Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Crashed Epson P2000

  1. #1

    Question Crashed Epson P2000

    Hi,

    My Epson P2000 crashed during my tour of the Silk Road. I'll be popping into the Epson Service centre tomorrow, but does any one have advice they can give me?

    My heart sinks to think of 2000 plus photos gone forever!

    Thanks in advance for all your helpful suggestions and TLC, I'll see some of you on the outing this Sunday so I'll let you know how I get on.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Manda
    Hi,

    My Epson P2000 crashed during my tour of the Silk Road. I'll be popping into the Epson Service centre tomorrow, but does any one have advice they can give me?

    My heart sinks to think of 2000 plus photos gone forever!

    Thanks in advance for all your helpful suggestions and TLC, I'll see some of you on the outing this Sunday so I'll let you know how I get on.
    The HDD crashed? Or the casing spoilt?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    A big ouch! I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sorry, I can't offer any advice regarding Epson service center as I have no experience with them. But IMO there is a lesson to be learned from this. You may want to consider carrying at least two portable HD (copy every photo you shot into both of them) the next time you are on an ever-important photographic trip.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    If harddisk is still ok think can read by the windows it should be a FAT 16/32.

    YMMV

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave
    A big ouch! I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sorry, I can't offer any advice regarding Epson service center as I have no experience with them. But IMO there is a lesson to be learned from this. You may want to consider carrying at least two portable HD (copy every photo you shot into both of them) the next time you are on an ever-important photographic trip.
    hmm... thats critical, so if 2 hdd crash, next time bring 8?

    so u will spend more time transfering data then shooting already...

    best of all, use film...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    i believe your date is salvagable.
    just connect as a slave to retrieve the files

    there is a limit to backups..
    you cannot be bringing backups of backups of backups.
    its like never ending..
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Thanks for all your comments so far - they cheered me up a little!

    Pls pop into my flickr site below to see what photos I had left on my flash card before the nasty Epson died on me.

    See ya!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Maybe you might find something useful here.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiasm
    Maybe you might find something useful here.
    Very interesting link. But just wonder if one can backup the Disk OS without opening up the (good) assembly? The reason I ask is that I have a defective disk in my P2000, and Epson website says that the only way is to send back to them for repair. To do DIY means I need a "known good P2000", either buy or borrow, and that does not quite make sense!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    hmm... thats critical, so if 2 hdd crash, next time bring 8?

    so u will spend more time transfering data then shooting already...

    best of all, use film...

    Hehehe. That's unfortunately one of the disadvantages of shooting digital. You don't need to carry many rolls of film, but instead you have to carry portable HDD, rechargers, etc.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    I bought a Sony CDR writer that burns the images on to CDR.
    I think it is battery powered with AA bty. Never used it yet. Got it cheap below $100 brand new. You can buy one from the shops. Then no need to worry Epson 2000 crashing. I think Eastgear sells a similar battery powered CD writer too.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    A CD burner is a good idea!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Crashed Epson P2000

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    I bought a Sony CDR writer that burns the images on to CDR.
    I think it is battery powered with AA bty. Never used it yet. Got it cheap below $100 brand new. You can buy one from the shops. Then no need to worry Epson 2000 crashing. I think Eastgear sells a similar battery powered CD writer too.
    wat if you drop the cd & scratch it?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •