View Poll Results: Can Sony alpha challenge the major DSLR player (Canon/Nikon)

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 41.18%
  • No

86 50.59%
  • Dunno

14 8.24%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Can Sony alpha challenge the major DSLR player (Canon/Nikon)?

Default Re: Can Sony alpha challenge the major DSLR player (Canon/Nikon)?

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    well.. .they havent impressed the reviewers or even me at least thou..... and their range of lenses are limited. everything they had is still primitive.

i guess.... the most sensible choice for most people would be to go into the C and N camps thats all....

and yes. Image quality counts.. CZ lenses are good. but thats a bad move actually for sony at least.
    who said never impressed ? u know which professionals are the using the alpha ? reviews said what u believe what.. never make effort to find and test out for youself?

so many lenses for what, are they so cheap ? money dropped from sky ? many down here just shooting for weekends..

unless u are a full-timer.. then it is understanding enough to get into Canon Mark series.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 19th February 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    who said never impressed ? u know which CEO is using A700 ?
    TS and you happy liao. no offence. but just that they gotta work hard and real hard to be in the competition.

at this rate of marketting they are going... and the speed of their RnD....

they are really lacking behind.... there could be many sony users here. but come to think of it. theres a reason why both N and C are still the big boys in the competition.

TS and you happy liao. no offence. but just that they gotta work hard and real hard to be in the competition.

they are really lacking behind.... there could be many sony users here. but come to think of it. theres a reason why both N and C are still the big boys in the competition.
    u care about their marketing or speed of RnD for what ? who lack who is really a concern ?

what is most important is that your pictures are good ! that equipment they sell help u to get that kind of results... no point being among the big crowd but picture quality not good enough.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 19th February 2008 at 09:04 PM.

well.. .they havent impressed the reviewers or even me at least thou..... and their range of lenses are limited. everything they had is still primitive.
    So the whole legacy of minolta lenses is primitive?

i guess.... the most sensible choice for most people would be to go into the C and N camps thats all....
    Sensible based on... ?

and yes. Image quality counts.. CZ lenses are good. but thats a bad move actually for sony at least.
    A bad move for Sony? How so? I personally know 4 Canon shooters and 2 Nikon shooters who bought the A700 for the CZ lenses, DRO and built-in IS.
    Alpha

theres a reason why both N and C are still the big boys in the competition.
    It's called "herd mentality".
    Alpha

Let's see now... cover of magazines, opening Pro imaging shops at major camera stores, and for RnD, there's the advanced sensor technology, improved built-in anti-shake, DRO, the new liveview, infolitium % battery display, HDMI output (and the ability to directly print the currently displayed pic), VG with full set of controls (nothing like that in C and N)...

But of course, they're "lacking".

Sony's taken over minolta's DSLR tech for just about 1.5 years so far, and they've already come out with this many new features. Sony is *known* for R&D, and for playing to win.
    Alpha

well.. .they havent impressed the reviewers or even me at least thou.....
    They may not have impressed you, but 3rd-party impartial reviews are VERY impressed. And they were happy with the A100 too.

But of course, if you only listen to Ken Rockwell, then that would explain your "they haven't impressed the reviewers" opinion.
    Alpha

Why oh why oh why do we always do this to ourselves?

Whats with all this nonsense of brand comparison, reviews and even marketing strategy?

All these may have a bearing on the general consumer but as a discerning photographer, it makes no difference if you are using a Fuji/Nikon/Canon or even a Sony.

Heck, even a Holga works if thats all one can afford.

Your camera brand sells more than mine. Big deal. Brand X's lense focusing speed is better than Brand Y. And then? Your point being?

Seriously.

A good picture is a good picture.

That comes from paying attention to details, composing well, understand whatever tools you have in your hand and making use of it to the fullest extent.

For anyone else who thinks this thread is the place to start impressing one another or start flame war or start going on and on and on about my lense being longer than yours etc has another thing coming.

Go take more pictures. Such discussions will not improve your photography.

As it is, this thread has gone on long enough and I am closing it hereafter. Should anyone has any issues with this, feel free to take it up with me via PM.

Thank you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567