Thread: which to choose!!? lens i mean

Default which to choose!!? lens i mean

sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5 $930 at TCW
    Its waaaaay waaaaay cheaper than oter shops. when the sales person told me i was shocked.
    other places were like $1050, $1060,$1025 but they're selling at $930 first hand. is it a good deal????

sigma 14mm f2.8 $1300

i know i know u guys out there gonna tell me I should save up to get an L lens but think its too ex.

my eyes are on the 14mm now...hmmm....

comments???
    which would u choose...the bazooka or the widddddeeeeee?

Default Re: which to choose!!? lens i mean

Originally posted by eadwine
    sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5 $930 at TCW
    Its waaaaay waaaaay cheaper than oter shops. when the sales person told me i was shocked.
    other places were like $1050, $1060,$1025 but they're selling at $930 first hand. is it a good deal????

sigma 14mm f2.8 $1300

i know i know u guys out there gonna tell me I should save up to get an L lens but think its too ex.

my eyes are on the 14mm now...hmmm....

comments???
    which would u choose...the bazooka or the widddddeeeeee?
    Eadwine,
    if these are the lens you are considering, I would go for the the 15-30mm anytime. Ask yourself; how often are you going to use the 2.8 with a 14mm, how badly do you need that extra 1mm and also ask yourself how much more useful it will be able to zoom in and out.

Err, if you still want to listen to my honest opinion on this. I would still ask you to go for a second hand L lens. Since you mentioned, you are willing to spend $1300 on the 14mm f2.8, I would suggest you get a second hand Canon 17-35L (which I already told you about or you can always go to a second hand shop where they are selling close to that price at great condition)...

Tell me what you think.

(I been thru these myself, I bought all the Canon USM lens cos they are affordable but ended up selling all of them and buying all L... it will be so much more expensiver then)