Thread: Problems encountered before/during/after photography...

snowman
    Guests

Default Problems encountered before/during/after photography...

This discussion here is not about how you go about taking pictures.... but how you go about using your equipment(camera. lens, tripod) in terms of transportation/setup/storage/etc

or is there any?

Please feel free to reply.... as there are no right or wrong answers

Problem?

Hmm... no problem.

snowman
    Guests

and the different problems in different specific catergories of photography....

Originally posted by snowman
    and the different problems in different specific catergories of photography....
    Getting the weather (and therefore the light) to do what you want.

Regards
    CK

snowman
    Guests

Maybe i shall lead this discussion abit more in-depth...

after reading from other threads, i found out most had lighting/flash problems and end up making DIY flashcards with velcos stuck on their external flash.... which is a problem and was solved....

... and other problem for wedding photographers is attire... where one had to wear formally but had to 'run around' taking moments too...

....one problem to some photographers maybe... bulky equipment esp during nite photography... one have to bring along his/her tripod.....

anymore to add??...

problem? still dun follow your 'thinking'

your examples seems to be about things which photographers hv to live with leh.... not exactly problems and can't exactly solve it.

snowman
    Guests

Originally posted by Shadus
    problem? still dun follow your 'thinking'

your examples seems to be about things which photographers hv to live with leh.... not exactly problems and can't exactly solve it.

Cus i m working on a product/industrial design project for sch(for the grades).... and i would like to do something related to photography... so now i have to identify a list of problems to work on.... and i need the help from you guys who are more experience in this field...

snowman
    Guests

quote from http://computertimes.asiaone.com.sg/v2/spec07.shtml
    1 Bee in flower

To get closer to the bee, I used an extension tube attached to the camera. An alternative would be to use a close-up filter. A typical consumer camera's Macro mode will not be able to zoom as close to the subject. The aperture was f11.

Besides using the main flash, I also used a side flash, which I got a friend to hold. This was used to bring out greater contrast between the different areas.
    Another friend to hold??... seems like a hassle to me...

One problem I face is when it is raining: I tend to be a bit scared to get my equipment wet, so always run indoors when it rains, thus missing opportunities.

Originally posted by snowman
    Maybe i shall lead this discussion abit more in-depth...

after reading from other threads, i found out most had lighting/flash problems and end up making DIY flashcards with velcos stuck on their external flash.... which is a problem and was solved....

... and other problem for wedding photographers is attire... where one had to wear formally but had to 'run around' taking moments too...

....one problem to some photographers maybe... bulky equipment esp during nite photography... one have to bring along his/her tripod.....

anymore to add??...
    I don't see these as problems but effort and gear required/prefered by the photographer to achieve their prefered photographic results. Can be quite fun at times too. Who ever said photography was easy. Nothing is easy in life. Just my 2 cents worth.