Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Acer trade-in for LCD monitors good?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Acer trade-in for LCD monitors good?

    Saw the Ad in Today.... 15" for $459 and 17" for $729 after trade-in....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    No, the Benq/Acer monitors I've seen are rather crappy. That's why so cheap. The better LCD monitors are from Eizo, Samsung, etc.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Under the sea...
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Hmm... heh!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Lindy
    Hmm... heh!
    Besides, the brand name is so... so... BENG(Q) !!

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Thanks for the advice
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    but 0-dead pixel gtee right? nearly bought one at 999
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    I just got a Philips, not bad. Does Acer have 3 yr warranty? Some gd brands to buy is Viewsonic, Eizo, then there is more affordable brands like Samsung, Philips, Sony, Sharp etc. The lower end ones are like AOC...not so branded lar!

  8. #8
    KingKongChar
    Guests

    Default

    Hiya,

    Basically, all LCD are the same unlike CRT monitors. It is only the brand name nia lah.

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    No, the Benq/Acer monitors I've seen are rather crappy. That's why so cheap. The better LCD monitors are from Eizo, Samsung, etc.

    Regards
    CK
    Hi, why are they crappy? Is it inaccurate colours or break down easily?

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    No, the Benq/Acer monitors I've seen are rather crappy. That's why so cheap. The better LCD monitors are from Eizo, Samsung, etc.

    Regards
    CK
    Actually, I've a Benq LCD at home. Its really quite ok for the price. Of coz, its not comparable to Eizo or Samsung. But its definitely on par with most LCD.

    The reason why Acer brand is not use is becoz people tend to associate Acer with low quality, tht's why they change to Benq.

    Benq projectors are not bad too, for the price...heh.

    Conclusion, can be considered value-for-money product.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    actually, wondering why the ad said Acer.... thought everything is "Benq" since good a while ago. might have been old stocks from the time when the company is still called Acer?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by shawntim


    Hi, why are they crappy? Is it inaccurate colours or break down easily?
    The colours are not very nice, at least for the ones I've seen in exhibitions (dunno which model, some 15" ones). Most of the cheap LCDs are rather mediocre too.

    Originally posted by kingkongchar

    Basically, all LCD are the same unlike CRT monitors. It is only the brand name nia lah.
    No, you do get what you pay for. The Samsungs and Eizos are the better ones I've seen. The absolute best I've seen is still the Apple CinemaDisplay 22" (there's 23" now...)

    Originally posted by shadus

    Actually, I've a Benq LCD at home. Its really quite ok for the price. Of coz, its not comparable to Eizo or Samsung. But its definitely on par with most LCD.

    The reason why Acer brand is not use is becoz people tend to associate Acer with low quality, tht's why they change to Benq.

    Benq projectors are not bad too, for the price...heh.
    They might have improved, I dunno. But I was not impressed even at the relatively low prices. Well, if it's of any consolation, at least better than those Prolink and nobrand ones.

    Actually, I regard "Benq" with even lower quality than Acer. Especially in SG context where it sounds "Beng". Acer has been around for so long, after being renamed from "MultiTech".

    Benq Projectors, no comments. Haven't really seen them.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •