Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: Latest Victim

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    so who should give the fair judgement? only god mah..

    but here, it is the judge in court, not SPCA or whoever cat lover...and judge has his own reason.

    Putting heavier punishment is never a solution, and the judge may have settled this punishment after review the person's background.

    Have you ever wanted to kill a cat when someone tell u it is not a crime? will you really think a violent people will be cured just because of heavier punishment? they need to be treated with some mental treatment.

    No matter you are cat lovers, animals lovers and what so ever, leave the judge to do his job. you don't have to bear any responsibility like the judge..if the judgement isn't fair, let's the judge do his job.
    most sensible so far...

    Hmm like the famous jedi line... with abit of addons...

    Love lead to fear, fear lead to hate, hate lead to suffering...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #82
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO


    that's the spirit.. misinterpret and retort inconsequential remarks. PRO!

    oldest trick in the book when u lose an argument.
    Has it ever occured to you that the misinterpretation is due in no small part to the fact that you failed to communicate your point across? To begin with, I see no argument because there was no point in your remarks that were in direct disagreement with my points except that I phrase 1 sentence differently from how you expect it to be phrased.

    1 - you brought up my parents as an example, when you do not know me. What exactly was your point?

    2 - you made a remark that suggested people harbour feelings of incest, again even when thinly veiled as an example, which could have done with a more civil analogy

    If you have a personal beef with me, take it to PM, don't come try shoot down my post simply because you had a previous disagreement about me shooting for free for a client who paid me a fairly good price for other related work.

    JoHo, I don't take disagreements personally as I find that we all live in a world where everyone thinks and acts differently, which is what makes it interesting. BUT, if you do have an issue with my ethics, you're free to PM me to discuss in a civil manner. I may not agree with you, but I'll never drag your parents into the scene and I hope you can be civil enough to do likewise.
    Last edited by G-man; 29th August 2006 at 05:44 PM.

  3. #83
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    oh so being uncivil mildly is ok, but being uncivil in a more pronounced manner is not? asking someone who died and made them king is being uncivil isn't it? and it implies that the person's opinion is of a "royal" nature and ripples of sarcasm.

    ok nvm that, let's talk about the examples i used.

    i have no idea who your family is, and i dun care to know, or to insult, should you think that i was. the example stemmed from the love we show to an animal as opposed to love that we do NOT show to humans (perhaps, those closer to us, like our parents). if you want to, take it straight from me when i say this, perhaps offending more pple in this thread, that the cat is shown so much sympathy when there are other pple to worry about. i'm not saying the cat is unimportant, but there are MORE important things in our lives that need our sympathy. that is my opinion, no one else needs to agree, and certainly no one needs to assume that becos i said that, i would kick the next cat i see becos i see TONNES of them below my block everyday. this disclaimer is for pple like you that blow things up.

    about incest, i was poking u, not about ur sexual preferences, but your holier than thou attitude "crowning" someone king sacastically, giving the impression that u are sinless. if you insist, i apologise for insinuating that u think of your cousin that way (as u do know it was an EXAMPLE) but i will maintain that u need to rethink what u shoot off your mouth. the "crowning" effort of yours was totally demeaning, all this because of what? a cat? u made him sound like he thinks he's the ruler of this earth and wants to let cat killers off scot free becos he himself is a cruel person.

    about the beef, i have no idea what you are talking about. if i had a previous running in with you, i don't remember. if you don't believe me, too bad. this has nothing to do with anything that happened in the past. heck, i might even have hit the "quote" button without even seeing who was the one that wrote it. but since you brought it up, wat's this beef about and did we resolve it?

    i will take note to be more careful addressing you (and others) in future. u put ur tongue in the right place too please.

    i repeat, your "offence" is smaller, and mine seems bigger so i'm a worse person? i think not.

    back to the topic of this thread. the man has been convicted. it may be an unfair sentence in the eyes of many, and discussion about it is fine and natural. but everyone has, as you stated, their opinions, and none of these opinions deem that they want to be king. i am actually with freebsd, when he said and i quote "sometimes these so called 'animal lovers' selfishly only love their favourite animals more than mankind.. "

    pardon me for having this opinion if it offends you. becos it did offend u the first time u read it.

    i have no beef with u man, seriously. and i hope no beef appears here either. i just reply post per post and move on. let's ban beef.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Has it ever occured to you that the misinterpretation is due in no small part to the fact that you failed to communicate your point across? To begin with, I see no argument because there was no point in your remarks that were in direct disagreement with my points except that I phrase 1 sentence differently from how you expect it to be phrased.

    1 - you brought up my parents as an example, when you do not know me. What exactly was your point?

    2 - you made a remark that suggested people harbour feelings of incest, again even when thinly veiled as an example, which could have done with a more civil analogy

    If you have a personal beef with me, take it to PM, don't come try shoot down my post simply because you had a previous disagreement about me shooting for free for a client who paid me a fairly good price for other related work.

    JoHo, I don't take disagreements personally as I find that we all live in a world where everyone thinks and acts differently, which is what makes it interesting. BUT, if you do have an issue with my ethics, you're free to PM me to discuss in a civil manner. I may not agree with you, but I'll never drag your parents into the scene and I hope you can be civil enough to do likewise.

  4. #84
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    The difference here is that animals CANNOT speak for themselves and as such, the do things(actions) while we humans have the power of speech AND actions. As such, my stand stays. In that yes, I show more love to animals than to some of my fellow human beings because human beings, quite frankly, are a pretty messed up lot, myself included(yep, am not afraid to admit it). Therefore I have no disagreement with freebsd's remark that we sometimes love animals more than we love humans, so sue me.

    The remark "who died and made you king" is not being uncivil, FWIW. It's meant to challenge the person into questioning on what authority was the said statement made. If that's uncivil, then there's probably ALOT of vulgarity going around here.

    I got NO issues with your stand and your priorities, so perhaps you'd like to let those who have their own stand have their way? To begin with, nobody said anything about non cat lovers so the very fact that someone comes in, pokes around at a cat lover's stand and then expects other people to understand doesn't cut it either way.

    Nobody said anything about anyone's offence being bigger or smaller and thus that person is worse off, BUT whatever you do, I'd appreciate you leaving parents and family, NO MATTER WHAT, out of the picture. If you say you got no beef with me, fine. I shall take your word for it. As for whether the issue was resolved or not, I don't know. You tell me. If you say it's been resolved, fine, move on.

    Well since you've given your explanation, I shall accept, and expect you will do likewise. Making a remark like who died and made you king has nothing to do with referring to someone dying, it's a figure of speech, as your remarks are.

    My tongue is in the right place, let's just hope yours is too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    oh so being uncivil mildly is ok, but being uncivil in a more pronounced manner is not? asking someone who died and made them king is being uncivil isn't it? and it implies that the person's opinion is of a "royal" nature and ripples of sarcasm.

    ok nvm that, let's talk about the examples i used.

    i have no idea who your family is, and i dun care to know, or to insult, should you think that i was. the example stemmed from the love we show to an animal as opposed to love that we do NOT show to humans (perhaps, those closer to us, like our parents). if you want to, take it straight from me when i say this, perhaps offending more pple in this thread, that the cat is shown so much sympathy when there are other pple to worry about. i'm not saying the cat is unimportant, but there are MORE important things in our lives that need our sympathy. that is my opinion, no one else needs to agree, and certainly no one needs to assume that becos i said that, i would kick the next cat i see becos i see TONNES of them below my block everyday. this disclaimer is for pple like you that blow things up.

    about incest, i was poking u, not about ur sexual preferences, but your holier than thou attitude "crowning" someone king sacastically, giving the impression that u are sinless. if you insist, i apologise for insinuating that u think of your cousin that way (as u do know it was an EXAMPLE) but i will maintain that u need to rethink what u shoot off your mouth. the "crowning" effort of yours was totally demeaning, all this because of what? a cat? u made him sound like he thinks he's the ruler of this earth and wants to let cat killers off scot free becos he himself is a cruel person.

    about the beef, i have no idea what you are talking about. if i had a previous running in with you, i don't remember. if you don't believe me, too bad. this has nothing to do with anything that happened in the past. heck, i might even have hit the "quote" button without even seeing who was the one that wrote it. but since you brought it up, wat's this beef about and did we resolve it?

    i will take note to be more careful addressing you (and others) in future. u put ur tongue in the right place too please.

    i repeat, your "offence" is smaller, and mine seems bigger so i'm a worse person? i think not.

    back to the topic of this thread. the man has been convicted. it may be an unfair sentence in the eyes of many, and discussion about it is fine and natural. but everyone has, as you stated, their opinions, and none of these opinions deem that they want to be king. i am actually with freebsd, when he said and i quote "sometimes these so called 'animal lovers' selfishly only love their favourite animals more than mankind.. "

    pardon me for having this opinion if it offends you. becos it did offend u the first time u read it.

    i have no beef with u man, seriously. and i hope no beef appears here either. i just reply post per post and move on. let's ban beef.

  5. #85
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    sigh, this could go on forever because u have not totally understood what i'm saying, but nevertheless i'm not gonna expound further.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    i have read that even the prisons are different nowadays
    i'll do some research and see if i can give some examples
    Different in what way(s)?

  7. #87

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

    Sizzle...... the sound of rain dropping on the very hot floor to cool things down a little. For your information, there are lots of cats and dogs that need a home. Need to be adopted. Hence maybe can vest your energy towards that?

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

    Sizzle...... the sound of rain dropping on the very hot floor to cool things down a little. For your information, there are lots of cats and dogs that need a home. Need to be adopted. Hence maybe can vest your energy towards that?
    Nah, its raining Cats, and raining Dogs, yesterday & the day before... the reservoirs have adopted them... hahaha...

    Dun think anyone will go around adopting strays, same theory like u won't adopt a stranger on the street. And it will cause more problems if ppl just go get a moment of passion to get 1 and throw them on the streets... Think Adopting, Think Responsibility...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Nah, its raining Cats, and raining Dogs, yesterday & the day before... the reservoirs have adopted them... hahaha...

    Dun think anyone will go around adopting strays, same theory like u won't adopt a stranger on the street. And it will cause more problems if ppl just go get a moment of passion to get 1 and throw them on the streets... Think Adopting, Think Responsibility...

    I am not talking about just picking up any cat and dog from the street.... there are many strays that become loving members of families. Incidentally many strays were once household pets kicked out when owners got tired of them. I myself have a 2 month old kitten that was a stray abandoned at birth. I dont see her as a stranger.....

    I am saying instead of arguing so much and so much gun powder in the air, if you really love animals and want to and most impt can give them a home for the next 10 to 20 years then go to adoption sites like SPCA, cat welfare society or Action for Spore Dogs. lots of "strays" there for adoption.

  10. #90
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    All 3 of my cats were once strays. Took them in, spent a fair bit on getting them sterilised, vaccines and all. Now I won't even consider giving them away, let alone put them back on the streets. If it means I leave a party early to go back and feed them, I'll do it.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Some may say that people who like animals are not sound in the mind, wuss, sissy, soft, and some even say nuts. Well all I can say is that I think of it not so much as love or like. Its more we are all interconnected in some way or another. You may find a rain forest dirty with dirt and all, but you need it because they are the lungs of the earth. You may find a mangrove swamp muddy and filthy, (those who trained in Ubin's swamps will know what I mean) but during the Tsunami of 2006, areas least affected were those protected by mangrove swamps, seems that the mangrove trees buffered the impact of Tsunami.

    You may not like cats, dogs or cockroaches but if they are not bothering you then why do you want them dead? Just because they are there? I myself didnt want to have any pets and said no pets in my home, but I had to eat my words when a new born kitten dropped into my path. At that moment, I could either walk away and let nature take its course or let nature take its course which was that the kitten would be adopted by the first creature that it encountered that could be its subsitute mother that being the unlucky me. I learnt patience, tolerance and found that hey I was not too bad a mother or father depending on u look at it. And most important of all, beneath that hard exterior busy with climbing the corporate ladder, I found that there is more to life than just work!

    Anyway those who are anti animals should be happy to know that Tampines Town Council is launching a month long culling campaign, looking at it, Tampines should be 100 percent cat free.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    I don't see how anyone can hate animals.
    They are animals just like we are.
    And we have no right to write them off.

    I would not have an animal-hater as a friend.
    They would be extremely dangerous to have around.

  13. #93
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by cityofangels
    Different in what way(s)?
    see here

    http://www.prisons.gov.sg/

    Quote Originally Posted by Singapore Prison Service
    Ultimately, Captains of Lives is built on three principles: Rehab, Renew, Restart.

    Rehab is a commitment to our programmes and counsellors within the system to support inmates who have proven that they want and are able to change.

    Renew is a commitment an inmate makes to change his/her life for the better. Looking beyond their imprisonment, they demonstrate a willingness and desire to renew their lives.

    Restart is a commitment to garner the support of the community. Through the CARE Network, our offenders are given the opportunity to restart their lives.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

    Sizzle...... the sound of rain dropping on the very hot floor to cool things down a little. For your information, there are lots of cats and dogs that need a home. Need to be adopted. Hence maybe can vest your energy towards that?

    Sigh ... keep up the hard hard work u are doing, ok? I REALLY REALLY wish I have 10 million dollars - or maybe 5 million will do - heck 1 million maybe also can - then I can buy a big house and start another animal shelter ...

    We already have 18 cats - they are not that difficult to take care of but sometimes things can get a bit hairy!! (I mean it in the metaphorical sense - i have long seen given up trying to get rid of that fine layer of fur that seems to descend on our bed, furniture, etc and when I wear black - u can always see some cat fur on my clothes - haha!)

    Oh well ... now we do the best we can for our babies at home and we try to help the outside ones as best as possible.

    My husband is urging me to write an Animal Charter and get our MP to support it so that it can be passed as a Bill in Parliament. From what u reported about the response from the MP in TPC - I think it may just work. Hopefully, my MP is as approachable as the one at TPC.

    Peace ...

  15. #95

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Many cats reported dead with their throats slit in newspaper today.

    Surpisingly, it was reported that there have been hundreds of complaints against these cats. I think some of these cats may have really pose as nusiance to the neighbourhood.

    Some cats climb the roof of cars and leaves their paw marks and scratches on it. Others polish their paw on motorcycles seats and tear them up. While some feed these stray cats and leave all the food mess all over the void decks.

    Cats are a little dumb I must say. People shoo them away from their vehicles and yet they persist on doing it and create the hatred towards them.

    Personally, I dont think there should be strays on the street. If people loves cats, they can bring it back home as their pets. But the rest of the strays should not be allowed to venture freely in the open streets. If these cat people loves cats, maybe they should allow these surplus cats on the street to be culled since they cant be properly cared for by anyone.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL
    Many cats reported dead with their throats slit in newspaper today.

    Surpisingly, it was reported that there have been hundreds of complaints against these cats. I think some of these cats may have really pose as nusiance to the neighbourhood.

    Some cats climb the roof of cars and leaves their paw marks and scratches on it. Others polish their paw on motorcycles seats and tear them up. While some feed these stray cats and leave all the food mess all over the void decks.

    Cats are a little dumb I must say. People shoo them away from their vehicles and yet they persist on doing it and create the hatred towards them.


    Personally, I dont think there should be strays on the street. If people loves cats, they can bring it back home as their pets. But the rest of the strays should not be allowed to venture freely in the open streets. If these cat people loves cats, maybe they should allow these surplus cats on the street to be culled since they cant be properly cared for by anyone.
    not dumb lah, they only yearn for affection & attention... like a kid... just that nobody teach them the proper way...

    anyway, isn't it cruel to slit their throats? shown to public?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL

    Surpisingly, it was reported that there have been hundreds of complaints against these cats. I think some of these cats may have really pose as nusiance to the neighbourhood.

    Some cats climb the roof of cars and leaves their paw marks and scratches on it.

    Personally, I dont think there should be strays on the street. If people loves cats, they can bring it back home as their pets. But the rest of the strays should not be allowed to venture freely in the open streets. If these cat people loves cats, maybe they should allow these surplus cats on the street to be culled since they cant be properly cared for by anyone.
    Its has been proven that cats do not scratch cars or rather they are not capable of leaving scratch marks on cars unless your car has very bad diy paintwork or the cat is some new species with steel claws. Its vandals that scratch cars and the blame goes to the cats.

    Many singaporeans would love to bring home the cats but HDB has this ruling that is no cats allowed in HDB. With 80 percent of population staying in HDB, how are cats going to find a home? And many have had to give away their cats after neighbours complain to HDB esp when they know that cats are not allowed.

    Frankly there are lot of people who hate cats, even here as one can see from the posts. Slitting of throats, throwing cats off buildings are regarded as no big deal. Just getting rid of pests as some would say. But I think a cockroach public pest no 1 has it better off, at least it is most of the time a swift blow to the head or a highly toxic insecticide offering instant death. Cats on the other hand have to be strung up, swung around like a toy while having a noose around their neck, have their neck slitted. But oh yeah I forgot, they are just pests.. so we should just accept it. In fact should even reward those who do it for helping to rid the estate of pests!

    Let me think the last time someone was rewarded as heroes for indisciminatingly slitting throats and killing another being was during the holocaust when gays, gypsies, jews were executed for just being who they were. Heil the SS divisions that gloriously liberated the Aryan people from pests such as jews and gays.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Its has been proven that cats do not scratch cars or rather they are not capable of leaving scratch marks on cars unless your car has very bad diy paintwork or the cat is some new species with steel claws. Its vandals that scratch cars and the blame goes to the cats.

    Many singaporeans would love to bring home the cats but HDB has this ruling that is no cats allowed in HDB. With 80 percent of population staying in HDB, how are cats going to find a home? And many have had to give away their cats after neighbours complain to HDB esp when they know that cats are not allowed.

    Frankly there are lot of people who hate cats, even here as one can see from the posts. Slitting of throats, throwing cats off buildings are regarded as no big deal. Just getting rid of pests as some would say. But I think a cockroach public pest no 1 has it better off, at least it is most of the time a swift blow to the head or a highly toxic insecticide offering instant death. Cats on the other hand have to be strung up, swung around like a toy while having a noose around their neck, have their neck slitted. But oh yeah I forgot, they are just pests.. so we should just accept it. In fact should even reward those who do it for helping to rid the estate of pests!

    Let me think the last time someone was rewarded as heroes for indisciminatingly slitting throats and killing another being was during the holocaust when gays, gypsies, jews were executed for just being who they were. Heil the SS divisions that gloriously liberated the Aryan people from pests such as jews and gays.
    My car has not been scratched by cats before but cats love to sleep, and pee, on my motorcycle.

    Then some bright fella told me to put a packet of mothballs on the seat. After some nights the cat peed on the mothballs!!!

  19. #99

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    I am aware of their 3 principles. I thought you meant the physical environment was different.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Latest Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by kongping
    My car has not been scratched by cats before but cats love to sleep, and pee, on my motorcycle.

    Then some bright fella told me to put a packet of mothballs on the seat. After some nights the cat peed on the mothballs!!!
    Could it be other things?
    Or that might be a cat-mutant.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •