Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Default Re: Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    wah... your house seems to be a server center + data farm sia.
    shhhh... .. it partly is

Eh. .. better not OT his thread already

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    shhhh... .. it partly is

Eh. .. better not OT his thread already
    yeah... going to 8mps.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.CJ
    I'd love to see that. Share some if you have.

The problem is that - I have yet to see a male model that approximates to a MAN.

I had photographed men, as Man. But they are not male models.

Male models, unfortunately are so full of themselves, that the MANHOOD was nowhere to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    The problem is that - I have yet to see a male model that approximates to a MAN.

Male models, unfortunately are so full of themselves, that the MANHOOD was nowhere to be seen.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

More female models than male models shot? Wow! I don't see a single pictures of male models shoots in the galleries. There is none i guess, not even a teeny weeny chance given to them. How pathetic can that be? Not willing to pay... There is jealousy lingering in the air.

:
    I don't shoot a lot, but if I do , I wold shoot babes too, and here are my reasons and points

1) I shoot what I like to shoot, just like architectures, wildlife, nature, etc etc
    2) babes have nicer curves then man ( and pls don't say that if we know how to appreciate, guys have diff kind of curves), so I didn't know how to appreciate guys' curver, so be it , i will be happy to continue t shoot babes
    3) I am not here to balance up the account, and photography is not about balancing the account, it's about shooting what you like to shoot. So all nature shooters should shoot some architeture too? so as to give a good balance ?
    4) I am also not here to give a chance, photography is not life and death, it about shooting what you like to shoot. So all wildlife shooters should starts shooting streets to give the streets a chance.?
    5) If i have to pay to shoot something, I will make sure it is what I like to see on my prints, Jealousy?...mmmm.... I really don't know where that come from, ....sombody feeling inferior here? would you pay for some food that you don't like to eat , but would do so just to create balance, chance, etc

Certainly. As a photographer, you should be ready to shoot anything, not just girls. Do share some pictures of males you shoot. As least we know that there is some hope in Club Snap.

This very statement shows how little you know of photography. Your statement shows a very twisted mindset, which appears to me to result from a sense of being sidelined by female models, and perhaps of a certain type of upbringing. Why are people not looking at me? ME! ME!

Know what I mean by losing MANHOOD?

Not how physically tough one is, or the postition one holds in society. Not how rich you are. Or rather how rich your parents are. Not how fanciful your dwelling is. But the attributes of being a MAN. Of self-confidence. Not having to pretend. The surface is just that. Surface. Just because a peacock extends his feathers does not make its "maleness" more "male".

Photography is a form of visual communication, and one communicates what he/she wishes to communicate. One who likes insects will show images of insects. Others may show images of marine life. A photographer does not have to be "balanced" to please anyone.

Cartier Bresson is one of the photography greats. And no. He did not join photoshoots. He did not make pictures of the eyes of sandfly.

But he communicated clearly his vision of the world as he saw it.

He was not balanced.

And GREAT!

Is this a record? ...... TS starts at 11.40pm 18 Aug 2006 and 9 hrs later 205 replies!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Is this a record? ...... TS starts at 11.40pm 18 Aug 2006 and 9 hrs later 205 replies!
    No, I don't think so,

maybe a chio bu offer a TFCD for nude shoot will definitely brake a record.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    No, I don't think so,

maybe a chio bu offer a TFCD for nude shoot will definitely brake a record.
    Ask BOBMAN.......he has plenty of CHIO BU NAKED MODELS......

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Ask BOBMAN.......he has plenty of CHIO BU NAKED MODELS......
    But no TFCD leh.....

Quote Originally Posted by student

I agree with you on this.....and as you can see he is already full of himself on this thread alone. Is he really a man "MALE MODEL"?

More female models than male models shot? Wow! I don't see a single pictures of male models shoots in the galleries. There is none i guess, not even a teeny weeny chance given to them. How pathetic can that be? Not willing to pay... There is jealousy lingering in the air.

OH!! So photography is capturing the babes. WOW!

Oh. I am from Elite Model Management. Due to NS, i will not be involved in modelling during this period. I have lots of experiences as a little boy, especially catwalks and ads.

They love shooting males? Than show it because i don't see any.
    Ed there is also the little issue of fact that there are few male models - I mean actually working male models who offer their services here. I have shot male models and have no bias issues about shooting a male model - provided the male modle can be use in my frame. I had a caucasian male model buy a enlargement off me that I shot of him in the first Singapore fashion week - nice guy pity he is based in HK now. There are a few males would be models - ie they have not done any or much work who do asked to be shot. But in some cases because they do not project the need mancho, barvado, or gritty image it may not be interesting to shoot them. Example if some one looks like a boy toy - soft and a touch girly it's not dam hard work to make him look like a mancho marbaro man image. The most common look for would be male models seems to be boy toy bad boy look - most do not have the hard edge and some muscle definition that is needed to make it look real.Tell you what if you want to model for me, I do you since you claim to have the expereince and that implies the market obviously has a demand for your look. Issue here is there are people photographers whose subject are people - male or female and there are the others who only want to shoot the opposite sex. Yes some female photographers do not really fancy shooting females.Nothing new nothing earth shaking.

But no TFCD leh.....
    Well ask this TS, I am pretty sure he will OFFER HIS BODY to you to shoot and do a TFDVD. Reason for being TFDVD is Catchlight just kept shooting until his 4GB card full because he was shock to see a male model, so no space to burn on a normal CD.......
    Last edited by Pro Image; 19th August 2006 at 09:54 AM.

Well ask this TS, I am pretty sure he will OFFER HIS BODY to you to shoot and do a TFDVD. Reason for being TFDVD is Catchlight just kept shooting until his 4GB card full because he was shock to see a male model, so no space to burn on a normal CD.......
    Think can wait long long hor,
    he already said no free lunch in this world, and keep mentioning his is a officer, a gentlemen, also a model from a international modeling agency hor.

btw, if ready someone have a session with him, whether is paid, none paid or whatever, will it be more talking than shooting during the shoot???

Wow exciting stuff here

These are my comments after working closely with more local male models (not talents) than local female models wannabees and talents.

* Male models/talents are a lot easier to work with. They can often carry the look much better than local female talents/model wannabees. Its a lot easier to style local guys than girls (putting a $5K hugo boss suit on a local guy is a lot easier than to put a $5K lanvin dress on local girl to achieve what the stylist/art director wants)

* Local guys tend to be more humble than their female counterparts. If you can recall the report on the newpaper last week, its really true you get a lot more problems from some local female model wannabees/talents with a Big Head and I know everything attitude. These girls think they have the right to choose the photographer/stylist/makeup/hair people to work with as they have appeared in some advertisements, done some shows/events or joined some pageants. However, most of the creative team are not interested to work with local female talents/model wannabees unless they are paid to do the job.

However, having said that. I think you should just refrain from giving yourself and your agency a bad name. Most local male models/talents are very easy to work with. They do not come across as having attitudes.

Be nice to everyone, some of them just prefer to shoot females. For me, since I retired from photography, I always try my best to help any good hearted guys or gals who came and ask for help. All fresh models with a good attitude deserve a chance to try and succeed .If I was still shooting, I would not have bothered much unless they are my friends as having locals in the portfolio does not attract more fashion jobs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck Loong
    Wow exciting stuff here

These are my comments after working closely with more local male models (not talents) than local female models wannabees and talents.

* Male models/talents are a lot easier to work with. They can often carry the look much better than local female talents/model wannabees. Its a lot easier to style local guys than girls (putting a $5K hugo boss suit on a local guy is a lot easier than to put a $5K lanvin dress on local girl to achieve what the stylist/art director wants)

* Local guys tend to be more humble than their female counterparts. If you can recall the report on the newpaper last week, its really true you get a lot more problems from some local female model wannabees/talents with a Big Head and I know everything attitude. These girls think they have the right to choose the photographer/stylist/makeup/hair people to work with as they have appeared in some advertisements, done some shows/events or joined some pageants. However, most of the creative team are not interested to work with local female talents/model wannabees unless they are paid to do the job.

However, having said that. I think you should just refrain from giving yourself and your agency a bad name. Most local male models/talents are very easy to work with. They do not come across as having attitudes.

Be nice to everyone, some of them just prefer to shoot females. For me, since I retired from photography, I always try my best to help any good hearted guys or gals who came and ask for help. All fresh models with a good attitude deserve a chance to try and succeed .If I was still shooting, I would not have bothered much unless they are my friends as having locals in the portfolio does not attract more fashion jobs for me.
    This male or maybe female (we have no idea as he is only based online at the moment) is a funny one. Just ask him anything and he will answer. I will make a call to a friend of mine from Elite to find out who this person really is. Hehe....

Think can wait long long hor,
    he already said no free lunch in this world, and keep mentioning his is a officer, a gentlemen, also a model from a international modeling agency hor.

btw, if ready someone have a session with him, whether is paid, none paid or whatever, will it be more talking than shooting during the shoot???
    Normal lar......this is what I categorise them as "AUNTIE" male model. The type who can't stop talking about himself.

This male or maybe female (we have no idea as he is only based online at the moment) is a funny one. Just ask him anything and he will answer. I will make a call to a friend of mine from Elite to find out who this person really is. Hehe....

Yea man..should give a call to alvan or monica to check check

Normal lar......this is what I categorise them as "AUNTIE" male model. The type who can't stop talking about himself.
    damn, like that how to capture thire mouth closed during the shoot??

damn, like that how to capture thire mouth closed during the shoot??
    Put a "BANANA" in his mouth.......and I am sure he will stop talking.......

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast