Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spin-Off: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Default Re: Spin-Off: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Hmm.... Another one of those topics?

Well, we see ppl going for model shoots with sweet young things doing poses the photographer requests.

However, ultimately I feel that the Photographer's thoughts are the most important. The pose can be extremely provocative one. Think of the model all wet, in a white shirt, white bikini, leaning against a fence, amidst the setting sun, looking downwards, extremely vulnerable. Yes, sounds provocative ain't it? But what was in the photographer's mind when he tells the model to pose as such? To pose for the sake of posing, to fulfill his personal desire of an erotic looking scene to satisfy himself (and others) OR to convey a message thru the model and her pose?

Ultimately, Photography conveys a message of the scene, of the person. Like what a Master told me, "What is it you want to show?"
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So which one of the guys in CS wants to pose as bride? I'm sure we have too many grooms here.

I was under the impression that there are some female photographers here.

Weren't there some TFCDs of them earlier in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    i did try once...some singer songwriter. i found it very difficult to shoot him. pics din turn out well

I know what you mean. I also prefer ladies, kids, pets, old people, flowers, etc. Guys are not that easy to shoot.

What I find interesting, though, are the self-portraits of male photographers. Some of them are pretty good.
    Last edited by RenegaeDing; 19th August 2006 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegaeDing
    I was under the impression that there are some female photographers here.

Weren't there some TFCDs of them earlier in the year?
    You mean Hongsien?

worrrh you want me to pay to shoot kids?
    and families?
    hell I thought I should get paid to do such things
    only hot girls get away with being paid to get shot O.K>!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock
    worrrh you want me to pay to shoot kids?
    and families?
    hell I thought I should get paid to do such things
    only hot girls get away with being paid to get shot O.K>!

somewhat agreed ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

What I find interesting, though, are the self-portraits of male photographers. Some of them are pretty good.
    Many of them will make more money as international male models than shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    To be prefectly honest, I like shooting females simply because I like looking at females.

We shoot what we like. Period.
    What more can I say!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Ed.CJ got a flaming after posting this request for opnion:

What followed was 12 pages of mostly-not-polite comments. I feel somewhat sorry for Ed.CJ who was making an effort to be polite. However, to be fair, this particular comment is impolite (and quite ungentlemanly) and was probably what sparked the flaming:

Actually, CS photogs have a wide range of interests: insects, flowers, LRTs, old people, kids, night scenery, weddings, etc. The above comment makes it sound like CS photogs are only interested in half-naked women.

However, Ed.CJ wasn't really talking about CS photography in general, but specifically about paid model shoots: why we use mostly female models, instead of male models. I think that's a very valid and interesting point of view (if only he had omitted that rude little paragraph that got so many guys upset). I was thinking recently that it would be nice to get to shoot some cute little kids or pets or even fake wedding portfolios. Maybe organisers can consider setting up such shoots. Who knows what the level of interest for such things is like? Maybe they will be just as popular or even more popular than female model shoots.
    Did you not read many of the comments? No one questioned the kid's question and points, but his god damn attitude. My only regret is, not getting into the act faster. Serves me right, didn't sign on yesterday!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Ed.CJ got a flaming after posting this request for opnion:

What followed was 12 pages of mostly-not-polite comments. I feel somewhat sorry for Ed.CJ who was making an effort to be polite. However, to be fair, this particular comment is impolite (and quite ungentlemanly) and was probably what sparked the flaming:

Actually, CS photogs have a wide range of interests: insects, flowers, LRTs, old people, kids, night scenery, weddings, etc. The above comment makes it sound like CS photogs are only interested in half-naked women.

However, Ed.CJ wasn't really talking about CS photography in general, but specifically about paid model shoots: why we use mostly female models, instead of male models. I think that's a very valid and interesting point of view (if only he had omitted that rude little paragraph that got so many guys upset). I was thinking recently that it would be nice to get to shoot some cute little kids or pets or even fake wedding portfolios. Maybe organisers can consider setting up such shoots. Who knows what the level of interest for such things is like? Maybe they will be just as popular or even more popular than female model shoots.
    Wah... got spin-off....

I'll skip any comments on Ed.CJ.. that one he already got his own thread and many replies.

But to answer your question about shooting male models. Supply and demand force of not only of the photog in CS but what's the needs and wants of our as society on the whole.

Just imagine, if male photos are more saleable and attractive in some alternate reality singapore... then the question posted would be "how come no one shoots female models".
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

After PM Lee talked about Clubsnap..

I wondered what will the majority of the Singaporeans say when they visit this website with (almost) full of 1/2-past-6 photos of models, and everyone else saying "NICE".

I think I'll get flamed for the above statement...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12