Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 350d or d70s

Default Re: 350d or d70s

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Well this is my first Canon and all I can say is, coming from the Nikon camp, it didn't take me very long(as I said, less than 1 hour overall) to find what I needed. Everything's labeled as it should be and didn't pose a problem, not one bit. So I'd say interface-wise, the 350D feels fine for me. I've tried a 10D and it's also pretty good, ditto the 30D though I must say I haven't had much time with the 30D to really give a fair comment.

As for Nikon D70, haven't tried it but have tried a friend's D50 and again it's the same, doesn't take me too long to get the hang of it.
    I have used the 20D and took me about 10mins to get the hang of it's controls w/o referring to the manual. There are a few niggles here and there but overall, it is way better than the 350D IMO. I had to refer to the manual for the 350D to learn how to change/override it's automated AF point selection.

Deregistered

IMHO

D70s

Try 1st the buy what you like is the best suggestion .
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

now that i learned that D70/s has no monochome feature and has big cf card, i guess i'd settle for the D50 for the mean time till the D80 is out in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    I have used the 20D and took me about 10mins to get the hang of it's controls w/o referring to the manual. There are a few niggles here and there but overall, it is way better than the 350D IMO. I had to refer to the manual for the 350D to learn how to change/override it's automated AF point selection.
    I thought the AF point pretty straight foward like any canon SLR / DSLR.
    (e.g. thumb button followed by the main dial to toggle the AF points)

in the 350D there's even a shortcut using the buttons on the back panel,
    (.e.g. thumb button, then the centre button "SET" for centre or full auto, or the up, down, <,>, to specific AF point. I find this very useful, as I usually use centre AF point, so if I need full auto AF, I just press thumbAF then the set button.)

for AF points setting, shouldn't be much difference with Nikon?

Quote Originally Posted by manila gorila
    now that i learned that D70/s has no monochome feature and has big cf card, i guess i'd settle for the D50 for the mean time till the D80 is out in the market.
    I dun see the need for a monochome feature. Can post process the pic to your desire.

When I was chosing which dSLR to buy, I compared these two models as well. It took me almost half a year to decide.

I chose the D70S for -better build quality, better 'looks', better 'sound', and overall better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    I dun see the need for a monochome feature. Can post process the pic to your desire.

When I was chosing which dSLR to buy, I compared these two models as well. It took me almost half a year to decide.

I chose the D70S for -better build quality, better 'looks', better 'sound', and overall better value for money.
    hahaha better "sound" ... like buying a sound system like that ...

I must say that the 350D sound really makes me feel like I am shooting with a expensive toy .." Chic ~geeee " dont like it and in fact feel that the sound of the shutter flip is the biggest turn off everytime after taking a image but you should not be actually bothered by the sound of the shutter but I do

Smile Re: 350d or d70s

I am a newbie waiting for D80 to come out... so tat i can get a D70s!!..

I like Nikon cos the nikon word sounds nice ... =))

Naoko

Quote Originally Posted by Naoko

Naoko
    What the......

Naoko
    best ....

Naoko
    Nikon
    But pls do go and try out all the cameras u think umay like, cos there are certain functions or buttons u may or may not like. So get a feel of the cameras and choose wisely!!

I feel the ergonomics of Nikon is better, although I am a Canon user. Nikon also has the advantage of having direct access to important functions such as ISO adjustment, amongst others. Canon has to zoom through menus using the LCD except for it's higher end models.

I think for consumer models, stick to Nikon. If I were to get a pro model, then Canon also provides excellent ergonomics.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by rokieto

(.e.g. thumb button, then the centre button "SET" for centre or full auto, or the up, down, <,>, to specific AF point. I find this very useful, as I usually use centre AF point, so if I need full auto AF, I just press thumbAF then the set button.)

I don't remember it being that straightforward/inituitive or the same as the D70s or 20D otherwise I would not have had to refer to the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    I don't remember it being that straightforward/inituitive or the same as the D70s or 20D otherwise I would not have had to refer to the manual.
    ahh, forgot this is newbie corner....
    AF selection is not much an issue between canon & nikon, once you found out how, it becomes "intuitive" it is pretty much the same thing. At least for me lah.

I 2nd your opinion. Me a 350D user.

I don't find toggling between focusing point for 350D complicated. I am switching focusing point for almost every shot as I usually shoot at pretty shallow DOF.

eh sounds abit chim, maybe im thinking too much.
    anyway for nikon d50/70s, changing AF point is a breeze, just use the directional pad and click left/right/up/down to the AF point you want, no other button is needed.

as for AF mode like AF-S or AF-C, d50 will have to go thru a menu but d70s can just changing using shortcut button.

ahh, forgot this is newbie corner....
    AF selection is not much an issue between canon & nikon, once you found out how, it becomes "intuitive" it is pretty much the same thing. At least for me lah.

If you have to learn how then it isn't intuitive is it?

Intuition
    The act or faculty of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes; immediate cognition.

i m also a newbie and i m using the CP5700 to shoot pictures of my fish . Problem is , i cant get to shoot pics of moving objects(my fish) most of the time thet r very blur n only once in a very blue moon i'll get clear pics .

After seeing some shots of another guy shooting his fish .. someone asked him what cam he's using and his reply was - I am using Nikon D70S with 50mm/F1.8.

I m still undecided between the D70s n the 350D . My question is ... can a normal D70s or 350D with standard kit lens come with the above setting ?

image courtesy of my0000

Quote Originally Posted by flightspeed
    i m also a newbie and i m using the CP5700 to shoot pictures of my fish . Problem is , i cant get to shoot pics of moving objects(my fish) most of the time thet r very blur n only once in a very blue moon i'll get clear pics .

After seeing some shots of another guy shooting his fish .. someone asked him what cam he's using and his reply was - I am using Nikon D70S with 50mm/F1.8.

I m still undecided between the D70s n the 350D . My question is ... can a normal D70s or 350D with standard kit lens come with the above setting ?
    eh what do you mean by above setting? you didn't provide any setting above?
    d70s = Camera
    50mm/F1.8 = Lens
    so there is no setting.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    eh what do you mean by above setting? you didn't provide any setting above?
    d70s = Camera
    50mm/F1.8 = Lens
    so there is no setting.
    opps those r not settings ah ? lol .. goes to show how newbie i am ...

So do the standard kit lens for both these cams come with the above lens ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast