Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A case of double standard

Default Re: A case of double standard

so now the air is cleared? and I thought these kind of stuff occurs to certain individuals in CS only.

Default Re: A case of double standard

Quote Originally Posted by joeyao
    I never expected my comments to give rise to such strong emotions, reactions and wrath.
    Likewise I never expected you to believe posting a sensitive topic like "Double standard" to be taken lightly especially on CS.

I have read and re-read PE's comments. Perhaps my grasp of the English language is not so good but I did not find any link between this statement "This must have been taken very close using a 50mm lens." and the rest of his comments. I interpret this statement "This must have been taken very close using a 50mm lens." as a stand alone statement. Of course, I may be wrong. In the entire context of his comments, the statements "Taking of nesting birds are not encouraged at all and it is does more harm to the bird.
    Nesting birds are most vulnerable and any disturbance to the nest may force the parents to abandon the nest and even their chicks. Hence such shots are not encouraged at all."
    has to be read separately. If not he would have written "Taking of nesting birds up close or with short lenses are not encouraged at all and it is does more harm to the bird."
    Theres nothing about your grasp of English , its just your wrong intepretation. And yes you are wrong to read the 50mm sentence as standalone.

And after my explanation and others comments, if you still choose to read it the way you want, theres nothing I can do too.

Therefore I did not mislead in any way when I left out the statement "This must have been taken very close using a 50mm lens."
    Having accused a CS mod practising double standards and yet missing out information that may change the whole context of the message is considered misleading to me.

I believe PE and I have explained enough to clarify on "double standard" issue. If I may suggest in future, try to clarify before jumping into conclusion.

Last but not least, thanks for everyone feedback. Its these feedbacks that help CS to become a better online forum.

Thread is closed.

PS : btw such threads should be posted under the Feedback forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12