Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: damn... kena robbed tonight

Sorry to hear abt your loss.

The sad thing is that in Singapore, it doesn't matter that we have the IMEI number for our mobiles, becoz in Singapore they don't give a damned abt jamming up the phone based on IMEI. They force you to buy a new phone so they can earn money??

Originally posted by darkness
    Sorry to hear abt your loss.

The sad thing is that in Singapore, it doesn't matter that we have the IMEI number for our mobiles, becoz in Singapore they don't give a damned abt jamming up the phone based on IMEI. They force you to buy a new phone so they can earn money??
    ya, but in fact i dun care to get the handphone back, my main concern is whether can capture these few guys or not. the only clue i can provide now is the IMEI no. if can get the owner, then trace where he buy from, maybe can get the robber.

imagine this time maybe he just use the knife to threaten u, but next time he stab u just for a hp? ur life not just worth a few hundred man! seriously, safety is much more important, the solution is to get them in jail!

btw, thanks guys for the concern

get them in jail and request compensation as well. had a friend who's HP was snatched and the court ordered the snatcher to pay in addition to the sentence.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

old fashion robbers. still using parang. can't believe this is happening in singapore. at least u are not hurt. my auntie was robbed long time ago. the robber snatched her chain injuring her neck. she was terrified of the ordeal and took months to recover. the robber was caught much later committing another crime. that was in marine parade.

Originally posted by maddog
    old fashion robbers. still using parang.
    So what do modern robbers use?? Light sabres??

Originally posted by darkness

So what do modern robbers use?? Light sabres??
    switch knives. buck knives.

Originally posted by maddog
    old fashion robbers. still using parang. can't believe this is happening in singapore. at least u are not hurt. my auntie was robbed long time ago. the robber snatched her chain injuring her neck. she was terrified of the ordeal and took months to recover. the robber was caught much later committing another crime. that was in marine parade.
    erm... it doesn't matter old fashion n new fashion right? as long as the thing they hold on hand threaten ur life, the case should be alerted and noted. i am sure they dare to do once, they dare to do twice.... first time they dun hurt u, maybe 2nd time they accidentally hurt u, 3rd time accidentally kill u...

cny coming, dun let anything spoilt u all moods...

I think this should be one of the very few cases. Hopefully we still can lug our cam/lenses/tripod on street till midnight, as I often do so.

Originally posted by tomshen
    I think this should be one of the very few cases. Hopefully we still can lug our cam/lenses/tripod on street till midnight, as I often do so.
    i regret i didn't bring along my monopod....

did the police say they'll be doing anything in response? e.g. increase patrols, etc. RObbing with parang is pretty seroius business.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I am sorry to hear your lost......

You can regain the money lost, but if did something stupid that night you still lost money and may plus must spend extra money for medical bills.....double lost.
    But if this happen to me and my heavy tripod (magnesium alloy is heavy and hard) is at my hands, I may did something stupid.
    If no tripod I run away......
    W204FL

Originally posted by chenwei
    yah man... one good swing and they also concuss. somemore the monopod is longer than their parangs.

hmmm come to think of it, how they move around carrying a parang? it's not really that easy to conceal.

Originally posted by mpenza
    did the police say they'll be doing anything in response? e.g. increase patrols, etc. RObbing with parang is pretty seroius business.
    nope... they only said they will contact me, didn't even give me a copy of police report... damn i just realised that...

Originally posted by Larry
    yah man... one good swing and they also concuss. somemore the monopod is longer than their parangs.

hmmm come to think of it, how they move around carrying a parang? it's not really that easy to conceal.
    they used a white paper wrapped the knife, and was there already when we went down to play basketball.

even wif monopod...it's still dangerous to fite these guys wif parangs...they mite panic...and juz throw de parang @ u....juz like those 3 malay guys who wanna rob a money changer and shot de poor man instead when a lady saw and screamed.

roSsIfUmI
    Guests

Thank got u weren't harm. Lose handphone better than losing arm leg or anything part of body. Who knows u will have better luck after this bad incident. Hope those Baddies get caught soon.

Cheers

Originally posted by Larry
    under your shirt. I sometimes hide stuffs there.

they used a white paper wrapped the knife, and was there already when we went down to play basketball.
    Sorry to hear about the incident but look on the bright side, at least from now on you'll definitely be more alert to danger.

One ques, do you play basketball at that place on a regular basis? maybe those ppl have been observing you?

Originally posted by imaginary_number

Sorry to hear about the incident but look on the bright side, at least from now on you'll definitely be more alert to danger.

One ques, do you play basketball at that place on a regular basis? maybe those ppl have been observing you?
    ya, if not raining almost everyday... it's hard to say, yah maybe he observed quite some time, or maybe not, who knows? but think won't go to play liao, will look for my friends to play in the morning instead after i moved out from this place......

Originally posted by Zoomer
    Maybe this page will help: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/raiseth...t/weapons.html
    Hie...it's too radical....
    We can't fight evil with evil.....
    That's what seperate good guys and bad guys, what's in that website will make the situation even worse or turn you into criminal.
    So sad.....
    W204FL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast