Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1217202122

Thread: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Default Re: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Catchlights... see lah! Call me sing She Bangs... now the thread also kena Banged.

Dav: we are actually waiting for TS to reply this thread lah... fringe activities got too hot only.... happens occasionally, especially when it gets too direct.. similar to the fillipino comments in the portraits sub forum.
    Don't worry bro......I will keep my cool.......already put him on my ignore lists (the third one.......wahahaha)

So are you buying the midnight show ticket tonight? Please buy one for me too. I will get the popcorn and coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i got something i dun understand wor...

how to get 2x degree (assume 1 take full time, 1 take part time, night class at the same time) but yet in sg, u need to get into JC or Poly before entering uni, then problem is, after JC or Poly, thought immediate entry to Army liao... is he under sedation or something?
    If he study overseas, it is possible to get a double degree. Quite a few of my friends who got doule commented that it is easier to get double degree overseas than Singapore U.

double majors? hmm i many part major... hahaha...

btw CYRN can help me with my PhD thesis anot?
    I think Student would be a gd source of help. He PHD.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    If he study overseas, it is possible to get a double degree. Quite a few of my friends who got doule commented that it is easier to get double degree overseas than Singapore U.
    I have an overseas friend studying in NUS.......23 years old.......finishing her PhD next year.

Is that fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I have an overseas friend studying in NUS.......23 years old.......finishing her PhD next year.

Is that fast?
    My China friend also completed her PHD here. It seems that she was sponsored BY NUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    ...So far as we can conclude, this is a MALE dominion website. We all love male, female and other unknown species (cannot use the G or L word). Over the years, before even Clubsnap started, shooting female/girls/ladies/women has always being the first choice among the male community when it comes to portrait shooting.

Not saying that man are not popular but women has always been a popular subject even in fine art/nude study area. I know because I studied life drawing. Even my female classmates found drawing female more interesting than male models.

When it comes to portrait photography classes, almost all my classmates(male and female) choses female as their subject. A lot of photographers thinks shooting female is easier than shooting male counterparts. Actually, it's not. There are more steps I need to go through shooting a female model than a male. Things like make-up, clothes, hair styling will take up more time on a female than a male.

So that is why some organisers who organise a model shoots, they have to know how to dress a model up, use professional MUAs and get the correct clothes to wear. On the male side, it's more simple and easy as we all know (because most of us a male LOL). So as you all can see, it's a bigger challange to organise a female model than a male model.

Someone mentioned even in car exibitions/computer fairs we see most models standing giving away leaflet are female models. Imagine a guy model giving away brochures in COMEX.........and smiles at you.............................yeah you can imagine.........
    In fact, in most service industries, women have the upper hand. Doing surveys, sales, call centres, bank tellers, etc. It's more comfortable for either a man or a woman to approach a woman than a man. Whether it's sexual or simply, women are gentler creatures that makes people more comfortable to work with them, unless they prove otherwise. Or they behave like female mantises.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Catchlights... see lah! Call me sing She Bangs... now the thread also kena Banged.

Dav: we are actually waiting for TS to reply this thread lah... fringe activities got too hot only.... happens occasionally, especially when it gets too direct.. similar to the fillipino comments in the portraits sub forum.
    sori lar, the TS no shows, so find some entertainments ourself lor.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    In fact, in most service industries, women have the upper hand. Doing surveys, sales, call centres, bank tellers, etc. It's more comfortable for either a man or a woman to approach a woman than a man. Whether it's sexual or simply, women are gentler creatures that makes people more comfortable to work with them, unless they prove otherwise. Or they behave like female mantises.
    I used to work in a trading firm on forex and commodities. Quite a few women would wear translucent clothes and high cut skirts when meeting clients. When they sit, Men die liao.

My China friend also completed her PHD here. It seems that she was sponsored BY NUS.
    Maybe we talking about the same person........hehe.......

I used to work in a trading firm on forex and commodities. Quite a few women would wear translucent clothes and high cut skirts when meeting clients. When they sit, Men die liao.
    Just think who's the bright mind that designed such clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Yeap.........that is correct.............!

How I wish some car mechanics are female.........sure all cars go there (even if their cars have no problems)..........wahaha.........just imagine a female wearing a mechanic uniform...with engine oil all over their face.......

After reading thru all the posts (last nite no time) I got a feeling the TS really blind. He keeps beating abt the bush and yet never acknowledged that there are Male photos on the net. I can only conclude he is arrogant and a person with very low EQ (Maybe low IQ also). Cannot research facts properly and yet get 2X Degrees. Maybe he buy the degree lah.

This is the first time that I saw Catchlights so sarcastic to pp. A pity Deadpoet never joined in leh. Love to see his flowery comments. DP, Where are u?

After reading thru all the posts (last nite no time) I got a feeling the TS really blind. He keeps beating abt the bush and yet never acknowledged that there are Male photos on the net. I can only conclude he is arrogant and a person with very low EQ (Maybe low IQ also). Cannot research facts properly and yet get 2X Degrees. Maybe he buy the degree lah.

This is the first time that I saw Catchlights so sarcastic to pp. A pity Deadpoet never joined in leh. Love to see his flowery comments. DP, Where are u?
    DP actually did contribute but due to to many pages, he could not bothered with this young man.....maybe woman.......maybe something else.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    sori lar, the TS no shows, so find some entertainments ourself lor.
    you must have overworked yourself ... take a rest when there's time

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.CJ
    Generalization is bad.
    Look who`s talking

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Guys, infact mostly old birds, grrr... please refrain from name-callings. Appreciate if you guys can stay cool and try to stick close to the topic.

Keep the discussion healthy and constructive please.

Thank you.

Kopitiam
    Good idea. Since his head is in the sand there's no more fun anyhow, though it's a pity how someone so old can't even hold his own. I'm done with this thread then. Ciao, to the professional Old bird(puns intended).
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003
    Well, TS (just in case the more intelligent/handsome/double degree ones don't know, it means threadstarter),

I think what makes alot of CS members here jumping on you, is not what you post, but the manner and the attitude you've shown through your posts, that irks many members here. Hmm...a bad portrait of yourself eh?

After going through 16 pages of your posts and exchanges, I really think that you do come across as an abonoxious and conceited snob, and quite a hypocrite.

So what's the big deal you have the damn double degree? It s damn no big deal and doesn't mean much to forum members here I'm sure. This is a photography forum, and unless you've double degree in something related to photography, they are of little or no value at all to us who are here to learn more about what matters most, photography.

And so what you're from OCS? Damn big deal! You probably would still have to address many of us here as Sir if we ever met in uniform. How 'big' your rank in NS can it be? LTA? CPT? In CS, you've just became OCT (Official Clubsnapper's Target)

And how I dislike hypocrites! Calling people "Friend" in your posts, when it is quite obvious that you'd want to tear into some of them. Telling people you don't profess to know anything abt photography, and yet can go on to make statement like "Photographers shoot anything and everything".

You're just a bloody young man, and yet you come across as if you've been through half a century and back. Your comment about only wanting to watch intelligent play almost make me puke.

Young officer, let me this old bird give you some advise, don't always try to talk down to anyone, not even your toilet cleaner. You should try to command some respect, and not demand others to kowtow to you. Before you go on to say I put word into your mouth or something, you've expressed all these traits in your posts, if you don't already know it. Of course you don't know it, you're plain conceited.

Many people take up photography for various reasons and interests. As for why there're more female models being shot here, I think that many of us here are males. And being an amateurish, normal male photographer, I'd say that I find the female gender more attractive to me, and naturally I'd want to shoot something that attract and appeal to me. Man model really doesn't appeal to me, period.

Just because some members here make some unprofessional comments, you label them pervert. Please, many of the reactions are just what many normal males would have made. So can I label you as a gay just because you are a male model, likes to watch arty farty plays, single and like to preen yourself? Of course I can't! So, please be less hypocrtical ok?

The only place for peacock like yourself, is in the aviary.

Kenny
    Man I love this

i got something i dun understand wor...

how to get 2x degree (assume 1 take full time, 1 take part time, night class at the same time) but yet in sg, u need to get into JC or Poly before entering uni, then problem is, after JC or Poly, thought immediate entry to Army liao... is he under sedation or something?
    He was in UK, so assuming he did his studies there. So most likely deferred NS to get his degree x 2 then come back to serve. Unfortunately even with degree x 2, he does not understand what does a gentleman mean.

I honestly do not give a flying fox if you are an officer and a gentlemen or a model with an international modelling agency and stay in QAP.

It simply means you are a NS man with rich parents and you look better them some of the people in Singapore. What you lack is humility.

Now, since everyone has said their piece, I am hereby closing this thread.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1217202122