Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

Default Re: Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

I remember this story about Mother Teresa that whenever there were disruptions to her routine or programme, e.g. car break down while travelling, she would cheerfully invite those concerned to take a break and have tea with her.

Think of it, ya, there's more to life than to frustrate over the inconveniences, and lost photographic opportunities. So what we miss the loveliest sun set in the cloud. So what we can't take pictures of our vacations.

Instead of muttering why this and why that, perhaps sometimes we should ask why not. Why not just enjoy the scene. Why not just smell the roses (die die must take their pictures meh?). Why not spend all the time with our loved ones while travelling.

Philosophical...well, that's how life-changing events like this sometimes get us to reflect and ponder.

See the latest Changi Airport official website.
    Looks like they allow liquids except for UK or US bound flights
    http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ml?__locale=en

Don't know those P&S camera also ban or not? Otherwise just bring P&S camera when going to US or UK for holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    Don't know those P&S camera also ban or not? Otherwise just bring P&S camera when going to US or UK for holiday.
    Strictly NO electronics. Even your AA Battery operated torch is considered an electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerpunk
    Strictly NO electronics. Even your AA Battery operated torch is considered an electronic.
    abacus..
    back to stone age...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    abacus..
    back to stone age...
    at least it is not indefinate measure.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

line the bloody idiots up against the wall and I will have my turn with a baseball bat and some knee joints.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

cameras are allowed on flights in and out of US, but not out of UK. flights into UK have no restrictions
    eat. drink. shoot

Just to clarify, AFAIK, the only flights on which all handcarry baggage is banned is on those OUT of UK. On flights in and out of US, only liquids are banned from handcarry baggage, but that's for now and they might just make these measures permenant anyway.

With that, I would think it's safe to assume that the only scenario in which you can't bring electronics on board (due to the ban on handcarry baggage) is if you are flying out of UK. Then again, that's for now.

On the other hand, has anybody tried checking in cameras, in particular DSLRs? Or even laptops?
    Last edited by fw007; 13th August 2006 at 09:24 PM.

found this on STI

http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/STI/...4__%20copy.pdf

hope it is of help
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    Airline replacement payout from the last time I remember, correct me if I am wrong, is about $1500 to $2500(if you are lucky), it isn't much. That's why they have travel insurance you can cover all your personal effects and cameras for up to $40,000 if you want.
    Hmm...

On my recent trip to US about 6 weeks ago, I tried to get insurance for my camera equipment worth about $6k but could find no insurance company who will insure the camera equipment. They only have general travel insurance and you can only claim for a total of about $4k total. This is inclusive of any lost luggage, personal items etc.

If you have any contacts for insuring camera equipment, both for home content and also travel insurance, could you pass it to me? Have been looking around but can't find any.

I wonder why they didn't ban digital watches 'cos it can be used as a timer for the bomb. Recently, I watched a NG documentary on how a terrorist managed to plant a liquid bomb with a timer from a digital watch.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    I wonder why they didn't ban digital watches 'cos it can be used as a timer for the bomb. Recently, I watched a NG documentary on how a terrorist managed to plant a liquid bomb with a timer from a digital watch.
    u listing down more stuff to ban?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    otherwise we have to handcuff u all the way to the destination...
    Wow! Kinky! I like!

u listing down more stuff to ban?
    I am not someone in the authority to include more things to ban. Was only wondering why it is not included 'cos a plastic resin digital watch can be ripped apart for the timer to activate a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    I am not someone in the authority to include more things to ban. Was only wondering why it is not included 'cos a plastic resin digital watch can be ripped apart for the timer to activate a bomb.
    think they could ban G-Shock altogether...

think any watch can be a timer for a bomb, with alarm function an incentive.

perhaps next time they could ban Cola as well... see the clip on the mentos + cola... haha... potential bomb...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Wow! Kinky! I like!

If they handcuff everyone.... mayb hand luggage is allowed for tat special flight....

Imagine the air steward/stewardess feed u lunch n serves drink....
    Demand for steward/stewardess confirm go up n more jobs....(think too much liao)
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam

If they handcuff everyone.... mayb hand luggage is allowed for tat special flight....

Imagine the air steward/stewardess feed u lunch n serves drink....
    Demand for steward/stewardess confirm go up n more jobs....(think too much liao)
    i dun mind a chio air stewardess sit beside me feeding me...

think they could ban G-Shock altogether...

think any watch can be a timer for a bomb, with alarm function an incentive.

perhaps next time they could ban Cola as well... see the clip on the mentos + cola... haha... potential bomb...
    They should ban flying altogether lah.

Why take the risk... now got internet can telecommute, teleconference and if wan vacation... juz log on to those tourist promotion/photography sites.

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

next time, we have to be x-rayed. coz we can put explosive or something in our body. just like drugs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast