Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Default Re: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    What is there more to break?
    a broken heart

This very statement shows how little you know of photography. Your statement shows a very twisted mindset, which appears to me to result from a sense of being sidelined by female models, and perhaps of a certain type of upbringing. Why are people not looking at me? ME! ME!

Know what I mean by losing MANHOOD?

Not how physically tough one is, or the postition one holds in society. Not how rich you are. Or rather how rich your parents are. Not how fanciful your dwelling is. But the attributes of being a MAN. Of self-confidence. Not having to pretend. The surface is just that. Surface. Just because a peacock extends his feathers does not make its "maleness" more "male".

Photography is a form of visual communication, and one communicates what he/she wishes to communicate. One who likes insects will show images of insects. Others may show images of marine life. A photographer does not have to be "balanced" to please anyone.

Cartier Bresson is one of the photography greats. And no. He did not join photoshoots. He did not make pictures of the eyes of sandfly.

But he communicated clearly his vision of the world as he saw it.

He was not balanced.

And GREAT!
    Well. I never said i knew much about photography. But i do know the nature of some photographers in here. Not all are bad because i know decent ones still exist. Oh yes! I am not saying photographers who only shoot females are perverts. Only some.. They know who they are. Hmmm.. Maybe some of the people defending themselves strongly and picking on my statements..

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.CJ
    Hoho! Don't want to overtake Thailand or cannot overtake Thailand? Hmmm.. Some Singapore Men really ought to look at themselves in the mirror...
    For myself, I dun wan.

Mabbe for you... you cant.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    No, I don't think so,

maybe a chio bu offer a TFCD for nude shoot will definitely brake a record.
    See. A very excellent example of the nature of photographers.

1.)FREE!
    2.)NAKED!
    3.)WOW!
    4.)RUSH!

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    a broken heart

Wah! No more manhood! Now no more heart?

Actually, the ego! This young lad has a HUGE EGO! Thinks too highly of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I agree with you on this.....and as you can see he is already full of himself on this thread alone. Is he really a man "MALE MODEL"?
    Haha. You can doubt if you want to. Hmmm.. I wonder if some of the photographers here are "photographers" or photographers?

Haha! Apples to oranges to durians.... Hmmmmm.. Think twice.
    tot twice... you are applying double standards.

1.)FREE!
    2.)NAKED!
    3.)WOW!
    4.)RUSH!
    TFCD is defintely not naked ..

for point 1,2,4 ... is part of singaporean ..
    my dear little officer

1.)FREE!
    2.)NAKED!
    3.)WOW!
    4.)RUSH!
    excellent example of half the human race actually. it may also apply to some of the other half too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911
    ...Your statement "it's just difficult to associate male with aesthetics or beauty" is biased against your own gender (assuming u r a guy); and it is misleading...
    that's why i use the word "difficult" instead of "can not" associate male...

anyway, we can not blame a person over his sentiments. no wonder we can't see any complaints from bugs, buildings, birds, flowers, etc.

Well. I never said i knew much about photography. But i do know the nature of some photographers in here. Not all are bad because i know decent ones still exist. Oh yes! I am not saying photographers who only shoot females are perverts. Only some.. They know who they are. Hmmm.. Maybe some of the people defending themselves strongly and picking on my statements..

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind..

Despite your claim to "some" measure of intelligence ( quoting your double majors - that is a big deal?), you clearly show you lack quite a bit of intellgence -if not IQ then EQ. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might have "some IQ', your intelligence is certainly misapplied.

People here are not the least bothered by your statements. If you do not understand that, the "pickings" are directed at your attitude. The attitude that resulted in those nonsensical egoistic statements you made.

Intelligent? Long way off, boy!
    Last edited by student; 20th August 2006 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck Loong
    Wow exciting stuff here

These are my comments after working closely with more local male models (not talents) than local female models wannabees and talents.

* Male models/talents are a lot easier to work with. They can often carry the look much better than local female talents/model wannabees. Its a lot easier to style local guys than girls (putting a $5K hugo boss suit on a local guy is a lot easier than to put a $5K lanvin dress on local girl to achieve what the stylist/art director wants)

* Local guys tend to be more humble than their female counterparts. If you can recall the report on the newpaper last week, its really true you get a lot more problems from some local female model wannabees/talents with a Big Head and I know everything attitude. These girls think they have the right to choose the photographer/stylist/makeup/hair people to work with as they have appeared in some advertisements, done some shows/events or joined some pageants. However, most of the creative team are not interested to work with local female talents/model wannabees unless they are paid to do the job.

However, having said that. I think you should just refrain from giving yourself and your agency a bad name. Most local male models/talents are very easy to work with. They do not come across as having attitudes.

Be nice to everyone, some of them just prefer to shoot females. For me, since I retired from photography, I always try my best to help any good hearted guys or gals who came and ask for help. All fresh models with a good attitude deserve a chance to try and succeed .If I was still shooting, I would not have bothered much unless they are my friends as having locals in the portfolio does not attract more fashion jobs for me.
    Hey there. Thanks for your opinion. Well, it is not that i wanted to reveal so much about myself. I came in here to state my opinions but rebutted in some ilogical manner. And how do you counter such stuff, give back the same treatment.

It is very simple, if you are nice, i will be nice too.

I still got to say.. Maybe you should read what some of the fellow CS members wrote.

Well. I never said i knew much about photography.
    I see.

So do you or do you not know much about photography? I will assume you know little.

Then please! What was that nonsense in post #63 when you declared that " a photographer should be ready to shoot anything?".

So you know little of photography and you want to tell photographers what they should photograph?

Intelligence? Stick to your mathematics and sciences. Stick out your feathers like the peacock. Maybe, just maybe, you might look better.
    Last edited by student; 20th August 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    For myself, I dun wan.

Mabbe for you... you cant.
    LOL. You don't want or you know that you can't that you gave up... Hmmm..
    For me.. No worries.. Thanks for being concerned about me but well.. So sad.. I got somebody already.

my dear little officer
    Generalization is bad.

Despite your claim to "some" measure of intelligence ( quoting your double majors - that is a big deal?), you clearly show you lack quite a bit of intellgence -if not IQ then EQ. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you might have "some IQ', your intelligence is certainly misapplied.

People here are not the least bothered by your statements. If you do not understand that, the "pickings" are directed at your attitude. The attitude that resulted in those nonsensical egoistic statements you made.

Intelligent? Long way off, boy!
    Haha. Not bothered or extremely bothered that they had to defend themselves. Intelligence.. Thanks man! But i do not need you to measure them for me. Measure yours and your fellow CSers would be much more appealing.

I see.

So do you or do you not know much about photography? I will assume you know little.

Then please! What was that nonsense in post #63 when you declared that " a photographer should be ready to shoot anything?".

So you know little of photography and you want to tell photographers what they should photograph?

Intelligence? Stick to your mathematics and sciences. Stick out your feathers like the peacock. Maybe, just maybe, you might look better.
    Haha. Isn't it true? A photographer shoots anything and everything. Clearly understood.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    No, I don't think so,

maybe a chio bu offer a TFCD for nude shoot will definitely brake a record.

1.)FREE!
    2.)NAKED!
    3.)WOW!
    4.)RUSH!

my dear little officer
    Generalization is bad.
    Hello! Are you reply to me? to simon80? or talking about yourself??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

lol
    he quote u .. i quote him .. he quote me

end of the day this thread will still be the same
    to no way .. just wasting some time before I sleep

Haha. Isn't it true? A photographer shoots anything and everything. Clearly understood.
    Generalization is bad.

Look who is talking.

There is no point in coming into CS and start some degrading remarks and through the process trying to show off your own profile. We are not interested. Neither do i like the idea of a young boy trying to teach what photographers should do. I cant say myself to be a photographer, but any 3rd person who sees this thread would obviously think you are insulting photographers. If you don't know a **** about photography, you have no right to comment about photographers.

Don't bring shame to your 'top end' model agency or even bring shame to OCS. No need to mention about your double degree, blah blah blah... Maybe you will feel happy for I am helping you to repeat your supposedly 'wonderful achievements'. Probably you are just deprived.

You are just making a fool of yourself. Get some life. Stop acting like a small little kid.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast