Thread: Where is a good place to buy lenses in Nagoya, Japan?

Default Where is a good place to buy lenses in Nagoya, Japan?

Hi all, where would be a great place to shop for camera equipments particularly lenses in Nagoya Japan? Thanks!

Default Re: Where is a good place to buy lenses in Nagoya, Japan?

Nagoya? think you better look up the yellow pages for that, a lot easier.

I've not been to Nagoya, but the one big chain store with just about everything photography imaginable is Yodobashi. They are located all over Japan, and should have one in Nagoya also. Very well stocked and you can play with the latest toys - they have all the cameras out for playing, serious.

http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/index/index.html

Website in Japanese. Typically the prices are 10-20% below the recommended retail price. and they also have a loyalty program, you use a card and get some points, which later can be redeemed for other products. A bit like our petrol station's smiles point (ExxonMobil).

You need a Japanese address, though, to get the loyalty card. And I think the points can only be redeemed the next day. Can loan you my loyalty card if you can pick it up and promise to return...
    Last edited by diediealsomustdive; 12th August 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive
    I've not been to Nagoya, but the one big chain store with just about everything photography imaginable is Yodobashi. They are located all over Japan, and should have one in Nagoya also. Very well stocked and you can play with the latest toys - they have all the cameras out for playing, serious.

http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/index/index.html

Website in Japanese. Typically the prices are 10-20% below the recommended retail price. and they also have a loyalty program, you use a card and get some points, which later can be redeemed for other products. A bit like our petrol station's smiles point (ExxonMobil).

You need a Japanese address, though, to get the loyalty card. And I think the points can only be redeemed the next day. Can loan you my loyalty card if you can pick it up and promise to return...
    thxs a lot, but my friend who is buying is already there. Next time round I know who to look for. Thxs for the info!