Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to China (KuMing)

Default Re: Trip to China (KuMing)

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    tripod, monopod all very pointless to carry up because they are heavy, and take up space....

all these u dump in ur check-in bags. while things like camera, laptop n lenses and those wine and beer that u are bringing along, better hand carry up.

and dun bring such a big bag up unless u know the person sitting beside u... or else it will be a bad start off for a holiday liao....
    Thanks for the tips Phew luckily I'm not carrying any wine and beer, the camera and lenses are enough for me, not even bringing laptop, just hard disk.

Quote Originally Posted by PnS
    Thanks for the tips Phew luckily I'm not carrying any wine and beer, the camera and lenses are enough for me, not even bringing laptop, just hard disk.
    yah... good luck for ur trip.. do post nice photos of ur trip.

Quote Originally Posted by PnS
    I'm going there next month, any advice on what lens to bring or any other travel tips?
    Dude you going in Sept? I'll be there i n Oct, Lijiang all the way to Shangri-la

ok i'll be the advanced party to go there and do some recce for info for you

Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    Dude you going in Sept? I'll be there i n Oct, Lijiang all the way to Shangri-la

then... it should be relatively light then.. hahaha.... the last time i went backpacking... it was a 70-200 f/2.8 + 3 more others...... total load on my baggage was like 78kg on backpack and 87kg on 2nd pack.....

SIA staff almost wanted to scream my heads off when i carried my 1st pack up because of my camera and equipments..
    165kg? are you carrying a bicycle too?

does a load of 165kg makes u think i carried a bicycle there ?

anyway. i bought some teeshirts and bought some sovenirs for the kids there.

after giving them the sovenirs and teeshirts. i in turn bought some sovenirs back and yes... it weight around 100-120kg back...

well if i didnt bring those teeshirts and sovenirs, i think my total load will be around 80kg max too...

does a load of 165kg makes u think i carried a bicycle there ?

anyway. i bought some teeshirts and bought some sovenirs for the kids there.

after giving them the sovenirs and teeshirts. i in turn bought some sovenirs back and yes... it weight around 100-120kg back...

well if i didnt bring those teeshirts and sovenirs, i think my total load will be around 80kg max too...
    certainly the amount of load is unbelievable. how did you carry those things around?

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    certainly the amount of load is unbelievable. how did you carry those things around?
    the personal things like clothings will be sorted into the main bag, the sovenirs laptops and all valuables will be one another bag once i've reach the main staying place...

the main haversack will be carried around the whole day. while the rest will be in the room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12