Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun with HDR.

Default Fun with HDR.

Playing with HDR software.. combination of 2 same pictures together with the result of this shown below. Alittle of ps-ing contrast and stuffs.

Looks quite grainy IMO. Sharpness is there.. and what else? Btw, all are taken with Kit lens.

C&C Welcomed.

Default Re: Fun with HDR.

i tried taking some HDRs of the faraway HDB blocks but apparently they were too dimly lit to have an effect and the HDR turned out to be the Av shot with longer exposure

I guess you need a more background which is much darker or brighter than your subjects for HDR, like citylandscape

Question is, do you have the appropriate output equipment (screen/printer) for HDR in the first place?

this looks like a picture with HDR effect applied for the sake of using HDR effect.

I am also trying to learn HDR. but I think you really need a HDR scenario before you need to shot HDR. If the scene's DR is low, using HDR technique will only results in normal long exposure effect....just my understanding...

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    this looks like a picture with HDR effect applied for the sake of using HDR effect.
    give the guy a break
    he already titled it "fun with hdr"
    web | blog | fb | ig

Hi there,

It was a good try however you'll need to experiment more to get the full effect of HDR. Try shooting in day time to see its effect. For night shots a bit tough because after the tonemapping, it looks like a long exposed shot. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by EiRiK
    give the guy a break
    +1
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by EiRiK
    give the guy a break
    what do you mean? you think that's a harsh comment?

But hazmee can do it at east coast at nite!! Got to learn from him lah.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Hi there,

It was a good try however you'll need to experiment more to get the full effect of HDR. Try shooting in day time to see its effect. For night shots a bit tough because after the tonemapping, it looks like a long exposed shot. Cheers!

Yah loh, I was just sharing my experience.....may be not a good enough experience.

Am experimenting HDR by putting different layers of exposures in Photoshop and varying the opacity. You may give it a try for the experience

If you camera can capture all in one frame, then the actual DR for that scene is not high, thus won't make a good HDR pic even if you fake multi exposures from one data set.....that's what I think...

Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    Am experimenting HDR by putting different layers of exposures in Photoshop and varying the opacity. You may give it a try for the experience

This is not Singapore idol, so harsh comment is not necessary here. If you think you have something to say that can make someone here improve in this field, I would suggest that you phrase it nicely. However, if you think this is something you can't do, then keep your comments to yourself. No one here deserves to be verbally abused.

Quote Originally Posted by zhuanjia
    This is not Singapore idol, so harsh comment is not necessary here. If you think you have something to say that can make someone here improve in this field, I would suggest that you phrase it nicely. However, if you think this is something you can't do, then keep your comments to yourself. No one here deserves to be verbally abused.
    for goodness sake, if you guys think that's a harsh comment, i think this critique corner is a failure. enough said.

add: btw, i've been doing what you guys call 'HDR' for more than 2 years. the technique is not new, it's just sensationalised recently with softwares that perform the job more conveniently than ever.
    Last edited by eikin; 23rd August 2006 at 05:26 PM.

could you post the pics b4 the hdr for comparison pls?

Anyhow

That's just being blunt, but it's not harsh commentry. If this comments can't be even be accepted, go be a politician. They love to weave words around to make things look nice, but it still means the same thing anyway.

Btw what is HDR?

No worries guys, no need so heated up. I'm always ready to accept comments. Got comments better than no comments, at least i know what's wrong and pick up the mistakes and improve next time.

Anyway, none of my posts stated that i'm unhappy about comments given by you guys.

Cheers!

for goodness sake, if you guys think that's a harsh comment, i think this critique corner is a failure. enough said.

add: btw, i've been doing what you guys call 'HDR' for more than 2 years. the technique is not new, it's just sensationalised recently with softwares that perform the job more conveniently than ever.
    For God sake, what do you mean you've been doing WHAT WE GUYS CALL 'HDR' for more than 2 years? You mean you are better than anyone of us here in photography? Your purpose of commenting is not to give constructive critiques, but to show off and prove you are better than everyone. Is it really so hard to point out others' mistakes without hurting them or being blunt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast