Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: light meter

  1. #41

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Just a question... does students also like to cook too?? Like photobum???

    How about opening a cafe for Photographers??? lol....
    Why don't you ask him yourself?

    The last time in Tokyo, I came across a pair of shoto and daito katanas, they cost 8 million yen.

    You may be interested to watch this.
    Last edited by photobum; 27th August 2006 at 08:04 AM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Why don't you ask him yourself?

    The last time in Tokyo, I came across a pair of shoto and daito katanas, they cost 8 million yen.

    You may be interested to watch this.
    Actually, I am asking him, but combine all questions into 1 post..


    Also,
    I doubt there is any specialised cafe for photographers.... have anyone seen one in Singapore yet?? Any one knows????? Thank you all...


    And thanks for your link... it is sure very interesting to see how they make the blade..... cool!!! ALso, how much is 8 mil yen???
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 27th August 2006 at 05:47 PM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  3. #43

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    ALso, how much is 8 mil yen???
    According to the latest SGD-to-Yen exchange rate, 8 million yen is about SGD98,500.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    According to the latest SGD-to-Yen exchange rate, 8 million yen is about SGD98,500.
    Wah.......... that is so expensive.... a display set is only$350 like this only.... but guess those are different grade... $100K, I think I prefer to buy L lens, 5D, etc...... maybe a car..... $100K for a sword??? so expensive.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  5. #45

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Just a question... does students also like to cook too?? Like photobum???
    Nothing fancy. I can cook up a meal for the family. Had to learn this when I was working overseas.

    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoon
    How about opening a cafe for Photographers??? lol....
    If my memory serves me right, there was an attempt some years ago. But did not succeed.

    I had talked with Zhong Ling (Riceball) on such a concept a couple of days ago. He was thinking of such an idea too! But this has to succeed commercially, especially when it is in a good location, such as around the Peninsula area.

    Are people willing to help make it succeed? It means going to him to buy books, etc.

    It means spending money.

    The type of mentality I see here in CS will be a guarantee that such a venture will fail quite certainly, and I will advise Zhong Ling to be more careful.

  6. #46

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    $100K for a sword??? so expensive.....
    I think so too. That's why I prefer kitchen knives. More practical and useful. To use a katana to slice carrots is overkill.

    FYI, the best of katanas can slice through a bullet in flight.

    Check this out.

  7. #47

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    The type of mentality I see here in CS will be a guarantee that such a venture will fail quite certainly, and I will advise Zhong Ling to be more careful.
    Doc, I couldn't agree with you more. Some people here are pain in the rear.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    Are people willing to help make it succeed? It means going to him to buy books, etc.

    It means spending money.

    The type of mentality I see here in CS will be a guarantee that such a venture will fail quite certainly, and I will advise Zhong Ling to be more careful.
    Hee... hee.... for riceball to survive, it is also already a big big challenge... I think.... I believe quite a bit of browser than actual buyer over there too... I have bought from him twice..... and hope that he can continue to survive in this tough environment...

    A book shop cum cafe.... plus training ctr... all high cost... and no gurantee to survive.... nah... sg cost of doing any damn business is too high... before you start, you are already handicapped by taxes, and high cost......
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: light meter

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    I think so too. That's why I prefer kitchen knives. More practical and useful. To use a katana to slice carrots is overkill.

    FYI, the best of katanas can slice through a bullet in flight.

    Check this out.
    You sure have a lot of such links.... but COOL siah!!! I thought only in comic do you see katana slice bullets... now, I know it is true... but the question... will you be able to actually anticipate the bullet path and strong enough to hold the blade at point of impact???

    A good knife will be slicing as good as a katana I suppose.... so it is still useful in many ways....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •