange when I read ED.CJ's thread ..... to me, at least, i thought, it is quite "normal" for guys to like babes and dislike shooting males ... and it never occur to me that I really DO NOT like to see or shoot half-naked guys ... so i thought maybe i am abnormal coz maybe ANY guy will be interested to shoot naked guys as well as babes.... Because I believe that even for those guys who do not mind shooting naked guys, they do not neccessary have any gay tendency. As such i am wondering WHY other guys who do not like to shoot naked guys .... what are their reasons? Because of lack of opportunity? Because like someone said, it wouldn't look nice on him if his pc have hundred of naked guys images..... or what other reasons?
    Well, I dun really see what's exactly 'normal' in a guy who likes only girls and dislike shooting males. Though I dun go for model shoots very often due to my schedule, clothed/naked guys or girls are both asthetically appealing to me.

If they are willing to strip (both male & female) and I have a strong theme in mind which I'd wanna shoot, I'll go ahead with it.

This doesn't mean that my eagerness to photograph both male & female subjects implies in anyway that I have homosexual tendencies (the word 'gay' means 'happy' BTW).

Some male colleagues had poked at me and wanted me to photograph them (and other females) in the buff. They actually 'dared' me and I happily took up the challenge. And guess whose balls shrank and quickly laughed it off as a 'joke' when I did not take that as a joke at all.

I take portrait shoots seriously regardless of the gender involved. I dun really like to concentrate 'exclusively' on females and find an excuse (like my sexual orientation) to squirm out of male portrait shoots. I am a normal man, likes to see girls as well. However where photography is involved, I ain't using this excuse to get in the way of delivering my photos.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

like salted fish? .....
    yes...........now you are talking.....!

see you are normal......

Actually I don't find it tasteful either. It doesn't contribute to form. If it doesn't add, take it out.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Blog Entries

maybe you are a gay in denial

Different culture different what.

In India, men hold each other hands to symbolise brotherhood. They hug and hold hands when walking through crowds.

Just take a scroll down Little Indian, to them, it's ok!

I don't mind taking pictures of male models.
    Nude is ok as long as it is not erected. You know what I mean. Depending on context too.

Have you seen a male statue with an erected private part?

Stop doing Gender here. Everyone has got their own preference. Shoot guys also can but be reminded, a good body for the alpha male needs to be train. Unless the breast of the females, those are innate.

To get good abs and a tone body, the male model must put in conscientious effort to keep it in shape and "perfect" (now tone and lean bodies are "in", not big hulky frames).

How hard to find guys like that. Need height, need body, need openess, need tan, need complexion.

Harder than females. Why? Female learn the art of beauty since young e.g; sec sch. They use skincare, make-up and ...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    maybe you are a gay in denial
    If I was I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. I don't think that there's anything wrong with whatever sexual preference people have. I discovered through this thread and the other thread about the astrid park guy that CS contains many homophobes. Homophobia is as bad as Racism don't you think? Majority groups picking on the minority.

I'm surprised that being a creative industry, pros in the photography industry still harbour such a mentality. Many gay men are responsible for designing the lovely outfits you like to put on your models.

Art isn't so much about the subject is it? It's what the artist makes of the subject.

Ortega, I thought you of all people would know better You produce good work, but your unaccepting nature is quite harsh.

Blog Entries

If I was I wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. I don't think that there's anything wrong with whatever sexual preference people have. I discovered through this thread and the other thread about the astrid park guy that CS contains many homophobes. Homophobia is as bad as Racism don't you think? Majority groups picking on the minority.

I'm surprised that being a creative industry, pros in the photography industry still harbour such a mentality. Many gay men are responsible for designing the lovely outfits you like to put on your models.

Art isn't so much about the subject is it? It's what the artist makes of the subject.

Ortega, I thought you of all people would know better You produce good work, but your unaccepting nature is quite harsh.
    What makes you think the below?
    but your unaccepting nature is quite harsh
    I am suggesting to the TS that he might actually be a gay in denial

I do not think that there is anything wrong with being gay
    in fact i have many gay friends, the creative industry is full of gays and lesies.
    most of the stylists are gays. MUA as well.

I have shot half naked men
    Last edited by ortega; 21st August 2006 at 06:31 PM.

Seems like the phobes highjacked the thread, and as a result, Ed.CJ got off the hook for his abrasive and imature attitude and comments.

Attacking Ed.CJ is fine with me. I slammed him and will do so again and again. But we should attack him, the person, for being a low life as he is, and not passing innuendos about his sexual preferences. We failed when we did that, we lost our "moral" highgrounds also.

Back from OTing. Personally, I do not shoot male, period. Others do. I have no problem with them, shooting and displaying pictures of males, nude or not. My preference is shooting females. It has nothing to do with my sexual preferences, it has to do with what I like to shoot. If someone likes to shoot wild life, are we going so low to accuse said person of beastiality?

Guys, open your minds. At the very least, your photography will improve!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

First, let me assure Ed.CJ (Edward Ng C J from Queen Astrid Park - where the rich and famous people live?) that there is no way I feel inferior to male models or any other male from any professions.
    However, from his thread I have come to realise that I DO NOT LIKE to be in any "intimate" situation with any male - am I normal?
    No way I will hold a guy's hand or any body parts nor let any guy (with exception, like my GP, Malay barber, etc) touches me. Will never look into a guy's eyes or even his body, will definately never want look thru a cam viewer and zoom into a guy .....
    I have no problem with any other subjects (esp with babes with beautiful eyes or body).

Am I normal? (Mr Ed.CJ makes me feel like I have a problem).....
    Guys, please give me your view ....
    hmmm ... if you're interested you might want to read about Sigmund Freud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudianism ortega might be right!

What makes you think the below?

I am suggesting to the TS that he might actually be a gay in denial

I do not think that there is anything wrong with being gay
    in fact i have many gay friends, the creative industry is full of gays and lesies.
    most of the stylists are gays. MUA as well.

I have shot half naked men
    Ah I see! Your post came right after mine so I thought you meant it as response to my post, because I didn't find a woman's sexual organ tasteful. My apologies then, but you have to grant me the concession your post was rather vaguely directed.

Blog Entries

Ah I see! Your post came right after mine so I thought you meant it as response to my post, because I didn't find a woman's sexual organ tasteful. My apologies then, but you have to grant me the concession your post was rather vaguely directed.
    ok no harm done, not a problem,

both men and women's sexual organ look comical

ok no harm done, not a problem,

both men and women's sexual organ look comical
    at least it does sparks alot of idea for new inventions... hahaha...

everytime i see a plastic injection machine, keeps reminding me of orgasm... hahaha... esp white resins...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    at least it does sparks alot of idea for new inventions... hahaha...

everytime i see a plastic injection machine, keeps reminding me of orgasm... hahaha... esp white resins...

and the best part... i am making condoms for them...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast