Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1002

Thread: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

  1. #581
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Interesting - just compare SAF's comments (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...398168&cc=4716) to Moanrinho's (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...98142&cc=4716).

    SAF would never blast his players in public, whereas Jose has no qualms about it. That's why, whatever happens, SAF will always have the respect of his players, whereas Chelsea will only attract the mercenary type looking for the big bucks e.g. Cashley Cole.

    ***** Happy New Year to all fellow Devils *****
    Last edited by RSU; 31st December 2006 at 10:12 PM.

  2. #582
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    SAF seldom blast his players in public. Even with RVN, Roy Keane and Becks, what was actually said never really got confirmation in it. Rossi coming back, Larsson arrived and with ole's return and form, I think our strikers are quite covered.

    Roy Keane seem to enjoy raiding Utd's youngsters. Either he got no $$$ to buy or dunno who to buy or afraid of making his first biggie transfer deal.

    Mourinho is a clever guy. He knows/hopes by blasting his players in public, they will wake up their f**king idea and galvanise them. But it can backfire if his players loose confidence in him.

  3. #583
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    SAF seldom blast his players in public. Even with RVN, Roy Keane and Becks, what was actually said never really got confirmation in it. Rossi coming back, Larsson arrived and with ole's return and form, I think our strikers are quite covered.

    Roy Keane seem to enjoy raiding Utd's youngsters. Either he got no $$$ to buy or dunno who to buy or afraid of making his first biggie transfer deal.

    Mourinho is a clever guy. He knows/hopes by blasting his players in public, they will wake up their f**king idea and galvanise them. But it can backfire if his players loose confidence in him.
    With such a big squad and many of them not playing regular football, there are already discontentment in the changing room and the recent labelling of some of his players as "untouchable", I am sure, has affected the morale of some of them. The public lambasting of his players is not going to help an already fragile situation. I can only see one way i.e. more draws and defeat, which is good for us.

  4. #584
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2


  5. #585

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    arghh! saha, ronaldo and park all had great chances in the 1st half!
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  6. #586

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    man u only wake up when newcastle scored 2nd goal
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  7. #587

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Rooney as usual screw it up again , SAF still likes him so much , unwillingly to throw him out, he seems to be in dreamland everytime , just wonder when man u will drop this highly OVER-rated england ' golden boy ' from the first eleven. Can someone pls tell SAF to drop Rooney if he seriously want to challenge the EPL title ?? he squander so many chances given by his team-mates , give away balls , poor finishing once again.

  8. #588

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    without rooney, man u wouldnt have as much possession as they had. i would say hes the physically strongest player in our squad right now and hes playing something like a target man...
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  9. #589

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    without rooney, man u wouldnt have as much possession as they had. i would say hes the physically strongest player in our squad right now and hes playing something like a target man...
    are u kidding? he is the one who keeps giving the ball away .. u can count yrself and see the stats next time .. football is not abt physically strong anyway, we dun need a boxer right ?lol
    or rather we need someone swift and intelligent player , for example paul scholes , giggs , not sumtin like emile heskey

  10. #590

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    he is just a clumsy fellow anyhow passing the ball around , if u watch last night match against newcastle u know wat i mean , i dun anyhow give this kind of conclusion , i have seen him playing so lousily for the past ten matches , luckily there are saha , ronaldno , ole to cover those goals that manu needed to win matches , he scores , but once in a blue moon . anyway man u cannot rely him to score goals

  11. #591
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    he is just a clumsy fellow anyhow passing the ball around , if u watch last night match against newcastle u know wat i mean , i dun anyhow give this kind of conclusion , i have seen him playing so lousily for the past ten matches , luckily there are saha , ronaldno , ole to cover those goals that manu needed to win matches , he scores , but once in a blue moon . anyway man u cannot rely him to score goals
    Hahahaha....... lucky we got Larsson available from the next match! But SAHA out on grion injury! Hope that Larsson will provide additional bite in front score more goals although we score average 3 goals but not enough jus look at match against Reading! conceding las min goal which is a trend nowadays!

  12. #592

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Draw at St James' Park is ok for me. Losing there then .

  13. #593
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    without rooney, man u wouldnt have as much possession as they had. i would say hes the physically strongest player in our squad right now and hes playing something like a target man...
    To me he is over rate.....for that kind of money.....you can buy the best striker in the world and guaratee you goals day in day out

  14. #594
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Draw at St James' Park is ok for me. Losing there then .
    Luckily Chelski also draw...not too bad huh

  15. #595
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    At least we are still 6 points ahead. Could have been more if we had won at West Ham and Newcastle.

  16. #596

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Luckily Chelski also draw...not too bad huh
    Phew... didn't manage to catch the Chelski match... couldn't sleep well last night cos' of that... Yeah!!! Hope Man U can maintain this healthy lead all the way
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

  17. #597
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Luckily Chelski also draw...not too bad huh
    Luckystill able to maintain 6pts lead! but Gunners n Reds are gaining on them!

  18. #598

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    yeah! lucky chelsea also draw
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  19. #599

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    are u kidding? he is the one who keeps giving the ball away .. u can count yrself and see the stats next time .. football is not abt physically strong anyway, we dun need a boxer right ?lol
    or rather we need someone swift and intelligent player , for example paul scholes , giggs , not sumtin like emile heskey

    he is just a clumsy fellow anyhow passing the ball around , if u watch last night match against newcastle u know wat i mean , i dun anyhow give this kind of conclusion , i have seen him playing so lousily for the past ten matches , luckily there are saha , ronaldno , ole to cover those goals that manu needed to win matches , he scores , but once in a blue moon . anyway man u cannot rely him to score goals
    yes hes giving the ball away on numerous times nowadays. but u can also count the number of times he fight back the ball. and also many times, he uses his body to nudge the marker away to get back the ball. yes, football is not only about being physically strong. but if a player is physically strong, that is an added advantage. do u think rooney will be as effective if he was weak like fletcher?

    yes, rooney issnt scoring now. he issnt on form. and so is saha. both of them issnt providing the goals. but when they are on form, i see rooney being a much more useful/better asset than saha. and rooney is like 4 or 5 years younger.
    another point to note, rooney issn't an all-out striker. hes the bridge between our midfields and strikers.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  20. #600

    Default Re: To Man Utd Fans... Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    To me he is over rate.....for that kind of money.....you can buy the best striker in the world and guaratee you goals day in day out
    yes, for 30m u can buy best striker in the world, when they are 28-31 yrs old like sheva. but i would say its the best buy from SAF since hes only 19 when man u bought him. and who knows what this beast will become? with his talented brain and more experienced, i feel it would be a deadly combo.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •