Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biker Photographers

Default Re: Biker Photographers

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalartist
    There's 4 bikes and 11 Cars (4x4) doing South America from 11 Oct to 10 December 2006. We've already shipped the cars and bikes to Buenos Aires last week, and will fly out there on 8th Oct to begin our adventure.

Wanna come ???

Check it out HERE

I'm driving a Toyota Lancruiser and a spare rider for them 4 crazy bikers. Two of them did London to Kuala Lumpur last year with us in Eight 4x4s.

Here's Dr Wong in Moscow

And here's our bikes at our campsite at Lake Balkhash in Kazakhstan.

There are more pictures of our London to Kuala Lumpur Ride HERE
    Interesting adventure photos you got there, but seems like too little for the whole trip?

2 years ago, 2 of my friends rode their dominator from SG to France and covered 40,000km+ over 8 months, great spirit!
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    Interesting adventure photos you got there, but seems like too little for the whole trip?

2 years ago, 2 of my friends rode their dominator from SG to France and covered 40,000km+ over 8 months, great spirit!
    Could you check with them which route they took through the middle east region? Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    harlow... u now lurking in here liao ah..
    hi scud.... how have u been? heehee

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    If you are riding direct from Sg -> Malaysia -> East Thailand and enter Cambodia and round trip it will take you only about 5000km the most.

Unless you have other plans in mind for round trip...the 16 days trip you mentioned and about 7000km to cover, you are torturing yourself to go on this trip imo.

Try not to carry expensive digital equipment for the Cambodian road, that 160km of
    off-road can kill them!
    well, I intend to explore a bit of Cambodia - Siem Reap, Pnom Penh, and Silkannoville (pardon the spelling), and maybe NE Thailand, hence the additional mileage. A lot will depends on time availability.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    What would be a good bike for a trip like this?
    dual purpose bikes or offroad bikes.
    AT, XL, XR, DL, DR, GS..... etc

cub kias also can.... the locals ride thru those terrains everyday!

Wink Re: Biker Photographers

Cambodia is a super place to take scenery photography. Majestic !

Red face Re: Biker Photographers

Hi Digitalartist, How did u put the pixs in the column...? I tried all ways and cannot insert it in. I would like to post a nice pix of Cambodia in it.

last call.
    anyone? :P

itinerary: hatyai - bangkok - battambang - siem reap - phnom penh - kep - kampot - bokor - sihanoukville - koh kong - pattaya - kachanaburi - chumphon - hatyai
    number of days: 16 days (23/Dec - 07/Jan)
    estimated distance: 6000km
    budget: S$1300

Tempting.......

Would love to but work commitments won't allow it. Then again my 1984 XR 500 isn't quite up for such a long trip.

Ride safe and have a good trip to all going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    last call.
    anyone? :P

itinerary: hatyai - bangkok - battambang - siem reap - phnom penh - kep - kampot - bokor - sihanoukville - koh kong - pattaya - kachanaburi - chumphon - hatyai
    number of days: 16 days (23/Dec - 07/Jan)
    estimated distance: 6000km
    budget: S$1300

From your itinerary, the trip is a suffering one. Unless you are just going for RIDING only. Else your trip will not be enjoying since always rushing around and on the road.

Day 1 to hatyai
    Day 2 hatyai to bangkok
    Day 3 bangkok to siem reap (siem reap? aren't you going to explore around angkor??? at least 2 full days. yes you need to watch the sunset too, up the hill.)
    Day 4 & 5 as above.
    Day 6 ride to phnom penh.....(for sure you need to spend one night for rest..)
    Day 7 as above
    Day 8 ??kep kampor...
    Day 9...way too tired to plan already.

For me I need at least 19 days for the above so as to enjoy fully and at least explore around where I am. Not simply touch and go.

Great to see this thread
    I'm sure my Varadero can make it, unfortunately it's the rider that fails.

Upz for a great trip!

From your itinerary, the trip is a suffering one. Unless you are just going for RIDING only. Else your trip will not be enjoying since always rushing around and on the road.

Day 1 to hatyai
    Day 2 hatyai to bangkok
    Day 3 bangkok to siem reap (siem reap? aren't you going to explore around angkor??? at least 2 full days. yes you need to watch the sunset too, up the hill.)
    Day 4 & 5 as above.
    Day 6 ride to phnom penh.....(for sure you need to spend one night for rest..)
    Day 7 as above
    Day 8 ??kep kampor...
    Day 9...way too tired to plan already.

For me I need at least 19 days for the above so as to enjoy fully and at least explore around where I am. Not simply touch and go.

good try... but I'm not planning my trip along that line, it definately wont be just touch and go.

My firm plans are 1 night in Battambang, 4 nights in Siem Reap, 2 nights in Phnom Penh & 2 nights in Sihanouville. The rest of the nights are optional or rather I would say, depends on time.

Along the route, I've allocated time for stopovers to take photos/rest/food/petrol/toilet break/etc...

Brings back memories of the good ol' days:

http://www.ourfamily.com.sg/motorbike.html

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post

Great story of yours
    So you are one of those who also joined rodney in early days...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    good try... but I'm not planning my trip along that line, it definately wont be just touch and go.

My firm plans are 1 night in Battambang, 4 nights in Siem Reap, 2 nights in Phnom Penh & 2 nights in Sihanouville. The rest of the nights are optional or rather I would say, depends on time.

Along the route, I've allocated time for stopovers to take photos/rest/food/petrol/toilet break/etc...
    Just curious if you are not along that line which way will you take?
    You will need to malaysia -> hatyai(1 night ) -> bangkok(1 night ) -> poipot/sisophon -> battambang(1 night) -> siem reap(4 night) -> phnom penh(2 night) -> sihanouville(2 night) ..right?

Just from the above alone is already more than 11 days 1 way for me...not considering return journey. Maybe your stopping point along the route is different but the numbers of days more or less will not have different.

Since I had travelled few times and think it is not possible to make it a good trip in 16 days without touch and go style of torturous riding. You advice will be greatly appreaciated for my future route if going again.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post

From your site 5 years ago, I inspired to buy my current bike, a DR650. The DR is still with me. Biking is still the best way to go for me though I do drive for family ferrying.

Cheers,
    Harry

just bought a GSR600 ..
    maybe next round

Since I had travelled few times and think it is not possible to make it a good trip in 16 days without touch and go style of torturous riding. You advice will be greatly appreaciated for my future route if going again.
    My plan is to set off at midnight and reach Hatyai by noon. Booking a train ticket to BKK, I'll put the bike + me on the train for an overnight trip, hence reaching BKK by the next morning. Will cross Poipet and ETA in Battambang is 7pm on DAY 2.

Will spend the morning riding to Phnom Sampeau on DAY 3 and then in the noon will depart to Siem Reap, ETA 7pm. DAY 4 to DAY 6 to explore the Angkor temples. DAY 7 Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. DAY 8 visit the attractions in PP, including riding out to Choeung Ek Memorial/Tonle Bati/Ta Prohm/Phnom Chisor.

DAY 9 will go to Kep for a crab lunch, take some photos of the French structual buildings in Kampot, visit the eerie Bokor Hill and will either end my night in Sihanoukville or Kampot (depending on time availbility). DAY 10 in Sihanoukville. DAY 11 ride to Koh Kong, through Trat and then stayover at prolly Pattaya. DAY 12 relax on the beach at Pattaya. DAY 13 prolly to Kachanaburi (if time permits). DAY 14 prolly to Chumphon. DAY 15 to Hatyai. DAY 16 ETA 2100hrs in SG.

The 4 nights in Pattaya, Kachanaburi, and Chumphon are optional, depending on the time availability.

Ah yes. What memories. I used to ride Honda ST1100 then went to Gold Wing. Nice bikes on the highway but a torture on dirt road. A trail bike would be ideal such as BMW R11. Sure would love to join if I am still riding. I never had a boring moment riding a bike long distance. Rode all over Malaysia, and I mean ALL over. Even went to Bangkok and back. I miss those good old days.
    Last edited by jbma; 1st March 2007 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simon80 View Post
    just bought a GSR600 ..
    maybe next round
    Same here, next round. 10 more days to go and I'm not ready to take good pics yet. Also this month I'm very tied up. So no touring for a while.

My Completed Trip Report:
    www.pauche.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast