Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blogging?

Default Re: Blogging?

U can use photobucket.. think can host lots more pics.. and it provides direct link for you to load to your blog.

wordpress gets 3 thumbs up!

hahahaha
    can't wait to read your blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hi to all,

Thinking of starting a blog so need advice from the regular bloggers. Which are the better ones around?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    oic..so actually a blog doesn't give you storage for photo, right?

i am using flickr, but without paying, only 200 photos can be showed in flickr... thought blog can be alternate solution, guess no.

thanks.
    yes, only the 200 latest photos can be seen on flickr if u use the free account, but it the photos are linked into a blog, they are still visible on the blog (beyond the 200 photo limit).

Oic..but how we browse those unseen photo in flickr? i mean those photo that is not showed.. by deleting the latest 200 photos? any other way? thanks.

you can't unless u delete new photos...only the newest 200 pics in ur album is shown
    eat. drink. shoot

I use wordpress too. I totally cannot stand any others.

Wordpress = userfriendly, less lag, low downtime.

IMO Blogger is the worst. Sometimes cannot even log in.

I'm currently on blogger but am in the process of moving house to wordpress. The interface and features are much better over at wordpress, the most important, to me at least, is the ability to categorise your posts.

And I use flickr for image hosting, blogger compresses all image uploads and does not allow hotlinking.

I've been blogging since 2003..so...here goes.

Blogger.com - been using since 2003. I wrote about 900+ posts already and still counting. Its easy to use, but its abit limited on features.

Livejournal - have an account. but rarely use. good/bad thing about it is that only users with accounts or people whom you let access to can read your posts. and comment.

Wordpress - have used it before. its really good actually. the ability to lock posts and you can do much more with it. the only thing stopping me from switching is cuz of the long usage with blogspot

With wordpress, you can also install it to your own server and post, without needing for the wordpress server.

Multiply - has an inblogging feature. not sure about it though.

So far i can only recommend blogger or wordpress. i use blogger mainly because its easier for my friends to tag and comment without the need for login etc.
    Last edited by metallilan; 28th September 2006 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    I've been blogging since 2003..so...here goes.

Blogger.com - been using since 2003. I wrote about 900+ posts already and still counting. Its easy to use, but its abit limited on features.

Livejournal - have an account. but rarely use. good/bad thing about it is that only users with accounts or people whom you let access to can read your posts. and comment.

Wordpress - have used it before. its really good actually. the ability to lock posts and you can do much more with it. the only thing stopping me from switching is cuz of the long usage with blogspot

With wordpress, you can also install it to your own server and post, without needing for the wordpress server.

Multiply - has an inblogging feature. not sure about it though.

So far i can only recommend blogger or wordpress. i use blogger mainly because its easier for my friends to tag and comment without the need for login etc.
    actually i was using blogger/blogspot when i started too. But i decided to move to a blog installed on my own website. My blog is now running off a wordpress engine (as opposed to blogger/blogspot using a MovableType engine).

The point is ... in wordpress, there is a migration tool which moves your posts, comments over from wordpress

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    you can't unless u delete new photos...only the newest 200 pics in ur album is shown
    so if i start a blog and like to link some early days photo i uploaded to flickr.. and i have to delete new photos till i see the photos i want..ha..not browsing function that can access to the photo other than the latest 200 photos right?

so if i start a blog and like to link some early days photo i uploaded to flickr.. and i have to delete new photos till i see the photos i want..ha..not browsing function that can access to the photo other than the latest 200 photos right?
    If you link to photos past 200 from your blog, people can still go directly to the individual photo page and view it. Only thing is people cant see past 200 photos from your Flickr photostream, not even search will have them show up.

If you are using Flickr solely for keeping photos for your blog, I suggest you pay for a web hosting instead. For just a few bucks per month, you can have more space than the measly 20MB/mth you get from Flickr Free, your own .com, and much more freedom. You can even turn it into your professional portfolio in the future.
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    Actually, Livejournal has had many improvements over the years. You can actually choose who can or cannot read your posts and/or post comments, which is a really great feature!

Can also join communities of people who have specific interests.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by kniveswood View Post
    If you link to photos past 200 from your blog, people can still go directly to the individual photo page and view it. Only thing is people cant see past 200 photos from your Flickr photostream, not even search will have them show up.

If you are using Flickr solely for keeping photos for your blog, I suggest you pay for a web hosting instead. For just a few bucks per month, you can have more space than the measly 20MB/mth you get from Flickr Free, your own .com, and much more freedom. You can even turn it into your professional portfolio in the future.
    ok but if i haven't link it, would like to link the past 200 photo that wasn't showed..if there any way to browse it? the only way is the keep deleting till it shows, right?

ok but if i haven't link it, would like to link the past 200 photo that wasn't showed..if there any way to browse it? the only way is the keep deleting till it shows, right?
    Why not create a new account for every 200 images you have?

ha, create multiple account is one solution, but you have to upload old photos again..

I have thought of paying an upgraded account, but somehow you have to pay every year.. maybe my photo sites are mainly for myself and some friends, so i don't think it is neccessary to upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for your guys opinion =)

ha, create multiple account is one solution, but you have to upload old photos again..

I have thought of paying an upgraded account, but somehow you have to pay every year.. maybe my photo sites are mainly for myself and some friends, so i don't think it is neccessary to upgrade.

Don't be so cheapskate la. Every other Singaporean has this pipe dream about getting everything for nothing. Pay for what you need, it's not like a huge sum anyways.

Worth it to pay lah. It's like just SG$3+ a month nia. You get to upload full-sized photos so you can use it for both photo-sharing and backing up. But if u use it to backup, of course that means u must re-subscribe every year. Otherwise the limits will kick in. Although they dont delete your photos, you cant acccess them either until you subscribe.

I do use them as backup, while also keeping dvd backups myself. In case my house ganna fire hor, still got online backup mah.
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

ha, actually it is the 'mental' thing, like you have to pay and subscribe every year to keep it going..or your photos stuck somewhere in internet.. well, it is like to adopt a kid..mm..am i exaggerate it?ha. but it is something that make me feel once i start, i shouldn't stop that have prevent me from doing so.

well, i am weird i know lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12