Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bangkok Photography

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Bangkok Photography Trip

    Hi guys

    I'll be in Bangkok for a couple of days so wander if anyone has any suggestions as my 1st time there? my itinerary are as follows:

    9/8 - arrive hotel in BKK around 1pm so probably only somewhere near hotel for shooting, cityscapes (staying at Novotel Siam Square), any attractions near by?
    10/8 & 11/8 - 2 full day free. Considering going Floating market and Ayuttaya on each of the day. But that means i wont have time for other sights in BKK. Probably wont go ayuttaya.
    12/8 - work, 13/8 - morning free - prob some last min shopping.

    Any suggestions/tips are much appreciated.
    Last edited by nemesis32; 7th August 2006 at 02:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography Trip

    ask zeckson chow. He's there now and can teach you some photography and give some tips too
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    1. If this is yr 1st time to BKK, the usual "must-go" places are the Grand Palace, Sleeping Budda Temple, Chinatown, River cruise, these are all nearby so u can "technically" do them all in a day!
    2. For the real floating market (not the tourist one) u need to start off very early in the morning, I think abt 5am or 6am, so be prepared.
    3. Night scenery is everywhere, but the best is still along the river also near Chinatown, and also near town area example Patpong night market.
    4. For weekend u can try the famous Chatujak weekend market.
    5. If u got time to kill, then go to Ayuttaya for the acient ruins (2 hours train ride or bus), also can go Kanchanaburi for the death railway site.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    You will probably need a few hours to cover 50-60% of chatuchek market..
    so do try to go there as early as you can on sunday morning, since you will be flying off after that..
    I think the grand palace and the temple of dawn will make good postcards...if you got the sun and time on your side...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    1. If this is yr 1st time to BKK, the usual "must-go" places are the Grand Palace, Sleeping Budda Temple, Chinatown, River cruise, these are all nearby so u can "technically" do them all in a day!
    2. For the real floating market (not the tourist one) u need to start off very early in the morning, I think abt 5am or 6am, so be prepared.
    3. Night scenery is everywhere, but the best is still along the river also near Chinatown, and also near town area example Patpong night market.
    4. For weekend u can try the famous Chatujak weekend market.
    5. If u got time to kill, then go to Ayuttaya for the acient ruins (2 hours train ride or bus), also can go Kanchanaburi for the death railway site.

    The real and original floating market, which is about 80km at the outskirt of BKK, is also very popular with tourists. U don't need to go so early. Usually, the tourist guide will pick u up at about 7am.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    thanks guys.. yeah i think the floating market tour starts at 7am, prob reach there 8am so still have sufficient morning light.

    Astin - i'd love to go ayuttaya but i think i'll pass this trip as i doubt i have enough time to squeeze this in as this is a biz trip afterall and going there will prob need to bring more barang barang.

    Cannonball - think may go chutuchak.. but dunno if it's open/busy on weekdays?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    thanks guys.. yeah i think the floating market tour starts at 7am, prob reach there 8am so still have sufficient morning light.

    Astin - i'd love to go ayuttaya but i think i'll pass this trip as i doubt i have enough time to squeeze this in as this is a biz trip afterall and going there will prob need to bring more barang barang.

    Cannonball - think may go chutuchak.. but dunno if it's open/busy on weekdays?
    Chatuchak is opened only on weekends. Some ppl may find the place too jam packed and very stuffy especially on a hot day. Alternatively, you may wish to explore the Suan Lum Night Bazaar which is quite similar to Chatuchak albeit more spacious and less crowded. Although the price is slightly more expensive than Chatuchak, it's cooler to shop at night and there is a good open air food court with a huge stage with nightly performance. Take the MRT to Lumphini station and the bazaar is just outside the station.
    Last edited by redstorm; 8th August 2006 at 08:51 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography

    Have fun and enjoy yourself.
    Next time let us know much earlier.
    If I am going there, show you around the vibrant night life.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography Trip

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    ask zeckson chow. He's there now and can teach you some photography and give some tips too
    Yeah, he's so darn pro that I wanna learn from him too!

  10. #10
    Moderator Cactus jACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore (Kallang)
    Posts
    3,933
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Re: Bangkok Photography Trip

    nemesis32 - hope you had a good trip. hope you don't mind me riding off your thread.

    am planning a short BBK trip. can anyone advise me as to best way to get to floating market and ayuttaya from a city hotel (not confirmed which one yet).

    preference to go via public transport, or are there some hotel pickups buses which ferries tourist to these destinations? are they safe and reliable? thanks in advance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •