View Poll Results: Quality of MCS shows

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Good

    0 0%
  • Good

    1 1.67%
  • Average

    9 15.00%
  • Bad

    16 26.67%
  • Really Bad

    34 56.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: MediaCorp shows

  1. #41

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    hai....really tolong la mediacorp...
    every yr pay 100+ yet the standard is...

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    wonder if anyone dun pay tv license bcos they dun watch tv program (only watch DVD)

  3. #43

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    wonder if anyone dun pay tv license bcos they dun watch tv program (only watch DVD)

    If at home dont have any TV set [Is True my House] still need to pay the TV license ?????
    5D : 50mm f1.4, 17-35mm f2.8-4, 100 /2.8 Soft, 70-300mm APO Marco, 5600

  4. #44

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by jacker
    If at home dont have any TV set [Is True my House] still need to pay the TV license ?????
    U still need to pay unless u declare u don't own a TV.


    .

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    wonder if anyone dun pay tv license bcos they dun watch tv program (only watch DVD)
    wonder y i need to pay tv license when i already pay starhub, is that double billing? starhub states its free to watch those channels that i dun wanna watch (those FREE TO AIR) and i pay for those that i wanna watch...

    maybe should write in ST forums...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #46

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    MCS

    Only CNA not bad

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queen Astrid Park
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    wonder y i need to pay tv license when i already pay starhub, is that double billing? starhub states its free to watch those channels that i dun wanna watch (those FREE TO AIR) and i pay for those that i wanna watch...

    maybe should write in ST forums...
    haha. i doubt you will have a choice.. everybody also wanna make money. if you don't pay.. Mediacorp gone case.. since their shows are like .

  8. #48
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed.CJ
    haha. i doubt you will have a choice.. everybody also wanna make money. if you don't pay.. Mediacorp gone case.. since their shows are like .
    If transfer MCS to USA, I wonder how long it can last there.

  9. #49

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed.CJ
    haha. i doubt you will have a choice.. everybody also wanna make money. if you don't pay.. Mediacorp gone case.. since their shows are like .
    I think the TV license money goes to MDA, not Mediacorp.

    Which funds programmes that educates, those programmes we usually call crap.


    .

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bukit Timah, Singapore
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    U still need to pay unless u declare u don't own a TV.


    .

    Ha Ha... reminds me of the time i wrote to the Media Development Authority asking for a waiver of the tv license as i loath local programming and only watch cable. I even volunteered to go to a commissioner of oath to swear never to watch local TV channels again…

    As expected… I got no reply….

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmedora
    Ha Ha... reminds me of the time i wrote to the Media Development Authority asking for a waiver of the tv license as i loath local programming and only watch cable. I even volunteered to go to a commissioner of oath to swear never to watch local TV channels again…

    As expected… I got no reply….
    suppose i guess u need a petition to get it started... wonder y nobody ever do strikes around here... and i doubt they'll broadcast or report tis news...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #52

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    I am so disappointed with MediaCorp shows that I hardly watch TV anymore these days. They just tirelessly show the same old old old movies again and again. Some of the movies had been shown at least once every year since my university days which was long time ago.

    Besides that, the quality of the shows are apalling. The hosts are always the same old faces again from my uni days till now, with the same poor taste jokes. It is NOT enjoyment but a torture or even an insult to the intelligence of the viewers to watch those programs.

    What I don't understand is how can such a lousy TV station be more popular than channel U? I am really puzzled
    Last edited by barracuda; 19th August 2006 at 09:07 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    ever since PCK went off the air, i don't really turn to channel 5.

    sometimesi really wish i had cable tv....

  14. #54
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    I am so disappointed with MediaCorp shows that I hardly watch TV anymore these days. They just tirelessly show the same old old old movies again and again. Some of the movies had been shown at least once every year since my university days which was long time ago.

    Besides that, the quality of the shows are apalling. The hosts are always the same old faces again from my uni days till now, with the same poor taste jokes. It is NOT enjoyment but a torture or even an insult to the intelligence of the viewers to watch those programs.

    What I don't understand is how can such a lousy TV station be more popular than channel U? I am really puzzled
    Precisly! And you find it funny that MCS complains about not making profits?

    It's absolutely lousy, no taste, boring!
    ABC DJ? My Sassy Neighbour? Police & Thief? Maggi & Me?
    Oh god! Very low taste!

  15. #55

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    Precisly! And you find it funny that MCS complains about not making profits?

    It's absolutely lousy, no taste, boring!
    ABC DJ? My Sassy Neighbour? Police & Thief? Maggi & Me?
    Oh god! Very low taste!

    the shows you guys mentioned are supposed to be comedies rite? they're not funny at all. especially ABC DJ. At least the chinese side has got better stuff there.

  16. #56
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by gerald15388
    the shows you guys mentioned are supposed to be comedies rite? they're not funny at all. especially ABC DJ. At least the chinese side has got better stuff there.
    I laugh cos it's very lame, not cos it's truly funny.

  17. #57

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    MCS shows? The votes say it all ...

  18. #58

    Default Re: MediaCorp shows

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    I laugh cos it's very lame, not cos it's truly funny.

    haaahaa.. yea.. especially that korean guy from ABC DJ. think he's korean or wadever la. his slang makes my hair stand...

    aiya.. can't they just bring back PCK...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •