Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    For the avid travel photographer,



    Details :
    #1 www.kimlau.sg/
    #2 www.mytikas.org/

  2. #2
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Thank you.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    Thank you.
    Hello yyD70s,

    Thanks for the acknowledgement.

    Just to point out that there're two talks during the exhibition period. The 1st is on 9th Sep (Sat) 3:30pm themed "Faces of Pakistan" and the 2nd talk on the 16th Sep (Sat) at 3:30pm as well themed "Colours of Tibet". Each session has its own collection of travel works, so there're actually two distinct sets of selected prints to be viewed and two different talks to sit in for the period at Orchard Library :-)

    Cheers

  4. #4

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Alamak, not around during 4-13 Sep!!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Thanks Chancy for the headsup..

    The first session Faces of Pakistan presents a series of portraits and landscapes of my journey through Pakistan, coupled with travel tales. Aimed to share my experiences with fellow travellers, photographers and the general public about this land of extreme hospitality.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Ahh....you're back!

    Shall check out your exhibition...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    Ahh....you're back!

    Shall check out your exhibition...
    Thanks

    Taking the opportunity to garner more support, here's the official synopsis...




    One Round In Asia
    The odyssey of an intrepid traveller revealed through images of peoples, cultures, architectures and landscapes, as he made his journey One Round in Asia. The 9-month journey traverses through the lands of Yunnan, Sichuan, Tibet, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Xinjiang, Central and Coastal China. A two-part exhibition, Faces of Pakistan and Colours of Tibet, features the aesthetics of travel photography with talks on each part. An Odyssey Revealed reveals the chronology of the journey through multimedia slide presentation. Also featured are, the Olympus E-System that were used to capture the entire gallery, and photo prints for the exhibition by Fotohub.

    Faces of Pakistan unveils the various people of Northern Pakistan and their environment. This gallery presents images captured along the Green Route, a somewhat extended version of the classic Karakoram Highway journey. It emphasizes on Pakistanís North West Frontier Province (NWFP), with the Mughal Architectures of India and Kashgar symbolically marking the start and end.

    Colours of Tibet attempts to capture the colors that were deep-rooted into their cultures, religion, architectures and landscapes. This gallery presents images captured along the Red Route. It however locks in on the journey taken along the Sichuan-Tibet highway, followed by the Tibet-Nepal highway. Yunnan/Sichuan and Coastal China symbolically marks the start and end of this gallery (and the entire journey), hence One Round in Asia.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hello yyD70s,

    Thanks for the acknowledgement.

    Just to point out that there're two talks during the exhibition period. The 1st is on 9th Sep (Sat) 3:30pm themed "Faces of Pakistan" and the 2nd talk on the 16th Sep (Sat) at 3:30pm as well themed "Colours of Tibet". Each session has its own collection of travel works, so there're actually two distinct sets of selected prints to be viewed and two different talks to sit in for the period at Orchard Library :-)

    Cheers
    so sad...got to work till 4pm..unable to attend the talk..but may I know can I still go to Orchard Library to view the pictures...I love travel photography
    May I know how to go Orchard Library from City Hall?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NOrtHlaNdeR
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo
    Thanks

    Taking the opportunity to garner more support, here's the official synopsis...




    One Round In Asia
    The odyssey of an intrepid traveller revealed through images of peoples, cultures, architectures and landscapes, as he made his journey One Round in Asia. The 9-month journey traverses through the lands of Yunnan, Sichuan, Tibet, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Xinjiang, Central and Coastal China. A two-part exhibition, Faces of Pakistan and Colours of Tibet, features the aesthetics of travel photography with talks on each part. An Odyssey Revealed reveals the chronology of the journey through multimedia slide presentation. Also featured are, the Olympus E-System that were used to capture the entire gallery, and photo prints for the exhibition by Fotohub.

    Faces of Pakistan unveils the various people of Northern Pakistan and their environment. This gallery presents images captured along the Green Route, a somewhat extended version of the classic Karakoram Highway journey. It emphasizes on Pakistanís North West Frontier Province (NWFP), with the Mughal Architectures of India and Kashgar symbolically marking the start and end.

    Colours of Tibet attempts to capture the colors that were deep-rooted into their cultures, religion, architectures and landscapes. This gallery presents images captured along the Red Route. It however locks in on the journey taken along the Sichuan-Tibet highway, followed by the Tibet-Nepal highway. Yunnan/Sichuan and Coastal China symbolically marks the start and end of this gallery (and the entire journey), hence One Round in Asia.
    Wow! Am keen to go down and take a look. But seems only have till this thurs..
    Hi Kimbo,
    Will your exhibition feature those photos you have taken during your trip still? Or only some of it? Always wanted to travel to pakistan and tibet but did not get the opportunity to do so.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by chickentang
    so sad...got to work till 4pm..unable to attend the talk..but may I know can I still go to Orchard Library to view the pictures...I love travel photography
    May I know how to go Orchard Library from City Hall?
    Thanks. The pictures will be on display for the period of the exhibition, which is:

    Faces of Pakistan
    4/9 to 13/9

    Colours of Tibet
    14/9 to 24/9

    I should, but not confirmed to organize personalized tour of gallery, before and after the talk, and perhaps on sunday too. When you come, you can always approach the library information on this. I will confirm some of these, hioefully soon.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by chickentang
    so sad...got to work till 4pm..unable to attend the talk..but may I know can I still go to Orchard Library to view the pictures...I love travel photography
    May I know how to go Orchard Library from City Hall?
    MRT from cityhall to Orchard, then follow underground link to Takashimaya.. 6th floor is the library.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by FOCALPOINT
    Wow! Am keen to go down and take a look. But seems only have till this thurs..
    Hi Kimbo,
    Will your exhibition feature those photos you have taken during your trip still? Or only some of it? Always wanted to travel to pakistan and tibet but did not get the opportunity to do so.
    All exhibits will be images captured during the trip. For contents, I have chosen to focus on Pakistan and Tibet. The multimedia display should show of the travel chronology.

    Not quite sure when you mention 'until this thurs..'. In any case, the exhibition will only start in 2 weeks time. Do come down.. you will not be disappointed.

  13. #13
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    wooo will make some free time to visit the travel photos.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NOrtHlaNdeR
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo
    All exhibits will be images captured during the trip. For contents, I have chosen to focus on Pakistan and Tibet. The multimedia display should show of the travel chronology.

    Not quite sure when you mention 'until this thurs..'. In any case, the exhibition will only start in 2 weeks time. Do come down.. you will not be disappointed.
    Hi Kimbo,

    My apologies. Mistook Aug for Sept. Then it would be great. Will find time to go down and attend the multimedia sesion if possible. Thks!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    371

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hello yyD70s,

    Thanks for the acknowledgement.

    Just to point out that there're two talks during the exhibition period. The 1st is on 9th Sep (Sat) 3:30pm themed "Faces of Pakistan" and the 2nd talk on the 16th Sep (Sat) at 3:30pm as well themed "Colours of Tibet". Each session has its own collection of travel works, so there're actually two distinct sets of selected prints to be viewed and two different talks to sit in for the period at Orchard Library :-)

    Cheers
    chancy,
    this gotta be a very interesting exhibition.
    do we need to sign-up/ register to attend the session?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by drakko
    chancy,
    this gotta be a very interesting exhibition.
    do we need to sign-up/ register to attend the session?
    The exhibition emphasize on my travel experiences. with photography as a media. It will hopefully be interesting to most.

    Its a public event, open to anyone.

  17. #17
    Member kktan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lands behind the Wood
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo
    The exhibition emphasize on my travel experiences. with photography as a media. It will hopefully be interesting to most.

    Its a public event, open to anyone.
    Hi Kimbo,

    Uping this thread for you.

    Visited the library@orchard this evening and saw your series on "Faces of Pakistan". Like what i see and Mr. Michael is my favourite.

    Looking forward to see your second series on the "Colours of Tibet".

    Cheers....

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    140

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by kktan
    Hi Kimbo,

    Uping this thread for you.

    Visited the library@orchard this evening and saw your series on "Faces of Pakistan". Like what i see and Mr. Michael is my favourite.

    Looking forward to see your second series on the "Colours of Tibet".

    Cheers....
    Wah kktan, tot u not feeling well, still can visit Michael ah!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    Wah kktan, tot u not feeling well, still can visit Michael ah!
    michael still sitting there, waiting for more visitors leh...

    thanks for for upzzz..

  20. #20
    Member kktan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lands behind the Wood
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Travel Photo Exhibition : Lau Kim Hang, Library@Orchard 4-24 Sep '06

    Quote Originally Posted by ecc35
    Wah kktan, tot u not feeling well, still can visit Michael ah!
    Shh.......... Not to loud. Or else me boss will me.

    ecc35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •