Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How far have we come as a nation

  1. #1

    Default How far have we come as a nation

    It's interesting how far we've come as a nation, something to think about on National Day.


    last time mata will bother to catch criminals. now maybe the definition of criminal is being revised. maybe now you can whack someone until their face bleeds and take their D2X and police won't bother to come catch you. better be careful when you go outside...

    http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD

  2. #2

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    we pay they idle...........................police nowadays also no pride already lah
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    we pay they idle...........................police nowadays also no pride already lah

    aiyo how can like that say. they no idle one leh! if u put up mysterious white elephant placards outside closed MRT station, or gather in big groups wearing the same colour tshirts and happily chatting away, or make certain documentaries, they will come and bust ur ass before u can say, "mata last time wear shorts one".

    so they are misunderstood lah. it's not that they idle, but it's that their job scope and "mission and vision" has changed...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,961

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Well, how far have we come as a nation? If u're referring to this topic at hand:

    41yrs of economic growth
    There is no doubt abt this. Take 1965 vs 2006. See the physical diff and the way of ppl's life. Nuff said.

    41yrs of political growth
    No doubt there is improvement but seriously speaking, the underlying layer of unseen control's still there and whilst ppl are speaking up, at the slightest and potential sign 'out of control' it gets muffed up immediately. Shot thru the head and buried 20ft underground.

    41yrs of social mindset
    The trend's moving on with better education. However, hypocritical and stereotype mindsets still exists even within the young and it would take a dramatic socio-political-cultural-education revolution to break this sort of thinking.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #5

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    we make the right friends ( countries) along the way. and also at the same time "bribe" the right friends ( countries). that why we able to achieve so much in the last 41 years.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by reminisce
    It's interesting how far we've come as a nation, something to think about on National Day.


    last time mata will bother to catch criminals. now maybe the definition of criminal is being revised. maybe now you can whack someone until their face bleeds and take their D2X and police won't bother to come catch you. better be careful when you go outside...

    http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD


    news not reported on TV???

  7. #7

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Well, how far have we come as a nation? If u're referring to this topic at hand:

    41yrs of economic growth
    There is no doubt abt this. Take 1965 vs 2006. See the physical diff and the way of ppl's life. Nuff said.

    41yrs of political growth
    No doubt there is improvement but seriously speaking, the underlying layer of unseen control's still there and whilst ppl are speaking up, at the slightest and potential sign 'out of control' it gets muffed up immediately. Shot thru the head and buried 20ft underground.

    41yrs of social mindset
    The trend's moving on with better education. However, hypocritical and stereotype mindsets still exists even within the young and it would take a dramatic socio-political-cultural-education revolution to break this sort of thinking.

    41 years...

    it is good to know self defence...............here..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by reminisce
    It's interesting how far we've come as a nation, something to think about on National Day.


    last time mata will bother to catch criminals. now maybe the definition of criminal is being revised. maybe now you can whack someone until their face bleeds and take their D2X and police won't bother to come catch you. better be careful when you go outside...

    http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD
    So, some cops got lazy. What's this got to do with nation building? Yet another inappropriate SG/Govt bashing thread.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    So, some cops got lazy. What's this got to do with nation building? Yet another inappropriate SG/Govt bashing thread.

    this implies those cops were errant, and not representative of the force in general. as of today, the ST still has not published any reply from their PR. so what does this imply?

    but good thing is we see more active police work by citizens, like that guy who spotted the stolen car at SGH.

    so actually we have progressed much as a nation, from indifferent citizens who leave everything to authorities, to being more active participants to help one another, when help from authorities is wanting.

  10. #10

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD

    good PR is always important.

    aiya, that victim is weak lah, so easy get fracture from simple assault, make us misunderstand our hardworking and knowledgeable mata. our mata has become more diligent, know the Penal Code better and know what's their job. we members of the public should drink more milk, and grow stronger bones.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,416

    Default Re: How far have we come as a nation

    Quote Originally Posted by reminisce
    http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/port...00430a0a0aRCRD

    good PR is always important.

    aiya, that victim is weak lah, so easy get fracture from simple assault, make us misunderstand our hardworking and knowledgeable mata. our mata has become more diligent, know the Penal Code better and know what's their job. we members of the public should drink more milk, and grow stronger bones.
    what if the assailants were iron-pumping each weighing no less than 100kg?
    if u hit the right spot with the right amount of strength, u can fracture someone easily without using alot of strength.

    think they need to send the victim back to army to toughen up.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •