Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

Question Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

I'm assuming that flying to the UK and US now... no hand-carry luggage? Anyone flying to these places soon and how are you storing/packing your camera gear to bring along?

Default Re: Travel Restrictions & Camera Gear

Quote Originally Posted by ady
    I'm assuming that flying to the UK and US now... no hand-carry luggage? Anyone flying to these places soon and how are you storing/packing your camera gear to bring along?
    You can carry hand-carry baggage for flights terminating in UK. For transit to US, no hand-carry baggage is allowed only hand carry transparent plastic bags

When they decide to use the same method on subways, dun think about travelling in the MRT without a transparent barang-barang bag.

for flights from singapore to asian countries e.g. thailand, hk, china - is there any restrictions on hand-luggage?

i can't imagine packing my beloved slr and lens in a box and trusting the luggage handlers to take care of them!

tanks to these xtremist bustards can photograpic equipments will be no more be hand carryed on to the pane anymore since the electronic from camera body/flesh can trigger a spark to explore

Quote Originally Posted by satch
    for flights from singapore to asian countries e.g. thailand, hk, china - is there any restrictions on hand-luggage?

i can't imagine packing my beloved slr and lens in a box and trusting the luggage handlers to take care of them!

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    When they decide to use the same method on subways, dun think about travelling in the MRT without a transparent barang-barang bag.

should get Lowepro to redesign their bags already, using transparent PVC, no sponge, use air cushioning, meaning a lighter overall bag... limited super exclusive edition... Helium filled bag...

anybody into making bags? any idea if its feasible?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

So now, we can no longer take pics from the plane's window?
    That's quite sad considering that sometimes the view can be very stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    tanks to these xtremist bustards can photograpic equipments will be no more be hand carryed on to the pane anymore since the electronic from camera body/flesh can trigger a spark to explore

read somewhere that the terrorists were thinking of using the flash from a disposable camera to trigger off the explosives... ...wow...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    Can we confirm this?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Confirm.
    It is in the newspapers today. ST.
    The days of hand carrying expensive cameras on flights are over.
    You can store camera in luggage.
    It can be checked in.
    Luggage can and do get lost. Or items stolen. Or sent mistakenly to another country (not the one you are touring).
    They are ALWAYS thrown around by fed-up overworked baggage handlers.
    If travelling to Indonesia and their customs staff check that you have an extremely expensive camera in the luggage, well you know what is likely to happen.
    Don't try putting in your $$$Gold M6 and mint $$$ lenses into checked-in luggage.
    From now on bring only extremely cheap and small cameras for tours.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Confirm.
    It is in the newspapers today. ST.
    The days of hand carrying expensive cameras on flights are over.
    You can store camera in luggage.
    It can be checked in.
    Luggage can and do get lost. Or items stolen. Or sent mistakenly to another country (not the one you are touring).
    They are ALWAYS thrown around by fed-up overworked baggage handlers.
    If travelling to Indonesia and their customs staff check that you have an extremely expensive camera in the luggage, well you know what is likely to happen.
    Don't try putting in your $$$Gold M6 and mint $$$ lenses into checked-in luggage.
    From now on bring only extremely cheap and small cameras for tours.
    Your camera in check in luggage must be able to withstand the freezing teperatures!

Alternatively: buy a new camera everytime you go travelling from the UK to the US :-).
    Or buy a new camera in the US, and sell before flying back.........or avoid going to the UK at all. Unless, we also can't bring hand carry luggage in other flights???

I think this is all a scam of the camera producers to rigg up camera sales!

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    should get Lowepro to redesign their bags already, using transparent PVC, no sponge, use air cushioning, meaning a lighter overall bag... limited super exclusive edition... Helium filled bag...

anybody into making bags? any idea if its feasible?
    Doesnt matter, you would have to make all cameras and camera equipment transparent aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970
    read somewhere that the terrorists were thinking of using the flash from a disposable camera to trigger off the explosives... ...wow...
    Nope, they were going to conceal 2 liquids in beverages that when mixed together make an explosive. The detenator was hidden in an electrical device such as an ipod or handphone.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Your camera in check in luggage must be able to withstand the freezing teperatures!

Alternatively: buy a new camera everytime you go travelling from the UK to the US :-).
    Or buy a new camera in the US, and sell before flying back.........or avoid going to the UK at all. Unless, we also can't bring hand carry luggage in other flights???

I think this is all a scam of the camera producers to rigg up camera sales!

HS
    If this level of alert sustains till the IMF/WB event to be hosted here nxt mth, there will be thousands of overseas visitors and journalists who will be in dire need of photographic equipment. Rental business eh, and perhaps they can outsource their photograhic needs to us! Anyone enterprising and resourceful enough to organise a consortium? Someone with contact with foreign press will be ideal.

Argh.... super duper bad news....I'm going Scotland n Sweden in Oct... confirm cannot hand carry my precious camera...dun feel safe to store camera in check in...

OMG!!! I want to take photos!!! Bloody terrorists...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam
    Argh.... super duper bad news....I'm going Scotland n Sweden in Oct... confirm cannot hand carry my precious camera...dun feel safe to store camera in check in...

OMG!!! I want to take photos!!! Bloody terrorists...
    sling it around your neck and board the flight lor...dun even need bag..=)
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    wat was mentioned was: u can only bring along ur barest essentials i.e. wallet & passport, and of course ur clothings. thats all. period.

camera sling on ur neck? not allowed
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Definatly Not Allowed, unless your camera is completely transparent, and even then, its not an essential item.

Gentlemen... no more taking pics out the air craft window... please fasten your safety belt & hope there is inflight entertainment... oh ya... did u check in your mobile phone, ipod, and laptop, otherwise we have to handcuff u all the way to the destination...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Gentlemen... no more taking pics out the air craft window... please fasten your safety belt & hope there is inflight entertainment... oh ya... did u check in your mobile phone, ipod, and laptop, otherwise we have to handcuff u all the way to the destination...
    Nope, they will refuse you entry to the plane if you will not check such items in, IIRC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast