Thread: Advise for this degree course@ SIM

Default Advise for this degree course@ SIM

Think ppl like Ninelives can help....

My bro is thinking of going for this course offered by SIM but is a bit apprehnesive about the relevance and usefulness of this course, plus the "value" of this degree...
    Course name: Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Management (link : http://www1.sim.edu.sg/sim/pub/gen/s...uid=152&ID=122 )

Oh, btw he has an IT diploma from TP... and wishes to seek a career in the IT field after ord....
    Could anyone pls advise?
    Thank you ...

Regards,
    Zapline.

3yrs leh... to me i think is abit long & full time somemore... i took part time and done with it in 1.5yrs but basic degree. I would rather gain working experience and get more industrial certification. At the end, i got degree, 3yrs experience and few certs... personally, i find it better this way. Think carefully lor 'cos work and study at the same time quite "xiong".

Thanks, stl....

I was thinking of something in that line too... but my bro wishes to know abt these other alternatives before he commit into any... btw, he still got < 1 yr to go before ording.. hee hee...

Or does anyone know of any other similar courses worth taking? How' abt distance-learning??
    Thanks a lot... : )

me thru' distance learning one mah... find it quite ok lah at the end can still go for 2wks on campus learning, treat it as vacation... depends on the subjects and most important, whether the Uni recognise anot... was really broke at tat time... almost cannot handle the fees...