6th August 2006, 11:14 PM
Canon Eos350D Newbie
I am now try to learn how to use the SLR digital camera.
Can anybody advised how to take a sharp and good photo?
This week I am trying to take fireworks with the kit lens 18mm to 55mm.
can anybody advised how to set the aperture and shutter speed
with the nice fireworks.
Thanks you & regards
6th August 2006, 11:45 PM
Re: Canon Eos350D Newbie
Make sure you have a tripod, shutter release set if possible and a black card/paper
1. Set to manual focus at infinity as you will probably be shooting at that focal length anyways.
2. Set ISO to 100
3. Set aperture to a small one like f/16
3. Set shutter speed to bulb mode
4. Point at general direction of fireworks, frame the shot loosely and when 1st salvo starts, press shutter release
5. Occasionally (like every 4 seconds or so), cover the lens with the black card and take away black card when next salvo starts. That way you can capture 2-3 firings in 1 frame.
A crappy example here but you get the rough idea.
I didn't observe rule 4 properly and there was some blockage from the flat corridor sections that sortta jut out so some cropping was needed and some of the fireworks got blocked. Not a good place to shoot fireworks I admit.