Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey: trip to Tibet, China

Actully, I'm more interested in going for the Silk Road as compared to Tibet.
    Do let me know the details on the timing as
    I'm working and studying at the same time, need to see
    whether the trip can fit in my schedule.

Originally posted by tomshen

.......and go visit northwest part of China, the silk road, during May-June. Tibet will be another one,........
    I'd heard quite a bit about the Silk Road and am interested in doing that route too. Is there a train tour along the Silk Road?

ok guys, I will update you detail at a later time after CNY. The silk road tour will be on around May-June time, via bus go all the way to the very northwest part of China, Xin Jiang. It's a culture + adventure trip. Prepare your money and read some HISTORY from now on!!!

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, Tibet as a tourist destination is only good from May to October. It would be too cold and some of the roads are block by snow at other times.

Cheers,

Ok would be interested in that, May june period is it going to be very hot ??

ok guys, I will update you detail at a later time after CNY. The silk road tour will be on around May-June time, via bus go all the way to the very northwest part of China, Xin Jiang. It's a culture + adventure trip. Prepare your money and read some HISTORY from now on!!!
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

The silk road tour will be on around May-June time...
    sigh... too early for me. always wanted to go Silk Route too... oh well next time then.

It might not be very hot. But it'll probably be raining alot.

Originally posted by PentiumPC
    Ok would be interested in that, May june period is it going to be very hot ??

panadol
    Guests

Originally posted by kingpin

I'd heard quite a bit about the Silk Road and am interested in doing that route too. Is there a train tour along the Silk Road?
    You probably have to travel by train between different cities along the silk road.

The train from Beijing to Urumqi is 3 days. But I don't think you will get to do much during the 3 days.

I'm pretty on for it. I really wanna visit Dalai Lama and his monks. Nepal is juz cross border rite? Would we have time to pop by ? I'm looking at between oct -dec too. Would be able go up to 1month.

erm.. actually, you won't be able to visit the Dalai Lama in Tibet. He's in exile.

You can probably track His Holiness's whereabouts here : http://www.dalailama.com/html/teach2002.html

regards,
    rOCh

Originally posted by hazardman
    I'm pretty on for it. I really wanna visit Dalai Lama and his monks. Nepal is juz cross border rite? Would we have time to pop by ? I'm looking at between oct -dec too. Would be able go up to 1month.

Just spoke to a friend that backpack from china to Tibet, he said it is very siong... Must be mentally and pysically fit to do it...

If you guys are really keen, I can see whether he is free or borrow his photo album of his trip, we can meet say during the SEED and discuss about it.

If 20+ day my either bring alot of batteries, or use film camera???

Cheeers,

Just spoke to a friend that backpack from china to Tibet, he said it is very siong... Must be mentally and pysically fit to do it...

If you guys are really keen, I can see whether he is free or borrow his photo album of his trip, we can meet say during the SEED and discuss about it.

If 20+ day my either bring alot of batteries, or use film camera???

Cheeers,
    Yes, hope you could borrow your friend's album and show some of us during the SEED Yes, I also heard it's a tough journey, so I want to accomplish it before I am getting old. I would shoot both digital and film for the trip, till all batt flash and all film exposed...

But I am already ..old

Yes, hope you could borrow your friend's album and show some of us during the SEED Yes, I also heard it's a tough journey, so I want to accomplish it before I am getting old. I would shoot both digital and film for the trip, till all batt flash and all film exposed...

My friend has agreed to lend me his photo album, which is nicely layed out with records and documention about the trip.

He is an avid backpacker, will get him to give up some tips or join us if we really go.

If you watch channel U, you will hear his voice in the promo etc.

My friend has agreed to lend me his photo album, which is nicely layed out with records and documention about the trip.

He is an avid backpacker, will get him to give up some tips or join us if we really go.

If you watch channel U, you will hear his voice in the promo etc.

Great news! btw, how old are u? I have seen ppl over 50 and below 10 going up to the Mt. Kinabalu (4000M), so dun think u are so OLD huh?

Not old, 34 this year, just joking .. recently working day and night for the past 2 months makes me feel old.

Great news! btw, how old are u? I have seen ppl over 50 and below 10 going up to the Mt. Kinabalu (4000M), so dun think u are so OLD huh?

Sorry guy won't be bringing the photo albums (Tibet) as it comes in 4 big volumes and I don't want to lug it around at the party.

We can do it at another time if there is still interest, can invite him over to share some of his experience.

Hey PentiumPC,

Do let me know when you intend to conduct this. I'm interested to listen and learn.

regards,
    rOCh

We can do it at another time if there is still interest, can invite him over to share some of his experience.

Sorry guy won't be bringing the photo albums (Tibet) as it comes in 4 big volumes and I don't want to lug it around at the party.

No problem, see when all of us are free, ask your friend come out and let's meet up and chat-chat.

My friend will be be available on either next monday or wednesday. Lets try to arrange to view the album and you guys can ask him whatever question you want.

No problem, see when all of us are free, ask your friend come out and let's meet up and chat-chat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast