Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Witness to a robbery

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    it is actually dangerous act, why you try to fight with them when u know they have parangs? you should just stay calm..and read the car plate number..

    life is precious..you have impulsively put yourself on risks.
    Better still ask the robbers to pose in front of the car without blocking the number plate so that Benigh can take a shot of it calmly and collectively?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Better still ask the robbers to pose in front of the car without blocking the number plate so that Benigh can take a shot of it calmly and collectively?
    think benign can go over & gently tell them...

    放下屠刀﹐ 立地成佛

    but i guess benign should shave 1st... then look more convincing...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    This country is hopeless liao. I'm speaking as a fellow Malaysian. I ever witness a snatch thief a few years back. 2 motocyclist rode slowly in front of my car. A girl was walking along the road shoulder. Suddenly, the pillion rider grabs the girls bag and speed off. I gave chase but because the road is small and there was a lot of pedestrian walking. I failed to catch up with them. I was driving more then 120Km/hr liao. I was honking and flashing my headlights but nobody tried to stop the bikers. I took note of the bike licence plate and color and when I lost them, I went back to the girl that was snatched (was a collegue of mine which I fouind out a few weeks later) I took her to the police station and reported the M/C number to them. They dont even bother to call their counterpart to look around for this bike but ask us to report to another police station which we did. We waited in queue for almost 2 hours to make the report. I highlighted that the girl was robbed but they warn me to keep quiet because i was not the one who got robbed. (police big lor). Finally when it was her turn to give her statement, the officer who attended to her was either purposly trying to slow things down or he is really an idion with the computer. (one finger typing type). In the end we wasted a few hours without getting anything done. If not for the report to apply for a replacement IC and Passport I wold had ask her not to report at all.


    Malaysian police is really hopeless and that why the robbers are so daring.

    FYI, I had gave up on Malaysia and moved to Singapore where at least the police post are not closed at night.

    Anwar might have done a better job IMHO.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    This country is hopeless liao. I'm speaking as a fellow Malaysian. I ever witness a snatch thief a few years back. 2 motocyclist rode slowly in front of my car. A girl was walking along the road shoulder. Suddenly, the pillion rider grabs the girls bag and speed off. I gave chase but because the road is small and there was a lot of pedestrian walking. I failed to catch up with them. I was driving more then 120Km/hr liao. I was honking and flashing my headlights but nobody tried to stop the bikers. I took note of the bike licence plate and color and when I lost them, I went back to the girl that was snatched (was a collegue of mine which I fouind out a few weeks later) I took her to the police station and reported the M/C number to them. They dont even bother to call their counterpart to look around for this bike but ask us to report to another police station which we did. We waited in queue for almost 2 hours to make the report. I highlighted that the girl was robbed but they warn me to keep quiet because i was not the one who got robbed. (police big lor). Finally when it was her turn to give her statement, the officer who attended to her was either purposly trying to slow things down or he is really an idion with the computer. (one finger typing type). In the end we wasted a few hours without getting anything done. If not for the report to apply for a replacement IC and Passport I wold had ask her not to report at all.


    Malaysian police is really hopeless and that why the robbers are so daring.

    FYI, I had gave up on Malaysia and moved to Singapore where at least the police post are not closed at night.

    Anwar might have done a better job IMHO.
    FYI, once i was going to make a report, then the police post around my area was closed, around 10+ hehe... then the nearest was about 10-15mins drive... imagine i have to run for my life, then go to the police post to find it is closed...

    but overall... sg is still a safe place... but wonder y always hear bad news about malaysia, indonesia how? any better?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    FYI, once i was going to make a report, then the police post around my area was closed, around 10+ hehe... then the nearest was about 10-15mins drive... imagine i have to run for my life, then go to the police post to find it is closed...

    but overall... sg is still a safe place... but wonder y always hear bad news about malaysia, indonesia how? any better?

    SG neighbourhood police post got close one meh? I always see them open leh. lunch time maybe. The Malaysian police post in JB where i stayed b4 is always closed after 6pm. so if you call 999, they will come (if they come at all) 1 to 2 hours later. If I'm a potential robber, I can rob the whole neighbourhood in that time.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    SG neighbourhood police post got close one meh? I always see them open leh. lunch time maybe. The Malaysian police post in JB where i stayed b4 is always closed after 6pm. so if you call 999, they will come (if they come at all) 1 to 2 hours later. If I'm a potential robber, I can rob the whole neighbourhood in that time.
    got... u try towner 1... that 1 close at 9pm i think...

    anyway, when ppl get robs, normally is to "kio sai" things already, its seldom u get real time action... unlike those u see on papers and news... its sad, but true...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sick-Ka-Poor land
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Life SUX [/quote]

    don risk your like that..i think to help others...i rather suggest u take out ur zoom camera..take the scene with 80-200mm in a distance...take the photo and blow up in news papers.

    yeah..i agreed wtih u..in the new abdullah's administration...domestic violence like this is not declining but keep blowing to another peak....it is an endangering rate in malaysia now. follow singaporean, suggest to you guy here is....don carry too expensive stuff to malaysia...or don dress like very rich guy and obvious that people can tell you are from sg..now these thugs are normally targeted at chinese group..cos they think chinese are the golden goose to them.

    or rather i will tell u..if not becos of business related matter, don go malaysia, go somewhere else.

    i am a malaysian johor boy, but now i am totally dissagreed and dissapointed by abdullah b****wi that f***ker administration. he don fit to be a good PM...i think he is only the s**x machine that only know how to make kid at home.

    i am not surprise in 3 year downs the road.malaysia economic will downfall and back to primitive stone age time. more foreign invester will pull out capital from country, more people will jobless...more robberies and domestic cases are on the way to come.

    poor Mahathir so blinded to choose such successor.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    i don't know why some guys put sarcacism on my opinions =) ha.

    But if you have read about 2 girls got stabbed in JB last week, you may try to think again your words instead of bravo about his bravery with your simple mind.

    But come to think of it, try to remember their look and car plate is helping more than trying to stop robbers with bare hand..or pots. Even u stop the car, and the robbers just got down to give you a slash..

    I will tell Benign again and again that don't fight with them, unless u got weapon or with crowd, it is true some of us will react in that way when we got an urge and want to help. But does it really help? the robbers got away and people can't give any trace like car plate number.

    Unless we are zorror or superman. I remember i read about David copperfield tricked two robbers..and then memories down the car plate number and call the police, and they are caught.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sick-Ka-Poor land
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    This country is hopeless liao. I'm speaking as a fellow Malaysian. I ever witness a snatch thief a few years back. 2 motocyclist rode slowly in front of my car. A girl was walking along the road shoulder. Suddenly, the pillion rider grabs the girls bag and speed off. I gave chase but because the road is small and there was a lot of pedestrian walking. I failed to catch up with them. I was driving more then 120Km/hr liao. I was honking and flashing my headlights but nobody tried to stop the bikers. I took note of the bike licence plate and color and when I lost them, I went back to the girl that was snatched (was a collegue of mine which I fouind out a few weeks later) I took her to the police station and reported the M/C number to them. They dont even bother to call their counterpart to look around for this bike but ask us to report to another police station which we did. We waited in queue for almost 2 hours to make the report. I highlighted that the girl was robbed but they warn me to keep quiet because i was not the one who got robbed. (police big lor). Finally when it was her turn to give her statement, the officer who attended to her was either purposly trying to slow things down or he is really an idion with the computer. (one finger typing type). In the end we wasted a few hours without getting anything done. If not for the report to apply for a replacement IC and Passport I wold had ask her not to report at all.


    Malaysian police is really hopeless and that why the robbers are so daring.

    FYI, I had gave up on Malaysia and moved to Singapore where at least the police post are not closed at night.

    Anwar might have done a better job IMHO.
    agreed with u pal, now i even have to keep a golf stick or iron stick at my car for self defence....if rely on police ...u ended up losing ur hope.

    i think in times to come..i will consider of giving up my citizenship and migrate back to china....or western country..i am not joking but this is likely to happens.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    You better stay there and guard
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    like in my eariler post, giving the police the exact description of the bike/car pluse the number plate will not do any good because the police will not do anything at all. It give me the feeling that the police got commision from the robbers. hope you guys still remember the recent case in Perak where the policemen turn robbers.

    I'm think of giving up my Malaysian citizenship liao.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura_papaya
    agreed with u pal, now i even have to keep a golf stick or iron stick at my car for self defence....if rely on police ...u ended up losing ur hope.
    For golf stick to be effective as a weapon you have to take a swing aiming what's between the legs of the robbers. However you may lose their balls if overdoing it.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    I'm think of giving up my Malaysian citizenship liao.
    May I extend a warm welcome to you to join the "Ex-Malaysians Club".
    Last edited by Sion; 18th August 2006 at 11:56 AM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    May I extend a warm welcome to you to join the "Ex-Malaysians Club".

    Got this club meh?

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Got this club meh?
    Cos u never apply... so u never know...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #36
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    For golf stick to be effective as a weapon you have to take a swing aiming what's between the legs of the robbers. However you may lose their balls if overdoing it.
    And score a hole in one? Eagle?

    When adrenline flows thru the veins, its hard to control emotions or actions. Almost anything can happen, so at that heat of the moment, I do not think what Benign was really reckless.
    Last edited by afbug; 18th August 2006 at 12:13 PM.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    next time take a sharp object and puncture the tyre. then call police at the same time

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    next time take a sharp object and puncture the tyre. then call police at the same time
    yup... maybe go ask the robbers if they could lend their parangs to him...

    i wonder if they got no car... would they go rob another car, or would they just sit there as sitting ducks...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    fyi...
    divisional police stations operate 24 hrs
    neighbourhood police posts operate frm 12noon to 10/10.30pm

    cheers! no crime committed between 10.01/10.31pm till 11.59am

  20. #40
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Witness to a robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Got this club meh?
    Got lah.

    Singapore Ex-Malaysians Club and Australia Ex-Malaysians Club still got places lah.

    Join quick quick before doors closed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •