Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TNP: Police report for online flames!

Default Re: TNP: Police report for online flames!

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    waliao ... you see him no up ...
    no wat... i see him got alot of life experience mah... imagine he see few more years than normal JC boy lor... tats y we all kena trick mah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16
    ok.....sry lah. about 3 4 pp wanted me to delete that thread. so i deleted it.

wun make same mistake again.
    3-4 or 34 people? There's a big difference. Anyway, threads shouldn't be deleted unless they are really offending. Otherwise, there will be another clown who will follow your footsteps blindly.

ok.....sry lah. about 3 4 pp wanted me to delete that thread. so i deleted it.

wun make same mistake again.
    Yeah right,

Only 3-4 pple wanted u to delete the thread, u deleted.

Only 3-4 pple wanted to emigrate becos of NS issue, and you said that this was one of the prime reasons why pple migrate.

Wimp!

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    3-4 or 34 people? There's a big difference. Anyway, threads shouldn't be deleted unless they are really offending. Otherwise, there will be another clown who will follow your footsteps blindly.
    but those pp are like "can mod please delete this thread? it is a waste of bandwidth!! "

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    pathetic is all I can say.
    I suppose stuff like these wun even make headlines in tabloids like The Sun back at home?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

[QUOTE=jsbn]If being flamed warrants a police report, I can't really imagine how many police reports I have to make.

Your opinions on this?
    QUOTE]

if you ask me, i think it is the doctoring of the pictures that makes her report justifyable, cos it hurts much more than words posted on the internet.

but those pp are like "can mod please delete this thread? it is a waste of bandwidth!! "
    Waste of bandwidth? That's simply a lame excuse from those who requested it. Threads will slowly die a natural death when the interest wanes. Want to save bandwidth? Might as welll delete anything that is more than a year old.

We have to read to understand the whole story. Hopefully there is an online copy tomorrow.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Waste of bandwidth? That's simply a lame excuse from those who requested it. Threads will slowly die a natural death when the interest wanes. Want to save bandwidth? Might as welll delete anything that is more than a year old.
    we are the casualties of satay's joke... lets just face it, we kena pwn3d by a JC boy and its not like 1 get pwn3d, its like... hmm where's that thread...

eh y not we all change our sig to...

Pwn3d by Satay? Revive the thread...

then later i go start a thread and everybody list their name down...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

[QUOTE=satay16]
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    If being flamed warrants a police report, I can't really imagine how many police reports I have to make.

Your opinions on this?
    QUOTE]

if you ask me, i think it is the doctoring of the pictures that makes her report justifyable, cos it hurts much more than words posted on the internet.

Oh hello there!! You appeared!! We missed you so much!! Especially after you deleted both your threads, make me search high and low for the speeches I typed. Oh 3 to 4 people asked you to delete? Really? Who dare to do that! Or is it because it was looking real silly and most important of all looking real silly on the person who started it. But oh well nevermind lah... its school project right? Nevermind lah we uncles contributed to school project. By the way is your school project titled "reaction of public to status of NS"?

Oh yeah your english suddentely improved!! No more weird sentences and dont know what you are talking about grammer... amazing!!

The real story behind this girl is that she is telling all of us. Dont mess with me okay? i Garhmen supporter! I sue you then you know. Dont ever mess with my backing, the govt! And now put in papers big big, serve as warning to all you who dare to oppose me.

How dare they doctor my picture and make me look fat! Police!

Btw... how on earth do they get hold of her picture.

I suppose stuff like these wun even make headlines in tabloids like The Sun back at home?
    Total waste of time and energy. Not even the National Enquirer will report on such "news". But what is worse, is the fact that she feels she has to report it to the police, and the police accepted the report.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Total waste of time and energy. Not even the National Enquirer will report on such "news". But what is worse, is the fact that she feels she has to report it to the police, and the police accepted the report.
    Now ya know who's really wasting tax funds.

What a waste of time.

"Defamation is a tort action developed under common law. The Defamation Act (Cap 75) adds on and clarifies certain aspects of the law on defamation and malicious falsehood. To prove that he had been defamed whether orally (slander) or in a more permanent form (libel), a claimant must prove that the statement was in fact made by the respondent and that it was defamatory in the eyes of an objective reasonable person such that it would injure his or her reputation ‘by exposing him [or her] to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or which tends to lower him in the esteem of right-thinking members of society’ (per Lord Atkin in Sim v Stretch [1936] 2 All ER 1237). The statement must refer to the claimant (ie that he or she was identifiable) and be published to a third party (ie communicated)."
    Asst Prof Warren B Chik
    Singapore Management University

Some intresting infos i got from the defamation act chapter 75 section 2://

In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires —

"broadcasting by means of telecommunication" means publication for general reception by means of a telecommunication;

"newspaper" means any paper containing public news or observations thereon or consisting wholly or mainly of advertisements which is printed for sale and is published in Singapore either periodically or in parts or numbers at intervals not exceeding 36 days;

"telecommunication" means any system for the transmission, emission or reception of signs, signals, writings, images and sounds of all kinds by means of radiowaves, wire, cable or other electro-magnetic systems;

"words" includes pictures, visual images, gestures and other methods of signifying meaning.//

also, in section 9, about fair comments://
    In an action for libel or slander in respect of words consisting partly of allegations of fact and partly of expression of opinion, a defence of fair comment shall not fail by reason only that the truth of every allegation of fact is not proved if the expression of opinion is fair comment having regard to such of the facts alleged or referred to in the words complained of as are proved.//

guess the police had to accept her report due to these.

[COLOR="Red"]FLAME FLAME FLAME!!![/COLOR]
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

there are some idiots which i have yet to strangle them.

[QUOTE=satay16]
    If being flamed warrants a police report, I can't really imagine how many police reports I have to make.

Your opinions on this?
    QUOTE]

Leeching and doctoring of photos?

Well, if she doesn't want to be made fun of, juz don't post her own pictures on the net. Plain and simple. Big time celebrities who are the first victims of doctored photos in extremely compromising positions when the internet popped up dun see them walking into a police station and making a report.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Obviously satay boy here hasn't felt the full wrath of EDMW.

And now she complained that the foto in the paper looks ugly..
    How to judge if a person is pretty or ugly?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast