Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: When do you use a bounce card vs omnibounce?

  1. #1

    Default When do you use a bounce card vs omnibounce?

    Pardon my ignorance, but in what situations would you prefer to use a bounce card vs an omnibounce and why?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    I believe this has been covered not too long ago, try doing a search. If it's still not answered, I'll answer tomorrow. Sleepy liao.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    hmm this shd be a sticky...

    omnibounce if u are in a room with whitish walls nearby.. the OMNI will direct the flash into all directions for extra bouncy softness, macam Clairol Herbal... but factors are wall shininess, flash power and wall colour...

    if u are in the middle of nowhere and u want to soften the flash, use the card; to diffuse the glare, but the shine will still be headon.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    hmm this shd be a sticky...

    omnibounce if u are in a room with whitish walls nearby.. the OMNI will direct the flash into all directions for extra bouncy softness, macam Clairol Herbal... but factors are wall shininess, flash power and wall colour...

    if u are in the middle of nowhere and u want to soften the flash, use the card; to diffuse the glare, but the shine will still be headon.
    finally... someone who knows the real purpose of the Omnibounce!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    hmm this shd be a sticky...

    omnibounce if u are in a room with whitish walls nearby.. the OMNI will direct the flash into all directions for extra bouncy softness, macam Clairol Herbal... but factors are wall shininess, flash power and wall colour...

    if u are in the middle of nowhere and u want to soften the flash, use the card; to diffuse the glare, but the shine will still be headon.
    I should really really do a FAQ man. If I can get down to it.

    Regards
    CK

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by mervlam


    finally... someone who knows the real purpose of the Omnibounce!
    yeah that's why I never buy LOL LOL LOL...

    ck u shd... next time "FAQ YOU! READ THE FAQING FAQ!"
    haha gremlin no offence... joking..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    SB80DX came with one "omnibounce"-like diffusion dome.... the guide just said that it diffuses like from the flash more than normal bounce flash, allowint you to soften the light from the flash and elimiate shadows..... best results when the flash is tilted 60 degrees....
    Last edited by mpenza; 8th January 2003 at 12:26 AM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  8. #8

    Default

    the best method is tilt the flash 180 backwards, get a assistant with a large reflector behind, then fire away. IMHO btw..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    SB80DX came with one "omnibounce"-like dome....
    basically u just need something to catch the flare sideways...
    I use those mini white plastic bags, no colour cast.. hehe
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sgp/China/TW
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    basically u just need something to catch the flare sideways...
    I use those mini white plastic bags, no colour cast.. hehe
    u wanna try ' O darling ' tissue.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •