Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Some qn. regarding Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default Some qn. regarding Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

    Greetings,

    For anyone who has been to Cameron highlands before, pls advise. I am thinking of a short visit during Chinese new year, about 3~5 days. So:

    1. should I book my accommendation from here or just go and find?
    2. should I book a coach from here or buy a ticket in JB?
    3. How cold is it? Need any special cloth?
    4. Any places for photography to recommend?

    Thanks in advance.
    Tom

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    hey tom, i was thinking of going too! but not during CNY, probably after. lemme know of your confirmed date? i might join you... if you want company that is...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Some qn. regarding Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

    Originally posted by tomshen
    Greetings,

    For anyone who has been to Cameron highlands before, pls advise. I am thinking of a short visit during Chinese new year, about 3~5 days. So:

    1. should I book my accommendation from here or just go and find?
    2. should I book a coach from here or buy a ticket in JB?
    3. How cold is it? Need any special cloth?
    4. Any places for photography to recommend?

    Thanks in advance.
    Tom
    1) & 2) Book your coach here, but lodging can find there, if not, local package usually bundle with more expensive hotels like strawberry park resort or equatorial hill (not near to town )

    3) at night abt 15 degree /c day time about 20++ degree,
    The locals wear a tee-shirt only, tourist...I think add one more long sleeve t-shirt will do.

    4) Take a 4-hour tour from the ONE and ONLY tour agency there. Can bring you around to farms, tea plantations, other attractions.
    if not, can book cab (more flexible)

    If you are into marco photos, the bees at the bees farm and wild flowers at the road side are good subjects!

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP
    Posts
    667,073

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    hey tom, i was thinking of going too! but not during CNY, probably after. lemme know of your confirmed date? i might join you... if you want company that is...

    Tomshen, Larry, wanna go with me? i've just drove there a month back.

    The only way to get acesss to shoot at all the good spots (example: sunrise at the peak) and at good lighting hours is to rent a car and drive there.

    I don't encourage to go during CNY, it's PACK with Peoples.

  5. #5
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    I'm also interested got to CameronHighland, I planned to go there on hari raya haji. But I can arrange my schedule to follow you guys, If there is a spot left....for me.
    W204FL

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Originally posted by Simon

    Tomshen, Larry, wanna go with me? i've just drove there a month back.

    The only way to get acesss to shoot at all the good spots (example: sunrise at the peak) and at good lighting hours is to rent a car and drive there.

    I don't encourage to go during CNY, it's PACK with Peoples.
    Ya, maybe CNY is not a good time. So let's arrange another time instead. Can hire a car if possible. It's not easy to move around with public transportation in Malaysia. But I will definitely visit Malaysia during CNY coz it needs no flight (fed up at getting air ticket), maybe do some street candid shoot there

    Snowcrash: thx for your info!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by tomshen
    Ya, maybe CNY is not a good time. So let's arrange another time instead. Can hire a car if possible.
    erm... Simon drives... *hint hint to Simon*

    can load up the tripods and gear in his boot...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Some pics that i took during my visit last nov 2002
    http://www.pbase.com/aikidoka25/cameron_highlands

    when i was there, everyday was raining in the afternoon, so the best time to take pictures is in the morning

    night time, there almost no outdoor activities besides eat , and talk with other guest in the lodge
    Last edited by aikidoka25; 7th January 2003 at 06:09 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •