Thread: Borders discount coupon

Default Borders discount coupon

Hi guys, i remember i saw a borders discount coupon from straits times last week, but i can't remember what day.. anyone remember?

i remember it is like 20% discount, anyone know about it?

Thank you.. i just can't find their website or any info from internet..

Default Re: borders discount coupon

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    Hi guys, i remember i saw a borders discount coupon from straits times last week, but i can't remember what day.. anyone remember?

i remember it is like 20% discount, anyone know about it?

Thank you.. i just can't find their website or any info from internet..
    discount over last saturday, it was 30% off books. Wait for another advertisement from the paper.

wah..sad ah..ha. Thanks sigg.. =)

if the cashier asks you if you want to sign up for their emailing list, you could give it a go.

from that avenue I've already received some discount coupons - not very frequent (some of them are for Oz and NZ stores only) but i have already managed to use a 20% coupon once.

wah..sad ah..ha. Thanks sigg.. =)
    I believe they have it once in a while on the weekend papers (saturday?)... Just keep your eyes open.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

Quote Originally Posted by brian
    I believe they have it once in a while on the weekend papers (saturday?)... Just keep your eyes open.
    30c for 10 dollars of saving( avg.)..why not?

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    30c for 10 dollars of saving( avg.)..why not?
    30c? do you mean newspaper? it is 80cents?

Hi Snappers,
    This is my two cents worth.

Why not subscribe to the Kino card? You just have to pay like $20 every year but you get 10% discounts all year round - that's if you tend to buy a lot of books, the discounts you receive each purchase will add up to wat you pay for the membership. Especially if you buy a lot of photography books in which at one time, I had a discount of more than $12 at one purchase.

Because when Borders have such promotions, by the time I reach their shop, the book that I want is out of stock so yeah, even I have their coupon also no use...

On a sidenote, I am not a staff with Kinokuniya.
    Last edited by mich_2103; 18th August 2006 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Why not subscribe to the Kino card? You just have to pay like $20 every year but you get 10% discounts all year round - that's if you tend to buy a lot of books, the discounts you receive each purchase will add up to wat you pay for the membership. Especially if you buy a lot of photography books in which at one time, I had a discount of more than $12 at one purchase.
    Not that you are wrong, but going to tell u all a true story...

Once upon a time, there was a 7-11 store. He was thirsty, so he went into the store, went to the cold drinks section, and grabbed a 500ml bottle of coke.

At the cashier, he was told one for $1.65, two for $2. Hmmm... he then thought, "I pay 35 cents more for a 2nd bottle that I will never drink, and give them away to my friends waiting outside."

Anyway, he went back and got a 2nd bottle, paid $2 for them. He came out, and felt 35 cents poorer after he gave the other bottle of coke to his friends.

However, i still fell for the same trick which I already knew drawn by the "cheap" 2nd bottle not long later...

Moral of the story: Businessmen are EVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by igpenguin
    if the cashier asks you if you want to sign up for their emailing list, you could give it a go.
    from that avenue I've already received some discount coupons - not very frequent (some of them are for Oz and NZ stores only) but i have already managed to use a 20% coupon once.
    I agree with igpenguin. I signed up with their mailing list when I was at their store and every once in 1-2 weeks, I receive 20% off on selected (i.e. sometimes it's only non-fiction/fiction/kids etc.) books via email. Pretty good deal..

Remember to only use the Singapore Coupons though. They tend to send Aussie and NZ Borders newsletters and discount coupons via email too.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I think the moral of that story is that people just do not want to pass up on a good deal.
    Last edited by cityofangels; 18th August 2006 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Not that you are wrong, but going to tell u all a true story...

Once upon a time, there was a 7-11 store. He was thirsty, so he went into the store, went to the cold drinks section, and grabbed a 500ml bottle of coke.

At the cashier, he was told one for $1.65, two for $2. Hmmm... he then thought, "I pay 35 cents more for a 2nd bottle that I will never drink, and give them away to my friends waiting outside."

Anyway, he went back and got a 2nd bottle, paid $2 for them. He came out, and felt 35 cents poorer after he gave the other bottle of coke to his friends.

However, i still fell for the same trick which I already knew drawn by the "cheap" 2nd bottle not long later...

or sell that bottle to your friend $1.65? ha.

But paying $20 for a one year membership may be a good idea.. but i am not heavy book buyer..

i think of getting a lonely planet book that is $50, so if i got that 30%, it is $35.. so anyone know when borders will have discount day again? ha.

But paying $20 for a one year membership may be a good idea.. but i am not heavy book buyer..

i think of getting a lonely planet book that is $50, so if i got that 30%, it is $35.. so anyone know when borders will have discount day again? ha.
    If its a one off thing, better to wait for the coupon (especially if its not that urgent). If I was a heavy book buyer, I'd wait to have a lot of books to buy and get them from amazon.com... But then again, its nice to support people like kino once in a while (i.e. I buy magazines from there more than books).
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events