Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

Thread: Dual display

  1. #41

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    can pm me too???
    mi interested but has already gotten a 20"...
    me with a 24"
    Also interested, wouldn't mind if u could PM me also...

    Considering of buying 24"

    Thks !

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ~ 137km (85 miles) north of th
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Dual display

    Hi Guys, can PM me too please ? Thanks.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    aiyo no need PM liao lar.....Just go buy lar.

    guarantee with the money that you spend $1299-$1399, you will not regret.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    aiyo no need PM liao lar.....Just go buy lar.

    guarantee with the money that you spend $1299-$1399, you will not regret.
    Well... $1299 is still better than $1399 right ? A penny is a penny isn't it ?

  5. #45

    Default Re: Dual display

    im still thinking too, beside being a avid gamer, i also like to post processed pics

    u think a dual 17" better or a large 19" 20" ?

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    im still thinking too, beside being a avid gamer, i also like to post processed pics

    u think a dual 17" better or a large 19" 20" ?
    30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display
    or 24inch dell lor

  7. #47

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    im still thinking too, beside being a avid gamer, i also like to post processed pics

    u think a dual 17" better or a large 19" 20" ?
    IMHO, Avid gaming and photography have never gone together very well...

    One requesting very fast refresh rate, the other one high contrast ... usually that doesn't go together unless you accept some concession on either sides...

    Playing in 1680x1200, you might need a very strong Graphic card if you want to support the resolution in latest games...

    Dual Screen might be the way to go in this case ...

  8. #48

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display
    or 24inch dell lor
    30" too much , considering, im only sitting less than 1 armlength away from the monitor...

    and the 24" inch dell is expensive... -_-"

    im looking into sumsung 931 thou, around 399 each....

  9. #49

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiip
    IMHO, Avid gaming and photography have never gone together very well...

    One requesting very fast refresh rate, the other one high contrast ... usually that doesn't go together unless you accept some concession on either sides...

    Playing in 1680x1200, you might need a very strong Graphic card if you want to support the resolution in latest games...

    Dual Screen might be the way to go in this case ...
    aye, understand, thats why still looking even thou the CRT monitor im using now is dying...

    im looking into sumsung 931 or LG 1925.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiip
    IMHO, Avid gaming and photography have never gone together very well...

    One requesting very fast refresh rate, the other one high contrast ... usually that doesn't go together unless you accept some concession on either sides...

    Playing in 1680x1200, you might need a very strong Graphic card if you want to support the resolution in latest games...

    Dual Screen might be the way to go in this case ...
    QUAD SLI is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiip
    Well... $1299 is still better than $1399 right ? A penny is a penny isn't it ?
    Dell prices goes up and drops very fast. So if you have the patience, wait for it to go down to 1299. Last check was 1399

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    im still thinking too, beside being a avid gamer, i also like to post processed pics

    u think a dual 17" better or a large 19" 20" ?
    Get 2 monitors - one for game and one for photo process.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display
    or 24inch dell lor
    30 inch Dell has better review than the 30 inch Apple Cinema Display

    No money, then get the Dell 24inch.......

  14. #54

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Get 2 monitors - one for game and one for photo process.
    which for which ?? or both same model ?? (i think they look better this way)

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    which for which ?? or both same model ?? (i think they look better this way)
    Wahahaha.....

    If you still can find Sony Trinitron 21 inch CRT for gaming and 24 inch Dell for Photo editing lor.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Wahahaha.....

    If you still can find Sony Trinitron 21 inch CRT for gaming and 24 inch Dell for Photo editing lor.
    tried, think they only have 2nd hand model, so its not that good. also CRT is very harmful to the eyes. i try to move on to LCD already

    i read that the contrast ration for the 24 inch Dell is only 500:1. is that good ?

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    tried, think they only have 2nd hand model, so its not that good. also CRT is very harmful to the eyes. i try to move on to LCD already

    i read that the contrast ration for the 24 inch Dell is only 500:1. is that good ?
    Bro,

    DELL 24 inch contrast is one of the highest in the market which is 1000:1 (go to http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd_sg?c=sg&l=en&s=dhs)

    Dell 20 inch is 800:1
    Last edited by Pro Image; 15th August 2006 at 03:59 PM.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Bro,

    DELL 24 inch contrast is one of the highest in the market which is 1000:1 (go to http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd_sg?c=sg&l=en&s=dhs)

    Dell 20 inch is 800:1
    im looking at the LG 1952T

    it claimed to have 1400-1600:1 ratio and 8ms responce time... dunno good or not...

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Hi, that's true, but if you do look around, there are quite a fair bit of cards that supports dual-LUT functions.

    I'm using a Xpertvision Radeon X1600Pro, and it supports this (a easy way would be to look at your control panel, and see if they have installed 2 graphics adapter drivers for your card).

    AFAIK, some of the nVidia cards do have this as well.
    With HydraVision, yes.. It's perfectly possible to do so..
    Even though it's a P.o.S. software that's a biatch to get up and running properly especially when you've 2 different panels, one analog and one digital.. Long story here..

    Oh.. And they don't come with Omega drivers... :P

  20. #60
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Dual display

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    im still thinking too, beside being a avid gamer, i also like to post processed pics

    u think a dual 17" better or a large 19" 20" ?
    neither...
    get 2x 24". that will be big enough

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •